IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Barkley doesn't need to go anywhere. You could have played Ossie, Arteta or Cahill and they would have all struggled because we were that bad in bringing him into the game.

Romey put it better than I could. He's always reacting and never anticipating, he's a yard off the pace and slows down the fluidity of the team.

Barkley shines when he plays on pure instinct, probably the best footballer in the world when he let's loose. But, we only ever get to see flashes of it.

Arsenal are done with him, it's a shop window for them, he will be sold this summer im sure of it. Wilshere just isn't that good and the loan proves it. I'd rather Ross stay here and be given another year or 2 till we give up.

Didn't he sign a new contract since being on loan?

How will a loan deal benefit us? or him? As though we're a top side with world class players. One of the most ridiculous shouts ever.

well, wages would be covered for a start. Then there's the little fact of him having time away from the pressures of being a boyhood fan playing for his team, away from mouthy supporters and away from the transition going on around the team. He either impresses and gets his value, more importantly confidence, back up or he comes back and is the same. Where is the negative in any of that?

He should be bringing himself into the game. That's what he's there to do.

So should Rom, so should Lennon so should Valencia.

Don't get me wrong Barkley has to do better, like he did in the Arsenal game, but the dross we were served in terms of quality of football over the last dozen games just doesn't suit him at all.

Like I say he has to do better but the only player to have stood out under Koeman are defensive players and that says it all. Not every single one of our attackers can be that shit, but they are generally playing like it.

Don't get me wrong Barkley has to do better, like he did in the Arsenal game, but the dross we were served in terms of quality of football over the last dozen games just doesn't suit him at all.

Like I say he has to do better but the only player to have stood out under Koeman are defensive players and that says it all. Not every single one of our attackers can be that shit, but they are generally playing like it.

Spot on

Barkley is supposed to be the one creating, bringing other people into the game. It's not anyone else's job to bring him into the game ffs!

If someone else needs to bring him into the game then that's a huge problem and says a lot about Barkley, not anyone or anything else.

If he can't do it then we need to bring in someone that can.

Romey put it better than I could. He's always reacting and never anticipating, he's a yard off the pace and slows down the fluidity of the team.

Barkley shines when he plays on pure instinct, probably the best footballer in the world when he let's loose. But, we only ever get to see flashes of it.

Really? Even when Barkley is at his best i still think he's quite far down the line regarding best in the world!

How will a loan deal benefit us? or him? As though we're a top side with world class players. One of the most ridiculous shouts ever.

Not really. Plenty of positive reasons why a loan would help. At present he runs the risk of being sold on permanantly, which most Everton fans including myself wouldnt want to see. A loan elsewhere could revive his career and bring him back a better player. TBH this is what probably should have happened a few years ago imo. I think he is trying to hard at times an its back firing, then he gets booed and it eaffects his game, he's in a tough place and personally i think it would help him.

Just my opinion.

It isn't just Barkleys job to create.

We should have a team working together to create and score goals.

If Messi played with four brick walls I am sure he would struggle to create too.

Our answer is to get players to play together, to create partnerships all over the pitch, to be able to instinctively know what your teammates will do next.

It's a good shout for Ross to move on to be fair, we haven't got the players around him who are good enough.

[quote name="Bailey" post="551811" timestamp="1482451021")

Like I say he has to do better but the only player to have stood out under Koeman are defensive players and that says it all.

Really !! Coleman has played reasonably, Baines played the odd game half decent but after that they've all played shite, Holgate deserves a start cos non of our centre halfs have played half decent.

Worst season for a long time for not keeping clean sheets.

It isn't just Barkleys job to create.

We should have a team working together to create and score goals.

If Messi played with four brick walls I am sure he would struggle to create too.

Our answer is to get players to play together, to create partnerships all over the pitch, to be able to instinctively know what your teammates will do next.

It's a good shout for Ross to move on to be fair, we haven't got the players around him who are good enough.

I know it's not, but to say others need to bring him into the game is just mad! It's not like he doesn't have the ability to do it, he's got it in bucketloads but he just doesn't look like he's got the mentality for it. So he either sorts it out or we see him as a lost cause. The position he plays for us is an important one and if he isn't doing the business, blue or not, then we can't afford to keep giving him a go.

Not really. Plenty of positive reasons why a loan would help. At present he runs the risk of being sold on permanantly, which most Everton fans including myself wouldnt want to see. A loan elsewhere could revive his career and bring him back a better player. TBH this is what probably should have happened a few years ago imo. I think he is trying to hard at times an its back firing, then he gets booed and it eaffects his game, he's in a tough place and personally i think it would help him.

Just my opinion.

What we'd learn is whether he's either not up to snuff or Koeman is unable to get the best out of his players.

What we'd learn is whether he's either not up to snuff or Koeman is unable to get the best out of his players.

I think its more to do with if they suit each other rather than if Koeman can get the best out of his players. Maybe Koemans style of football just doesnt suit him. Some players will flourish under his style and some wont. But did he excell under Martinez? a manager that allowed him the ultimate freedom, i wouldnt say he did.

My opinion on Loaning is just an alternative to selling him. Could it reignite his career? I think it could.

Really !! Coleman has played reasonably, Baines played the odd game half decent but after that they've all played shite, Holgate deserves a start cos non of our centre halfs have played half decent.

No chance not worze than the last 2 seasons already.

Just my opinion.

I think it's a load of rubbish myself.

Barkley is supposed to be the one creating, bringing other people into the game. It's not anyone else's job to bring him into the game ffs!

If someone else needs to bring him into the game then that's a huge problem and says a lot about Barkley, not anyone or anything else.

If he can't do it then we need to bring in someone that can.

He is supposed to be creative when we are pumping long balls up to him and Rom hoping to get on the end of flick ons and scraps.

We know he isn't a David Silva type player that will bring other players into the game with trickery and flicks etc and I dont get why some people seem to think that is his game. He is a power player, more like a Yaya Toure, breaking box to box, taking people on and banging them in from the edge of the box or getting on the end of a pull back.

I was thinking more Gana or McCarthy and then Coleman as our best 3 who are all defensive players.

I really don't know how anyone thinks he played well against the shite

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-oh-ronald-you-confused-kid-barkley

Mediawatch’s brain is a little scrambled by that sentence, and also by the notion that a professional footballer could struggle so much with instructions that he ends up with a 56.7% pass completion rate and seven losses of possession through miscontrol or opposition pressing.

If he has indeed been given a ‘raft of defensive duties out of possession’, Mediawatch was struggling to see the evidence in a game that featured no tackles, no interceptions and one really, really, really horrible foul.