IGNORED

Nottingham Forest (Home) 21st April

Romey 1878

• Everton have won just one of their past 15 Premier League games, and their past two victories have both been over Burnley (2-0 in December and 1-0 earlier this month).

• Nottingham Forest have gained six points in their past five Premier League games after only taking four from their first eight of 2024.

• Of the 17 sides to have been in the Premier League since the start of last season, Everton have won the fewest home games (10), earned the fewest home points (37), lost the most home games (17) and scored the fewest home goals (32).

• And of those 17 sides, Forest have won the fewest away games (three), earned the fewest away points (18), lost the most away games (23), scored the fewest away goals (28) and conceded the most away goals (77).

• The Blues have conceded 48 league goals this season, having shipped 66 in 2021-22 and 57 last term. They last conceded 50 or more in three consecutive 38-game campaigns between 1907-08 and 1909-10.

• Including penalties, the Reds have scored both the joint fewest goals (six) and the lowest percentage of goals (14%) from set-pieces this season. Meanwhile, they have also conceded the most goals (25) and the highest percentage of goals (43%) from set-pieces in 2023-24.

Must win.

I’m expecting some changes to the 11 who started against Chelsea. Hopefully DCL is back & Branthwaite is fit.

For the love of god please don’t start Young or Doucs.

Harrison will probably get a start, not off merit but purely because Young has been shitter than he was before he got dropped, which I thought wasn’t possibly.

Danjuma? Hasn’t been great when he got minutes but he atleast looks positive, which is more than we can say about the 3 behind the striker lately.

Pickford

?????       Tarks               JB             Myko

Gana                     Gomes 

Danjuma           Harrison                 McNeil 

DCL

RB - who’s fit? Will most likely be Young or Godfrey but honestly, play the kid from the 21’s at this rate.

40 minutes ago, Btay said:

Must win.

I’m expecting some changes to the 11 who started against Chelsea. Hopefully DCL is back & Branthwaite is fit.

For the love of god please don’t start Young or Doucs.

Harrison will probably get a start, not off merit but purely because Young has been shitter than he was before he got dropped, which I thought wasn’t possibly.

Danjuma? Hasn’t been great when he got minutes but he atleast looks positive, which is more than we can say about the 3 behind the striker lately.

Pickford

?????       Tarks               JB             Myko

Gana                     Gomes 

Danjuma           Harrison                 McNeil 

DCL

RB - who’s fit? Will most likely be Young or Godfrey but honestly, play the kid from the 21’s at this rate.

Think that's the most positive we can be. I'd bet its Godrey too, especially since we'll need a runner to cover for Danjuma

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • And of those 17 sides, Forest have won the fewest away games (three), earned the fewest away points (18), lost the most away games (23), scored the fewest away goals (28) and conceded the most away goals (77).

Did you really have to add this? :crying:

I think Garner at right back with permission to get forward and cross is a good idea. Gana, Gomes and Onana in midfield.  I'll be honest, Onana deserves dropping and if it wasn't for the fact that Doucoure gives the ball away a criminal amount of time he would be dropped.

Just now, RuffRob said:

This is the game in which all the players need to stand up and be counted - it is a proper 6 pointer. I can forgive the performance away to Chelsea if we get a reaction from the players and we get a deserved win against Forest. Beating Forest on Sunday is far more important than putting in a performance at Stamford Bridge. If the embarressing manner of Mondays defeat give the team the kick up that is needed for this run in, then it may not turn out to the be as bad a result as it initially looks. 

The fans will well and truly get behind the team if they show the fight that is expect. 

I completely agree except I don't care how we achieve 3 points. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

watching dyche press conference...... waffle fest.  DCL and Branthwaite should be fit, other than that it was like watching a career politician at work.

starts 13m45s

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm crossing my fingers it'll be Garner at RB.

Also, I can't see Danjuma getting a sniff.

I think that’s our best shout to be fair.

Sadly I think you are right about Danjuma.

No doubt it will be Godfrey and Young on the right flank.

your fault @Matt I told you to keep that powder dry!  He's been reading toffeetalk!

"I'm currently not deemed to be doing a good job".......  as though he's surprised by that?!

yeah Sean the 4 games worth of credit has kinda evaporated in the 15 games of repetitive shite they we have seen. 

