IGNORED

Ross Barkley

It's nice to hear how well you lads play but that doesn't interest me, I'm only interested in how Barkley isn't giving his all to the team.

Koeman has already sussed him out dropping him several times, I'm very disappointed that he hasnt responded with any improved performances.

I've said before that if he doesn't pull his finger out he will end up as a bench warmer, or he will be moved on that's all.

Amen.

Jags had to throw him a hanky to wipe his eyes cos he thought the fans were booing him. The military reference was simply to say I think he's a bit of a pussy, he should just man up and get stuck in.

We've had quite a few players here who didn't have half the skill he's got, but they showed pride in the shirt, run around a lot, and threw in a few tackles for good measure.

If he thinks people are booing him they are doing it for a reason, and he's the only one who can shut them up.

It's nice to hear how well you lads play but that doesn't interest me, I'm only interested in how Barkley isn't giving his all to the team.

Koeman has already sussed him out dropping him several times, I'm very disappointed that he hasnt responded with any improved performances.

I've said before that if he doesn't pull his finger out he will end up as a bench warmer, or he will be moved on that's all.

Amen.

Compare and contrast the stuff in bold.

Very few atheists on the battlefield eh.

Amen.

He does give his all for the team, to say otherwise is just plain wrong and I would suggest biased.

He is inconsistent and as I and others have said will get better when he has better players around him.

Koeman will get the best out of him, he just needs time and our support, he is very much a confidence player.

I think his future depends on who we sign in Jan and the Summer.

If Schneiderlin signs then the midfield i imagine will be him and Gueye, with Barkley just in front. If we sign a new no10 then im not sure where that leaves Barkley.

Say for complete arguments sake we signed Sigurdsson for example then our best midfield would arguably be...

Schneiderlin

Gueye

Sigurdsson

I think a no10 will be on Koemans list of targets.

Surely sigurrdson has a relegation clause in his contract, if we offer say 5-7 mil above that they would have to consider it. Midfield 3 of schniederlin sigurrdson gana would be unreal. Barkley to keep coming off bench for last 20-30 and cup games until he gets some confidence back.

Surely sigurrdson has a relegation clause in his contract, if we offer say 5-7 mil above that they would have to consider it. Midfield 3 of schniederlin sigurrdson gana would be unreal. Barkley to keep coming off bench for last 20-30 and cup games until he gets some confidence back.

I agree have always liked gylfi class player very underrated.

To get him at that price would be a steal. I'd spend up to 15 mil for him.

I thought after the first 20 minutes he was involved in everything positive we did. Switching the play, getting the ball to the person in space not just the person next to hi. Always on the half turn too which is what we need. He got his shots off as well which isn't the norm and he got himself a goal.

He played wide right for about 10 mins and he contributed far more than Valencia did for the rest of the game just in those 10 minutes.

I thought after the first 20 minutes he was involved in everything positive we did. Switching the play, getting the ball to the person in space not just the person next to hi. Always on the half turn too which is what we need. He got his shots off as well which isn't the norm and he got himself a goal.

He played wide right for about 10 mins and he contributed far more than Valencia did for the rest of the game just in those 10 minutes.

His play on the half turn is top notch. This is the stuff people dont see. So good at it.

Looked a much better player under Martinez. Mainly because we played a bit of football rather than hoofball. There's a top player in there just need the right management!

Barkley has been underperforming for 12 months now, under Martinez and Koeman. He looked incredible at the beginning of 15-16 season but like the rest of the team went missing from the 2-3 game vs Leicester at Goodison last December onwards.