• Jack Harrison
    • Callum O’Hare
    • Ross Barkley
    • Ben Johnson
    • Che Adams
    • Lloyd Kelly
    • Simon Adingra
    • Ben Brereton Diaz

after being put on the naughty step for mentioning him in another post -  Jordan James is a player I like the look of.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/birmingham-city-players-who-could-attract-transfer-interest-this-summer/

Being a Welshman I have seen him as a regular starter in the Wales midfeild at 19 (has 10 caps now in past calader year). He also grabbed 8 goals as a midfeilder in a struggling Birmingham team, but also talked about as a defensive midfeilder, so has a number of qualities needed in a midfeilder. Shortlised for Championship young player of the season. Rooney holds him in high regard as a player.

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

after being put on the naughty step for mentioning him in another post -  Jordan James is a player I like the look of.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/birmingham-city-players-who-could-attract-transfer-interest-this-summer/

Being a Welshman I have seen him as a regular starter in the Wales midfeild at 19 (has 10 caps now in past calader year). He also grabbed 8 goals as a midfeilder in a struggling Birmingham team, but also talked about as a defensive midfeilder, so has a number of qualities needed in a midfeilder. Shortlised for Championship young player of the season. Rooney holds him in high regard as a player.

I really like the look of him - looked like he was off to Atalanta in Jan and said then it looked a steal for them. I hope we’re in for him.

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Ryan Sessegnon is being released by Spurs - really rated him a couple of seasons ago but hasn’t played at all this season. Injuries? He’d be worth having a closer look at in my opinion.

Don't think he's played much since they signed him looking at this

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-sessegnon/verletzungen/spieler/392775

Edit: 38 games in 5 years because of injuries for them. No thanks.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

That’s a real shame as he looked a great prospect a few years ago.

Arteta had some nice words about us after the game saying he is glad we didn’t go down & thanked Dyche. Hopefully we can use that “friendship” to get a good loan off him. Smith-Rowe would be a quality addition & exactly what I would like to see in that #10 role.

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s been out on loan in that time. I think Conte had him playing regularly- sometimes these injuries just need managing - look at DCL under Dyche - he’s had much more consistent playing time than the previous 2 years.

42 minutes ago, c1982 said:

He’s been out on loan in that time. I think Conte had him playing regularly- sometimes these injuries just need managing - look at DCL under Dyche - he’s had much more consistent playing time than the previous 2 years.

Very true. It just looks like a bad list and with someone who was mostly about pace (from what little I remember) that's usually a big deal. 

Season

Injury

Days

Games missed

23/24 Hamstring injury 94 days Tottenham Hotspur14

23/24 Hamstring injury 30 days Tottenham Hotspur5

23/24 surgery 177 days Tottenham Hotspur21

22/23 Hamstring injury 139 days Tottenham HotspurEngland U2122

21/22 Hamstring injury 31 days Tottenham HotspurEngland U217

21/22 Muscle injury 17 days Tottenham Hotspur5

21/22 bruise 74 days Tottenham HotspurEngland U2118

21/22 Thigh problems 45 days Tottenham Hotspur1

20/21 Knock 42 days TSG 1899 Hoffenheim8

20/21 Quarantine 5 days England U211

19/20 Hamstring injury 134 days Fulham FCTottenham HotspurEngland U2133

Just looking at it again, assuming it's the same hamstring I don't think that's a case of bad management, I think he's just unlucky.

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Season

Injury

Days

Games missed

23/24 Hamstring injury 94 days Tottenham Hotspur14

23/24 Hamstring injury 30 days Tottenham Hotspur5

23/24 surgery 177 days Tottenham Hotspur21

22/23 Hamstring injury 139 days Tottenham HotspurEngland U2122

21/22 Hamstring injury 31 days Tottenham HotspurEngland U217

21/22 Muscle injury 17 days Tottenham Hotspur5

21/22 bruise 74 days Tottenham HotspurEngland U2118

21/22 Thigh problems 45 days Tottenham Hotspur1

20/21 Knock 42 days TSG 1899 Hoffenheim8

20/21 Quarantine 5 days England U211

19/20 Hamstring injury 134 days Fulham FCTottenham HotspurEngland U2133

Just looking at it again, assuming it's the same hamstring I don't think that's a case of bad management, I think he's just unlucky.

Thats a pretty big injury list - so wouldn't go near him becasue of that. One big shift in our transfer stratergy has been trying to bring in robust players who are in the treatment room less. The like of Tarks over Mina's.

shame, as agree he looked a decent player. 

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Thats a pretty big injury list - so wouldn't go near him becasue of that. One big shift in our transfer stratergy has been trying to bring in robust players who are in the treatment room less. The like of Tarks over Mina's.

shame, as agree he looked a decent player. 

It's not so much the length of the list, it's the length of the time out makes me think he was given lots of time to recover but his hammy is borked. 

On a free for a year with option to extend maybe? He was an exciting player before his leg stopped working.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It's not so much the length of the list, it's the length of the time out makes me think he was given lots of time to recover but his hammy is borked. 

On a free for a year with option to extend maybe? He was an exciting player before his leg stopped working.

Surely we stay away from players with this sort of history even 1 year can cost a few million 

Looks like Barkley will be off to Villa.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-plot-second-midfielder-deal-as-ross-barkley-talks-advance-sources/

Given they have got CL football next year - they will be quite a draw to a player like Barkley. However, see him very much as a bit part player there as opposed to near to first player on the team sheet at Luton. So I see him fading in to obscurity again just as he did at Chelsea (and when on loan at Villa!!!) 

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-plot-second-midfielder-deal-as-ross-barkley-talks-advance-sources/

Given they have got CL football next year - they will be quite a draw to a player like Barkley. However, see him very much as a bit part player there as opposed to near to first player on the team sheet at Luton. So I see him fading in to obscurity again just as he did at Chelsea (and when on loan at Villa!!!) 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Hopefully we have at least gone in for him & maybe this time his agent is acting in his best interest….

I have a feeling I'm going to be in minority here...

Any talented player in the Premier already will get eaten up by top half of table clubs.

We need to be in the market for well scouted lesser known.

Obviously they won't all succeed, but in wage terms I'd rather take a risk on 3 or 4 unknowns equal to the wage value of Andre Gomes or a Holgate (still can't believe he's paid that.much!).if we can't get a 25% success rate on a really good player on this basis our whole scouting function might as well be fired and wholesale replaced with Football Manager.

4 hours ago, Trigger said:

I have a feeling I'm foing to be in minority here...

Any talented player in the Premier already will get eaten up by top half of table clubs.

We need to be in the market for well scouted lesser known.

Obviously they won't all succeed, but in wage terms I'd rather take a risk on 3 or 4 unknowns equal to the wage value of Andre Gomes or a Holgate (still can't believe he's paid that.much!).if we can't get a 25% success rate on a really good player on this basis our whole scouting function might as well be fired and wholesale replaced with Football Manager.

I think your probably right, I don’t  want us to sell DCL or Branthwaite, but I’m fearful we will have to, Onana can go as long as we make decent profit to reinvest, he offers little on the pitch imo.