• Callum O’Hare
    • Ross Barkley
    • Ben Johnson
    • Che Adams
    • Lloyd Kelly
    • Simon Adingra
    • Ben Brereton Diaz

It’s been suggested so here it is

We’re not going to be able to splash much cash so it’s probably going to be players from the Championship of one’s going down.

To get the ball rolling 

Ndidi from Leicester

Szmodics from Blackburn

Harrison extend his loan

if someone could put a voting table in that would help to see our thoughts 

Principal target for me: Simon Adingra. I saw him play live in pre-season (in Atlanta) and was very impressed. I can't see him leaving Brighton, though.

It wasn't so long ago we were chasing Ben Brereton Diaz. Now that Sheffield United are relegated, is there any value in following that up?

We really need a midfield general and another workhorse in midfield since Gana will be out of contract and Onana will likely be sold. If Forest go down, maybe it's worth chasing Gibbs-White. Any chance that we could get a second bite at Kudus?

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Principal target for me: Simon Adingra. I saw him play live in pre-season (in Atlanta) and was very impressed. I can't see him leaving Brighton, though.

It wasn't so long ago we were chasing Ben Brereton Diaz. Now that Sheffield United are relegated, is there any value in following that up?

We really need a midfield general and another workhorse in midfield since Gana will be out of contract and Onana will likely be sold. If Forest go down, maybe it's worth chasing Gibbs-White. Any chance that we could get a second bite at Kudus?

Gibbs White would be a decent player to bring in, problem being though he will more than likely be out of our price range. 

It’s more than likely going to be even tighter than the past 2/3 summers and factor in we actually have to start paying for Beto this summer. Frees, loans and delayed fees even after big sales.

With Gomes, Alli and Gueye out of contract. Onana likely to be sold for a decent fee and I’m not ruling out Doucoure to Saudi - central midfield is the only place to start.

Josh Brownhill is a nailed on free transfer in my opinion - I don’t mind him - decent honest pro and takes a good set piece.

Other realistic (free) options are:

Callum O’Hare

Wilfried Ndidi

Ross Barkley

Ben Johnson

Che Adams

Lloyd Kelly

Not the most exciting list but think we’ll see a few of these players at EFC next season.

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

Gibbs White would be a decent player to bring in, problem being though he will more than likely be out of our price range. 

Oh he absolutely will be out of our price range. I can't see us spending more than 10m on any individual player

Ndidi and Barkley, on a free could be solid business for us. Is it true Barkley went over to the away fans after the game on Friday? Trying to play nice, maybe. 

If I’m going to throw an unrealistic possibility in; still keep reading that Spurs would be happy to let Richarlison go. Take Onana off our hands and send Richarlison back home please. 

20 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Ross Barkley is a must, we lack creativity in the midfield so much. he would help solve that.

Our transfer target standards have dropped as fast as they rose when Moshiri started throwing money about. 

I wouldn't have wanted him back but he's going to be the best of what's available and affordable. 

41 minutes ago, StevO said:

f I’m going to throw an unrealistic possibility in; still keep reading that Spurs would be happy to let Richarlison go. Take Onana off our hands and send Richarlison back home please. 

I’d love to see Richy back at Goodison, very unorthodox but does have the ability to change a game, and is much loved by most.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

If I’m going to throw an unrealistic possibility in; still keep reading that Spurs would be happy to let Richarlison go. Take Onana off our hands and send Richarlison back home please. 

👍

3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Slower than any player we currently have, not one for me.

I hear that. However, skip to 2:45 here to see the goal. I saw that and immediately thought "who else in our midfield can do that right now?"

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Fuck me, I hate this thread.

Just wait until we sell Dom and replace him with Che Adams on a free. I can genuinely see this happening by the way.

DCL would be pure profit for PSR/FFP whereas someone like Onana would still have outstanding payments on our side so wouldn’t actually help us that much. Sadly, the profit is in Branthwaite and Dom and with Dom’s contract nearing the final year, I think he’ll be gone first.

I think Brownhill replaces Onana and we’ll actually pay a bit for Greaves from Hull to replace Branthwaite.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

26 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Just wait until we sell Dom and replace him with Che Adams on a free. I can genuinely see this happening by the way.

DCL would be pure profit for PSR/FFP whereas someone like Onana would still have outstanding payments on our side so wouldn’t actually help us that much. Sadly, the profit is in Branthwaite and Dom and with Dom’s contract nearing the final year, I think he’ll be gone first.

I think Brownhill replaces Onana and we’ll actually pay a bit for Greaves from Hull to replace Branthwaite.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Marijuana is my friend.

Seeing as the relegation places are pretty much confirmed they would be the first teams to look at as who we could recruit.

Luton

Ross Barkley, obviously the best candidate & would add quality to our midfield.

Alfie Doughty - 8 assists this year from LB in a relegated team is a great effort. We need depth at LB & he is a good option pending price / loan availability.

Burnley

Wilson Odobert - 19 yr old winger who is actually decently quick. Looked promising when I’ve seen him play but he will need time to develop.

Sheffield United 

Ben Brereton Diaz - 6 goals / 1 assist in 13 games is a solid return. Would certainly have a relegation clause in his contract. Good option in that second striker role. 

Out of contract players - Gana, Gomes, Doucoure, Coleman, Young, Longeran, Harrison & Danjuma.

Keep - Gana, Coleman, 1 of Gomes or Doucoure (only if wages are reduced drastically & rotation player) & Harrison (loan only if no other wingers are available)

Provisional Squad

GK - Pickford, Virginia, ???

LB - Myko, Doughty

CB - Tarks, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Keane (sell Holgate 5m)

RB ???, Patto, Coleman

CM - Garner, Barkley, Ndidi, Gana (sell Onana)

CAM - Brereton, Gomes/Doucoure(?)

LW - McNeil, Dobbin

RW - Harrison(?), Odobert

ST - DCL, Chermiti, Beto

5 hours ago, Btay said:

Seeing as the relegation places are pretty much confirmed they would be the first teams to look at as who we could recruit.

Luton

Ross Barkley, obviously the best candidate & would add quality to our midfield.

Alfie Doughty - 8 assists this year from LB in a relegated team is a great effort. We need depth at LB & he is a good option pending price / loan availability.

Burnley

Wilson Odobert - 19 yr old winger who is actually decently quick. Looked promising when I’ve seen him play but he will need time to develop.

Sheffield United 

Ben Brereton Diaz - 6 goals / 1 assist in 13 games is a solid return. Would certainly have a relegation clause in his contract. Good option in that second striker role. 

Out of contract players - Gana, Gomes, Doucoure, Coleman, Young, Longeran, Harrison & Danjuma.

Keep - Gana, Coleman, 1 of Gomes or Doucoure (only if wages are reduced drastically & rotation player) & Harrison (loan only if no other wingers are available)

Provisional Squad

GK - Pickford, Virginia, ???

LB - Myko, Doughty

CB - Tarks, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Keane (sell Holgate 5m)

RB ???, Patto, Coleman

CM - Garner, Barkley, Ndidi, Gana (sell Onana)

CAM - Brereton, Gomes/Doucoure(?)

LW - McNeil, Dobbin

RW - Harrison(?), Odobert

ST - DCL, Chermiti, Beto

Brereton-Diaz certainly won't have a relegation release clause because he's a Villarreal player.