IGNORED

City (Away) 10th Feb 2024

Btay

Tough game to get something out of this however I think we can frustrate them if we press and play with intensity.

We will need to see a lot more quality from Harrison & McNeil than we have the last few weeks.

Onana hopefully back in contention as I would pack the midfield with Gana, Onana & Garner slightly further forward.

Young hopefully dropping to the bench but that’s highly unlikely.

Pickford

Godfrey     Tarks       Branthwaite    Myko

Gana      Garner      Onana 

Harrison                                        McNeil 

DCL

Like you say, it’s a tough game and I don’t expect anything from it. For that reason I wouldn’t play Onana this week. Plenty of winnable games coming up and I think we probably need 6-7 wins to guarantee safety so I wouldn’t take any risks with his fitness against City. 

• Manchester City are unbeaten in their past 13 Premier League games against Everton, since a 4-0 loss at Goodison Park in January 2017.

• Since winning four consecutive away league games against Manchester City between 2008 and 2010, Everton are now without a win in their past 12 visits to the Etihad Stadium (D5 L7).

• Manchester City have not lost any of their past 23 Premier League games against sides in the relegation zone (W21 D2), since a 3-2 loss at Norwich City in September 2019.

• Half of Everton’s Premier League goals this season have come from set pieces, the highest of any side in the competition. Excluding penalties, only Arsenal (14) have scored more goals from set pieces than the Toffees this term (13), while only Liverpool (111) have had more shots (110).

• Phil Foden has been involved in eight goals in his past six Premier League appearances, scoring four and assisting four. He has also scored four times against Everton in the competition, only netting more against Brighton (six goals) and Brentford (five goals).

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The extent of my ambitions/expectations for this game is just hoping we don’t get spanked, in fact tbh I would take a 1-0 defeat if you offered me it right now

We did play them to a 1:1 draw at the Etihad on New Year's Eve last season. That day we went with a 5-3-2 lineup that looked like this:

Pickford

Myko Tarkowski Coady Godfrey Patterson

Onana Gueye Iwobi

Gray DCL

1 hour ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

We did play them to a 1:1 draw at the Etihad on New Year's Eve last season. That day we went with a 5-3-2 lineup that looked like this:

Pickford

Myko Tarkowski Coady Godfrey Patterson

Onana Gueye Iwobi

Gray DCL

I know it’s petty but it drives me nuts… the way that line up is has Myko at RB & Godfrey at LB

12 minutes ago, badaids said:

State of that kit, it’s like a bucket of cold sick being poured in your eyes every time you see it.

Even a point today would be immense. COYB.

You seem a bit on the fence about the kit mate. Can't you be a bit clearer about whether you like it or not?