IGNORED

Ross Barkley

To get the best deal, you don't just sign whatever's put in front of you - and the club doesn't offer all they're willing to pay. As a player, you delay and cause anxiety, you send the (true or false) signal that you might leave, and generally make the club nervous. As a club, you signal you may not be interested, that you're strapped for cash, that there are other options, etc. And the dance goes on and on. If the player is improving, he delays and delays to up his fee. If he's not improving, he pushes to sign right away to cash in at a good time. Barkley's stock is improving right now, so he has absolutely no incentive to sign a deal today. More top clubs will express interest, the press will whip up a frenzy of speculation, and Barkley will collect more aces in his hand. Then, at the right time, he'll demand another $10K a week and get it. La voila: the joys of negotiation. :)

Edited since I kant spill.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Bill how do you mean all this shit about him being one of ours is rubbish? Do you mean you question if he's an Evertonian? Or don't give a flying if he is?

I'm aware your not his biggest fan everyone has their own opinions. I'd offer him a new contract in a shot as I believe he will, in a few years be our main man.

I also think you should look to get as much local talent into your team as possible, I can't get my head around how many foreign players we have in our leagues.

I don't disagree with him being a local lad and an Evertonian, its good for him and the fans, but if City or Utd come along and offer to double his wages all that local lad, and one of us jargon will mean F++k all and he'll be off.

As I said it's a way of angling for a rise, and I don't blame him ROM got offered an extra £20 thou a week to stay another season.

Think people are slightly blinded by the last couple of games, he's played well lately but up to Christmas he was shite and Koeman benched him on a couple of occasions. Until he plays a full season at the top of his game I won't be wa++ing over him.

Edited by Bill

No idea to be honest,i know the papers print some crap but I read that he was holding fire on contract talks.

Like Haf said they hang the latch a bit to see if anything else turns up from other clubs, or maybe a bigger pay rise.

Edited by Bill

I don't disagree with him being a local lad and an Evertonian, its good for him and the fans, but if City or Utd come along and offer to double his wages all that local lad, and one of us jargon will mean F++k all and he'll be off.

As I said it's a way of angling for a rise, and I don't blame him ROM got offered an extra £20 thou a week to stay another season.

Think people are slightly blinded by the last couple of games, he's played well lately but up to Christmas he was shite and Koeman benched him on a couple of occasions. Until he plays a full season at the top of his game I won't be wa++ing over him.

For the first 5 or so games he played well, creating 3 or 4 goals and scoring a couple, his poor form started around November. Since the team has settled and he has found his role and understood what Koeman wants he has been back to near his best.

Me believing something in a paper is no different than you not believing it.

Unless you know something definate, you cant dismiss it Steve.

I'll just point out that being critical of the papers isn't the same as "not believing" them. It's not an either/or thing. The truth is an either/or thing, but we know the papers print a lot of bullshit. So, being aware of what they say, yet remaining detached and critical is probably a healthy way of going about this.

The irony with ross is he gets pelted when he hasn't played that bad ... then sunshine blown up his arse when he hasn't played that good.

For me he is far far far more rounded a player now than he has ever been. There is literally a performance brewing up from him that will have his name in lights.

It's a mixture of a few things.... lost some weight. Has got players running and moving for him - Davies and lookman especially adding in that young zest. Confidence which has also come from less shit aimed at him from the neanderthals.... and some real direction as to what is expected from him.

Topped with a ridiculous level of natural talent and athleticism we have a potential world class player on our hands.

Edited by Hafnia

The irony with ross is he gets pelted when he hasn't played that bad ... then sunshine blown up his arse when he hasn't played that good.

For me he is far far far more rounded a player now than he has ever been. There is literally a performance brewing up from him that will have his name in lights.

It's a mixture of a few things.... lost some weight. Has got players running and moving for him - Davies and lookman especially adding in that young zest. Confidence which has also come from less shit aimed at him from the neanderthals.... and some real direction as to what is expected from him.

Topped with a ridiculous level of natural talent and athleticism we have a potential world class player on our hands.

This