I can't handle him sorry..... it's like watching an mp in full bullshit bingo flow. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

your fault @Matt I told you to keep that powder dry!  He's been reading toffeetalk!

"I'm currently not deemed to be doing a good job".......  as though he's surprised by that?!

yeah Sean the 4 games worth of credit has kinda evaporated in the 15 games of repetitive shite they we have seen. 

I can't handle him sorry..... it's like watching an mp in full bullshit bingo flow. 

Sorry mate: :lol:

I think what Dyche needs to remember is '15 games ago...' is half a season! Almost half a season without a win is going to test the most hardened fans!

Anyways, must win!

Unfortunately, I expect Young to feature. And Doucs. Probs Godffrey at RB.

I don't care...just get as many wins as possible over the next 6 games!

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I think what Dyche needs to remember is '15 games ago...' is half a season! Almost half a season without a win is going to test the most hardened fans!

Anyways, must win!

Unfortunately, I expect Young to feature. And Doucs. Probs Godffrey at RB.

I don't care...just get as many wins as possible over the next 6 games!

He also needs a reality check I’ve never read or heard anyone call him the messiah. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

He also needs a reality check I’ve never read or heard anyone call him the messiah. 

Unbelievable... started talking about cinema & films laughing and joking.

im not against managers having a personality but ffs pick the moment 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Yeah, I mean, he's come out with some bizarre stuff recently.

He was doing a job most of us could get behind. Things were looking good. But 15 games is a long fuckin time!

13 hours ago, Hafnia said:

watching dyche press conference...... waffle fest.  DCL and Branthwaite should be fit, other than that it was like watching a career politician at work.

It's been the same his entire tenure. Never gives a straight answer, has a pocket of standard responses usually involving "he's back on the grass"

I don't want to be dramatic but lose this and I think we are fucked. 

the team needs a Palace (2022), Bournemouth (2023) esque performance.

we need composure on the ball so please play Gomes. We need energy and fight so please don't play Onana.

finally we need some luck in front of goal because skill (or lack of) is getting us nowhere. 

COYB! 

Gomes must play this.

I just want to see a team with as much technical ability as possible. Garner at RB is a great shout. The only argument I’ll have for Onana is the best game for us he has produced is when he was dropped & came in last minute for Gana who was injured. 

6 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

It's been the same his entire tenure. Never gives a straight answer, has a pocket of standard responses usually involving "he's back on the grass"

That's just basic PR training 101, not a Dyche thing. How to manage a question you don't like; acknowledge the question and divert, often with "I think the real question is..." and answer that one instead. 

6 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I don't want to be dramatic but lose this and I think we are fucked. 

the team needs a Palace (2022), Bournemouth (2023) esque performance.

we need composure on the ball so please play Gomes. We need energy and fight so please don't play Onana.

finally we need some luck in front of goal because skill (or lack of) is getting us nowhere. 

COYB! 

I think we will lose.  I said after the Burnley game we had reached an all time low 

we are relying on Luton getting beat today.

ive said all along we are reliant on Luton waving the white flag which they just don't do. Lokonga is back which automatically improves them by 40%.

good times

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think we will lose.  I said after the Burnley game we had reached an all time low 

ive said all along we are reliant on Luton waving the white flag which they just don't do. Lokonga is back which automatically improves them by 40%.

good times

I like Lokonga a decent sports director would have had him and Barkley in our midfield this season maybe next year then 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

good times

Hard for me to see Luton will lose that game. When it comes to fighting when everything looks bleak they're one of the best teams for that. And Brentford ... hm not that great of a team really. Well, neither are we, but we absolutely must win against Forest tomorrow.

On 19/04/2024 at 09:26, Btay said:

Pickford

Garner       Tarks               JB             Myko

Gana                    

Gomes

Harrison                                           McNeil 

Calvert-Lewin

Beto

Yeh, looks like Luton lost their breath. Anyhow, I'd like to see both Calvert-Lewin and Beto from start, with Calvert-Lewin as an offensive attacking midfielder with Beto on top. And Gomes to hopefully play some nice passes from center midfield...ish either foward or to the wingers.