IGNORED

Ross Barkley

What would he learn from another manager that he can't learn better under Koeman?

Doesn't work like that.

The manager needs at least a season to get used of the players.

But the players have to get used to the manager immediately.

Manager is bigger than the club these days.

Don't think anyone thinks Barklley is lazy mate. More his decision making and football brain.

You not been reading the two threads mate.

There's a really interesting argument going on about why Lukaku gets slated for it while Barkley gets away because he is a blue......really interesting....honest!

But I agree with you, I don't think he is lazy.

I think it's a confidence thing with him.

But I agree with you, I don't think he is lazy.

I think it's a confidence thing with him.

I agree totally with that last comment if you feel like every decision you make is scrutinised your gonna start over thinking shit, Barkley is best when he does what comes natural to him. The fact the whole country is now watching his every pass is clearly getting to him and only with experience will he be able to deal with that.

Doesn't work like that.

The manager needs at least a season to get used of the players.

But the players have to get used to the manager immediately.

Manager is bigger than the club these days.

Quite honestly, any manager that takes a year to fully understand and best utilize his players doesn't deserve a job. It should take a month at most. Changing strategy takes time, admittedly, but we really should be getting more out of our players - Barkley especially.

Quite honestly, any manager that takes a year to fully understand and best utilize his players doesn't deserve a job. It should take a month at most. Changing strategy takes time, admittedly, but we really should be getting more out of our players - Barkley especially.

With you completely.

I don't see how Ross has become an overnight flop to some.

He's not a flop but he's also nowhere near as good assome make out.

Nobodys saying the manager needs a year to work out things, he needs a couple of years to bring in his own players that suit his specific style of play. I'm sure he knows what the players are capable of but he'll play the way he likes his teams to play regardless so the players he plans on keeping are used to playing that way as he adds in players that are good at that style.

The lad is given a ridiculously bad time.

I don't like lukaku.... that's a fact but I would see my arse if fans treated him the same way as barkley.

There is something inherently wrong with the way barkley gets treated.

I think it a comes down to what he looks like and where he comes from. The fans see a 6ft 3 scouser with legs and chest like a gorilla play like a ballerina.... they want him to be this snappy cross between gerrard, Keane, viera and Zidane. When they see this big kid be a bit lightweight it brings thd bully out of them.... they sniff the weakness like some urchin serving a life term in Walton.

Out of all of those players the closest he is to - is Zidane. The first 3 would give their left bollock for Barkley's ability.

The lad is given a ridiculously bad time.

I don't like lukaku.... that's a fact but I would see my arse if fans treated him the same way as barkley.

There is something inherently wrong with the way barkley gets treated.

I think it a comes down to what he looks like and where he comes from. The fans see a 6ft 3 scouser with legs and chest like a gorilla play like a ballerina.... they want him to be this snappy cross between gerrard, Keane, viera and Zidane. When they see this big kid be a bit lightweight it brings thd bully out of them.... they sniff the weakness like some urchin serving a life term in Walton.

Out of all of those players the closest he is to - is Zidane. The first 3 would give their left bollock for Barkley's ability.

He aint 6'3'', hes barely touching 6 foot, I know as i've met him and stood along side him. Trust me on this one. (Does have very thick legs though!)

Barkley hasn't been helped by Osman and Hibbert retiring, the boo crew cant focus all their ire on Cleverly when he isn't playing.....

Also the standards he set when he broke through were very high, this has meant heightened expectation and that opposition sides know to mark him that bit closer.

With a monster to run at and pick up the second ball from both Barkley and Lukaku will be in their element....Both of them.

He aint 6'3'', hes barely touching 6 foot, I know as i've met him and stood along side him. Trust me on this one. (Does have very thick legs though!)

Barkley hasn't been helped by Osman and Hibbert retiring, the boo crew cant focus all their ire on Cleverly when he isn't playing.....

Also the standards he set when he broke through were very high, this has meant heightened expectation and that opposition sides know to mark him that bit closer.

With a monster to run at and pick up the second ball from both Barkley and Lukaku will be in their element....Both of them.

You must be taller than you think then. Barkley is a unit. Funnily enough I Stood next to fly catcher jordan henderson and he's frigging enormous.

Just been watching g the man united game - the quality that Ibrahimovic gives them is insane. The knowledge that he came look after the ball and bring the attacking midfielders in gives them another element.

Edited by Hafnia

I once stood next to Duncan Ferguson............but that's got as much to do with Ross, as say standing next to 'man mountain Henderson'. :dont know:

Back to reality, the better the players around Ross the better he will play.After a few months in say, the Chelsea team, he'd be at the top of his game.

Christ, he plays for 15 minutes and all is well again. Some people are so easily pleased.

Hardly, just commenting on him doing well when he came on yesterday!

With you completely.

I don't see how Ross has become an overnight flop to some.

Tbf, it's not an overnight thing is it? It's been a couple of years of frustration with him. Hopefully once Koeman gets us playing how he wants we'll get the best out of Ross on a consistent basis, and not not the odd game here and there.

He is frustrating Romey, a lot like Rom.

The frustration is more that we know what he can do rather than he is playing bad.

Last year he had one of his best seasons didn't he?

But people still criticise him because they expect even more. This year he is suffering due to his confidence being shot because in the fans eyes he can't do much right.

This happens with Rom as people will always home into negatives more than the positives.

Barkley hasn't been very good this season, but has anyone bar Gana?

Edited by Shukes

He is frustrating Romey, a lot like Rom.

The frustration is more that we know what he can do and it that he is playing bad.

Last year he had one of his best seasons didn't he?

But people still criticise him because they expect even more. This year he is suffering due to his confidence being shot because in the fans eyes he can't do much right.

This happens with Rom as people will always home into negatives more than the positives.

Barkley hasn't been very good this season, but has anyone bar Gana?

For me this is exactly it (the bit in bold).

He did have one of his best season's but he did that mostly at the beginning of the season and then was absolute crap for the majority of the rest of the season. That's where he needs to be consistent.

For fifteen minutes Mark. Even I could play well for fifteen minutes.lol

And that's all he's being praised for, nothing more, nothing less. I don't see what the problem is really.

If he's going to deserve to be criticised for when he's bad then he deserves to be praised when he's good doesn't he?

If we want to see the best of Ross Barkley he needs to be supported at Goodison. On the road he gets very minimal criticism, and we all know how sensitive he is to criticism. Especially when it comes from the fans, that's what hurts him more than anything. He isn't going to toughen up in that sense, that's just how he is. He needs to feel loved, he just doesn't get that from the Goodison crowd anymore. The expectations of our crowd is just ridiculous. He can't score a worlds every week, he will make mistakes, but he is affected by them more than anyone.

If any of the boo boys at Goodison saw another Evertonian getting grief in a pub or being picked on or getting beaten up I'm sure they would help out. But they see one of our own on the pitch having a hard time and they make it worse. I don't understand it.

He's not perfect, he does need more coaching, his workrate does need to step up, and he can improve his game. He needs our help to do it though, I can't think of any other player in my lifetime that's needed the support of the crowd as much as the support of the manager, but Ross does.