IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Yep, first half he was up and down and hit and miss. But second half he was superb. He never stopped running and got stuck in for once.

I think he's always going to be like that, no number 10 plays the perfect ball every time and I'm still not convinced he is number 10. He worked hard, got stuck into them.

He would be some futsal player though, the he shifts the ball quickly with both feet is amazing, challenge for him now is the deliver in the next match.

Was the most tackles I have saw him make in one match.

Four times he slid into a tackle....though he may have fell haha.

Good performance though, still a few loose balls.

Great feet around silva on the left and then passed it straight back.

But he was good at what we need, and that's creating chances.

Was the most tackles I have saw him make in one match.

Four times he slid into a tackle....though he may have fell haha.

Good performance though, still a few loose balls.

Great feet around silva on the left and then passed it straight back.

But he was good at what we need, and that's creating chances.

Yep I think with this assists his confidence was so high he figured what the F imma throw some tackles around here. They worked and helped us so he kept at it. Could be the start of him being more comfortable doing so since the leg break.

Having a younger lad (Davies) might release some of the pressure(s) from him and help to encourage more mature performances from his game. He's now their role model.

Knowing there's younger lads in there will hopefully give him some 'responsibility', being one of the seasoned professionals in the team, instead of being 'the kid who's got the potential to be magic but doesn't win games single-handedly enough'.

The drop in pressure and the awareness of others may really benefit him.

We shall see.

Edited by Lowensda

Consider:

-Barkley being the only young legs in the midfield, not only does he have to make his own space, but then has to use it.

-Barkley being in a pack of capable legs in midfield suddenly he's not the only player the oppo have to mark and close down early.

Having willing runners around him has bought him that extra second to receive a pass and then more options to ping it off too if he doesnt fancy carrying it forward himself. Losing Bolasie has meant a change in style to our play, we were looking to get the ball to him quickly when he played, we appear a little more considered with possession since and has forced Koeman's hand, fill the midfield with pressing players marshalled by Barry and grind the oppo into dust. It's as though we are making games as much a test of stamina as well as composure (with and without the ball).

Barry, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Barkley, Davies, for that area of midfield that will win or lose us games (by holding or being over run in the centre circle.)

I'm sure someone makes these stats up!

Nah... it's just many fans can't see his quality or just prefer to spend all game slating him "shit you ross lad!"

I've said time after time that he needs players running on from him to give him options.... that's happening with Davies being box to box.

Edited by Hafnia

Or Barkley, not being intelligent enough. When he's got time to think he dwells on the ball too long, even though he might still make the pass (or beat his man), the quality of the opportunity drops as the defence get time to get back in position.

In the moment he's the best player in the pitch. Off the ball he's the worst.

He's missed two years of football, and had a manager that would never highlight his flaws for 3 years. It shows, and hopefully Koeman can get the basics in him and we'll see a much better player.

It's pretty simple. If he plays bad, then by all means criticise him. It's same for any player, they're in the spotlight, if they underperform they have to take the stick. No one can criticise the way Ross has played the past few weeks, he has been a big factor in us winning four out of five. Anyone who knocks him on current form shouldn't be watching football.

Sent from my Fusion5 using Tapatalk

It's pretty simple. If he plays bad, then by all means criticise him. It's same for any player, they're in the spotlight, if they underperform they have to take the stick. No one can criticise the way Ross has played the past few weeks, he has been a big factor in us winning four out of five. Anyone who knocks him on current form shouldn't be watching football.

Only goal of the game comes from Davies finding Coleman running in to the box at the death. If the game hadn't been won, we'd all be looking at Ross as he squandered the best chances. He was good today held the ball well, but when the players are watching the videos he'll be getting the most feedback. Football has very little margins and Barkley should be making them. He needs the belief like Lampard and Gerard *spit* to take games by the scruff and will the ball into the net.

Only goal of the game comes from Davies finding Coleman running in to the box at the death. If the game hadn't been won, we'd all be looking at Ross as he squandered the best chances. He was good today held the ball well, but when the players are watching the videos he'll be getting the most feedback. Football has very little margins and Barkley should be making them. He needs the belief like Lampard and Gerard *spit* to take games by the scruff and will the ball into the net.

What if he just isn't as good as those two? I agree, he isn't great in front of goal, he could improve for sure. But for fuck sake, why do we have to keep finding sticks to beat him with? Two months ago, fine, he was hang out of form, I was criticising him as much as anyone because he was poor. But him and Davies are making us tick now, how about praise him for what he does right? Yes Davies made the goal today, Ross made two last week if I'm not mistaken. Share the love!

An average "attacking midfielder", who when playing well does almost everything you'd expect a premier league attacking mid to do. Plenty of better AMCs, plenty worse. As soon as people stop rating his potential so highly the better. Not going to be the world beater many think he is.

Look at him as an average member of the squad, not a scapegoat or a savior.

Edited by AidanLewis

Celebrate him coming back to form. Celebrate him demonstrating he can be the player we all hope he can be.

Stop fucking berating him for not being Lional Fucking Messi.

Edited by London Blue

An average "attacking midfielder", who when playing well does almost everything you'd expect a premier league attacking mid to do. Plenty of better AMCs, plenty worse. As soon as people stop rating his potential so highly the better. Not going to be the world beater many think he is.

Look at him as an average member of the squad, not a scapegoat or a savior.

What he has demonstrated in the last couple of games is that he is not average, that's why its so frustrating when he slips back too being average.

I agree tho that we should take the expectation off him a bit. I also agree with others when they say that having younger legs around him and more options infront of him have helped him play to his potential. Exciting times ahead!

Put legs in midfield and buy him a bit of time and space. Letting the oppo put two on him and shutting his options down meant he got caught a lot. Let him off the leash and we've a seriously dangerous player turning out for us. With so many midfielders now able to complement the work ethic and subs able to freshen the legs areas up this lad will go from strength to strength. Bestbit of that last part is that the better Barkley plays the better Lukaku plays.

He's on safari. The lions, the tigers, the bears... oh, my!

So do i, for the last twelve months he has been half the player we know he can be, I'm probably his biggest critic, but if he can continue with his present form I would be delighted.

I think Davies has shook him up a bit, cos if his form does drop Davies will get selected before him. In the couple of games he's played Davies has scored a goal and got assists for two more.