IGNORED

Burnley (home) 6th April 15:00

Sev

Now surely. Surely this has to be a win. Personally don't care much what formation/system Dyche will have the players play as long as all give their absolutely best. Apart from scoring issues we seem to have an ongoing problem with midfileders. Seems to be lack of creativity, willingness to run and proper passings.

I want to see us not only win, but also see some of the potential we know that some of our players have. COYB and make it a good one.

2 hours ago, Sev said:

Now surely. Surely this has to be a win. Personally don't care much what formation/system Dyche will have the players play as long as all give their absolutely best. Apart from scoring issues we seem to have an ongoing problem with midfileders. Seems to be lack of creativity, willingness to run and proper passings.

I want to see us not only win, but also see some of the potential we know that some of our players have. COYB and make it a good one.

Really what you’re saying is that you want at least as a minimum Garner or Gomes to start, or preferably both. 

41 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Really what you’re saying is that you want at least as a minimum Garner or Gomes to start, or preferably both. 

I’d rather Gomes came on for last 30 mins, he’s too slow to play the full game, putting us at risk, he’s much better in the last 30 mins as we saw on Tuesday.

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

Not necessarily, though I'd like to see Gomes to start. What I am saying is that creativity, runs and passings should be what is expected from professional players. To play as a team, play for eachother, play for the club.

58 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Feels like a huge day in the future of Everton Football Club, actually it’s probably the start of a huge week, and I can’t say I’m confident

Michael Oliver as Ref doesn’t help and I’ve heard unconfirmed reports Pierluigi Collina & Clive Thomas are coming out of retirement to run the lines !

Coote is on VAR as well.

• This is the third meeting between Everton and Burnley in all competitions this season, with the Toffees winning 3-0 in the EFL Cup and 2-0 in the Premier League so far. The last time they beat a team three times in the same season while keeping a clean sheet each time was in 1995-96 against Blackburn.

• Since the start of last season, all nine of Everton’s Premier League home wins have been to nil. They’ve drawn five and lost 17 of their last 22 at Goodison Park when conceding at least once, since a 3-2 win over Crystal Palace in May 2022.

• Burnley have conceded 30 away Premier League goals this season, their most in a season since 2018-19, when they conceded 36 under Sean Dyche. The Clarets have shipped two or more goals in their last six on the road, last having a longer such run in the competition in their first 11 away games in 2009-10.

• Everton won seven of their first eight home Premier League games under Sean Dyche when they scored the first goal, only conceding one goal in those eight games. However, they have lost their last two when scoring first, losing both games 3-1 to Manchester City and West Ham.

• Amadou Onana has scored in both of Everton’s games against Burnley in all competitions. The last Toffees player to score in three separate games against an opponent in a single season was Romelu Lukaku against Leicester in 2016-17.

• Having beaten his former club Burnley earlier this season in the Premier League, Everton manager Sean Dyche could be the second Toffees manager to complete a double over a former club in a Premier League season, along with Sam Allardyce in 2017-18 against Newcastle United.

• Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin ended an 18-game goalless run in the Premier League with his goal against Newcastle. He last netted in consecutive games in September this season, while he has three in his last five against Burnley

From what I'm seeing on Socials, the fans are rallying once again. All the stuff we've seem the last couple of years to help us stay up.

It's brill to see. When it matters, all opinions, debates etc get put to one side to fully focus on what really matters.

Over to Dyche and the players to respond in kind....

22 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

From what I'm seeing on Socials, the fans are rallying once again. All the stuff we've seem the last couple of years to help us stay up.

It's brill to see. When it matters, all opinions, debates etc get put to one side to fully focus on what really matters.

Over to Dyche and the players to respond in kind....

I wonder why Dyche stopped the coach greeting and made them travel in their own cars Surety it’s better to arrive as a team. 

Upper balcony today. Last time there we hammered Newcastle so hopefully I'm good luck.  

we need to be at the them straight from the first whistle. 

Dominic king saying dyche has lost a few of the players.... don't give a shit - they play for us and shouldn't need smoke bombs and stuff to remind them of that.  We need to survive and the surgery can commence in the close season.

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I feel so fucking nervous for this today.

I'll be getting to my seat early as requested from the 1878s and doing my bit for the team all game long.

Come on you fucking blues!

Yeah I feel this way, it’s a 1am kick off so I don’t think I’ll sleep, probably just get hammered actually!

Missus is on night shift so at least she won’t have to watch me mentally break down in the lead up.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Yeah I feel this way, it’s a 1am kick off so I don’t think I’ll sleep, probably just get hammered actually!

Missus is on night shift so at least she won’t have to watch me mentally break down in the lead up.

It really is fucking horrible.

We just need them to pull it out of the bag today and get it done. Doesn't matter how they do it but just do it.

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It really is fucking horrible.

We just need them to pull it out of the bag today and get it done. Doesn't matter how they do it but just do it.

I’ll wait till the team announcement before I start grabbing all the pills in the house and a bottle of whiskey. 
Got to be honest quite chilled at the moment, I feel confident we can do this with the right team and approach. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ll wait till the team announcement before I start grabbing all the pills in the house and a bottle of whiskey. 
Got to be honest quite chilled at the moment, I feel confident we can do this with the right team and approach. 

The only positive about away games for me is that I get to drink, because I don't drink when I'm there at the home games. It's taken all of my will power not to mind :lol:.

Shitting a brick currently but I'll be bringing all the positive energy once I get in that ground. The fans have an important part to play today and I'm determined to not bring any negativity with me.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Upper balcony today. Last time there we hammered Newcastle so hopefully I'm good luck.  

we need to be at the them straight from the first whistle. 

Dominic king saying dyche has lost a few of the players.... don't give a shit - they play for us and shouldn't need smoke bombs and stuff to remind them of that.  We need to survive and the surgery can commence in the close season.

Showing my age now but last time I was up there we lost 6-2 to United and I managed to miss both of our goals. Vowed never to go back and stuck to it!

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Cracking a whiskey now mate 😂

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Showing my age now but last time I was up there we lost 6-2 to United and I managed to miss both of our goals. Vowed never to go back and stuck to it!

Worst thing about it is you can see everything so clearly - when you are shite you really look shite. 

18 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

How do you guys get tickets these days? I always struggle...unless I'm leaving it too late?

Join a supporters club mate. I’m in Mid Wales supporters club and get tickets for any match I ask. Brilliant bunch of people as well. 
I live in the midlands as well, so they are no where near me.

I guess it'll be 4411.  WIth Garner and Gomes in the middle it looks like we'll want the ball and play a bit.   Which is a bit scary to be honest, given how terrible we are with the ball.

We'll all be saying what a great move it was if we win, and what an idiotic decision if we lose.

14 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

No Onana and gueye ..... my suspicion is the Onana reaction to his sub wasn't appreciated 

or could simply be both have a knock that keeps them out of the game. Dyche doesn't have the luxury of simply just dropping players out of the squad completely

Well, we wanted more footy.

My impression is that with Gomes and Garner playing, Dyche wants us to 'go for it' more.

Young on the right is suspect.

Other than that, I don't really see what else we can do (except maybe start Beto in place of Doucs...but then we wouldn't be able to start with Gomes and Garner, IMO).