IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

Sigurdsson works hard for his team. And it definitely looks like there will be a lot of people bitterly disappointed come September when the team is not full of world class players.

In some respects they have a right to be though, our billionare chairman was the one who went on national radio stating that we had bid £60m for a world class defender last summer, maybe he should have just kept his mouth shut

If it was a class player I would be worried. He's not. He's a barkley replacement or rotation player. Also it's not even confirmed.

That's why I said if. Also it doesn't matter whether you pr I agree on if he is class or not, if the manager has identified him and wants him and the board are losing out to Leicester then what type of message does that send to him? Sorry Ronald, we know you wanted him but they wanted 30 and we were only prepared to pay £25. Where did he go to? Oh Leicester!!

That's why I said if. Also it doesn't matter whether you pr I agree on if he is class or not, if the manager has identified him and wants him and the board are losing out to Leicester then what type of message does that send to him? Sorry Ronald, we know you wanted him but they wanted 30 and we were only prepared to pay £25. Where did he go to? Oh Leicester!!

how do we know the manager has identified him? ron has said nothing, just "i've identified the targets with walsh, and given them to the chairman, my phone is on all summer". we don't know anything, journos could be making all this up. i refuse to be upset by unconfirmed articles.

Sigurdsson works hard for his team. And it definitely looks like there will be a lot of people bitterly disappointed come September when the team is not full of world class players.

I'm missing something then mate.

When I have watched he doesn't seem a workhorse at all.

But honestly, I have watched him maybe , three times.... so could be a mile off.

Why? You think his list is just 4 players, he's probably got 3 for every position knowing full well we can't bring in all of them. I'd be worried if it was the last day of the window but it hasn't even opened yet.

Mark, it's not the problem with having 3 or 4 players, its the way we deal with the transfers, we put in a stupidly low offer and inevitably lose out to mid table clubs. The window starts coming to an end and we have lost out on 2 or 3 of our targets, so we are now down to the 4th choice and this is when the last day panic sets in, buy anybody that nobody else wants.

I'm hoping it's going to be different this time round, or I will be very very disappointed.

Mark, it's not the problem with having 3 or 4 players, its the way we deal with the transfers, we put in a stupidly low offer and inevitably lose out to mid table clubs. The window starts coming to an end and we have lost out on 2 or 3 of our targets, so we are now down to the 4th choice and this is when the last day panic sets in, buy anybody that nobody else wants.

I'm hoping it's going to be different this time round, or I will be very very disappointed.

i agree with you but last year we just finished 11th and had no europe. this year we have europe and finished 7 close to 6th. we have more leverage. not CL leverage, but more than last year. i still expect us to miss out on targets but get maybe or 2nd and 3rd instead of 4th choices. only CL teams are getting their 1st choice targets (and sometimes not even that when Real/Juve/Bayern come calling). Just the nature of the transfer food chain.

Are we even interested in him? Do we have anything other than Koeman saying he's an "interesting player" to go off?

Calm your tits ?

Exactly!

We'll be linked with probably 100 players this summer - we're not signing them all!!!

We will sign players who will improve us - who? None of us know for certain but we've all got our opinions about who we'd like so build our hopes up about these players - it's only natural to do so.

Are we even interested in him? Do we have anything other than Koeman saying he's an "interesting player" to go off?

Calm your tits ?

I'm perfectly calm and said numerous times IF, I even went to the trouble of pointing out I said IF.

My original point was IF Koeman has said he wants him for defo and IF he is going to Leicester it would worry me massively that we are losing out like that.

how do we know the manager has identified him? ron has said nothing, just "i've identified the targets with walsh, and given them to the chairman, my phone is on all summer". we don't know anything, journos could be making all this up. i refuse to be upset by unconfirmed articles.

See above posts. I'm not going to say if again today.

I'm perfectly calm and said numerous times IF, I even went to the trouble of pointing out I said IF.

My original point was IF Koeman has said he wants him for defo and IF he is going to Leicester it would worry me massively that we are losing out like that.

Wouldn't me mate it'll only be for financial reasons if he does and if that's the case I wouldn't want whoever it may be anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Swansea want £40m apparently! :rofl:

Jesus Christ.

I guess they'd have half an argument though seeing as we just payed £30m for a goalkeeper who has played 30 games at this level.

Id love to see him, Keane and 1 more striker come in if Rom does leave. That'd be a class summer.

I think he would've been a good playmaker for us in, say, Martinez's team, but at £40M and considering Koeman wants his CMs to press, I'm glad we've got Klaassen instead. I'd rather we look for a playmaker with a bit more pace who can also play wide, like Lanzini for instance.

I think he would've been a good playmaker for us in, say, Martinez's team, but at £40M and considering Koeman wants his CMs to press, I'm glad we've got Klaassen instead. I'd rather we look for a playmaker with a bit more pace who can also play wide, like Lanzini for instance.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't sigurdsson make the most crosses this season just gone? I see what you mean about his pace but look at the best central attacking midfielders in the world, not many are quick.

Edit: he had the most at 304, KDB had 275 at second.

Edited by AidanLewis

I rate him highly and I know it's monopoly money these days but I wouldn't want us to spend £40m

Obviously not overly arsed as it's not my money but for £25/30m and I'd be very happy we went for him

You don't rake up the stats he does and has being a YouTube or MOTD player the lads proven consistently he's a very good player

Bernard Silva (top top player) has just cost City £40m, GS really isn't that great. Still think he's a MOTD player.

Yeah no fucking way should he cost the same as Bernado Silva, who's potentially a Top 5 player in the world at some stage of his career.

If that's the asking price fuck him off and sign the next Bernado Silva at the same stage Monaco signed him.