IGNORED

Ross Barkley

If I was Ross I would announce my retirement from International Football. They've done nothing but waste his time. Seven games in a row he has been left twiddling his thumbs as punishment for refusing to tow the line and join a "glamour" club.

The best thing he could do was to "retire" from International Football and spend the time training, recuperating and in the summer have a bloody good holiday and forget all about football.

Let's face it, England are doomed to yet another tournament where we crash out in embarrassing circumstances. There's no point Ross being put through that ordeal and God forbid he actually play in the game that gets England knocked out. He would be the whipping boy for all eternity.

Fuck that for a game of golf. Let them stew in their own filth.

i've said the same thing elsewhere and the brits on here have gotten mad at me. england is more toxic than it is beneficial, too bad he already is capped otherwise i'd have him play for whatever other country will take him.

What i find amusing is, the one period of time he got a decent run in the team (Qualifiers for Euros) i'm sure he scored 2, assisted 3 in 3/4 games and was MOTM in 2? He was one of, if not, their best performer at the time. He was them publicly critisised by Hodgson and then dropped?

He's now one of the most consistent performers in the league (and Europe statistically) yet can't get a sniff in a bang average England team. There's something more to it than just "because he plays for Everton" (I don't beleive that btw, otherwise Coke'd Livermore or Keane wouldn't be getting a game).

There's something more but we'll never find out.

If day the playing for Everton argument has legs. Look at Baines being snubbed in the past for Warnock. Barmby joined the shite and was called up straight away. Dave Watson was twice the player than Keown and barely got a cap. Stones went from sub to starter without playing a game for City.

If day the playing for Everton argument has legs. Look at Baines being snubbed in the past for Warnock. Barmby joined the shite and was called up straight away. Dave Watson was twice the player than Keown and barely got a cap. Stones went from sub to starter without playing a game for City.

Take it as far back as the 1986 World Cup when we were champions! Even Bobby Robson insisted on playing Bryan Robson/Ray Wilkins ahead of Reid/Steven because they were media/FA darlings. We were on our way out in the group stage before injury/suspension forced the blindingly obvious (to Evertonians at least) changes on him, team was transformed; if it hadn't been for that cheating junkie dwarf we'd very possibly have found ourselves in a semi final v Belgium!

Take it as far back as the 1986 World Cup when we were champions! Even Bobby Robson insisted on playing Bryan Robson/Ray Wilkins ahead of Reid/Steven because they were media/FA darlings. We were on our way out in the group stage before injury/suspension forced the blindingly obvious (to Evertonians at least) changes on him, team was transformed; if it hadn't been for that cheating junkie dwarf we'd very possibly have found ourselves in a semi final v Belgium!

Before my time that one. Surprised it was happening before the Prem, I've always assumed it was the Sky media and that they're must be a hell of a lot of kopites running the FA.

Blue tinted off - yes he deserves to be in the team ahead of Livermore but if we're looking at him as an attacking midfielder. He's just not as good as Dele Alli right now. Forget stats etc. Dele Alli is the more prosperous player. Barkley has blown hot and cold for too long. He's laid his own bed and I'm a massive fan of his!

Edited by MC11

Blue tinted off - yes he deserves to be in the team ahead of Livermore but if we're looking at him as an attacking midfielder. He's just not as good as Dele Alli right now. Forget stats etc. Dele Alli is the more prosperous player. Barkley has blown hot and cold for too long. He's laid his own bed and I'm a massive fan of his!

Can understand Alli but Oxlade-Chamberlain? I'd have him ahead of Sterling as well.

Can understand Alli but Oxlade-Chamberlain?

I didn't watch the Lithuania game ( I don't follow England unless in tournaments, for good reason) so not sure where Chamberlain played. Ross's fight is against Alli, it's glaringly obvious. I'm sure if Alli was injured we'd have seen at least a little of Barkley. That's his fight!

As above in my opinion and he's not been the better player.

But that harks back, as someone pointed out earlier, the Lampard/Gerrard situation where people said they couldn't play in the same team. If you've got two outstanding midfielders and you're a half decent coach then you create a system that accommodates both.

But I agree that in Southgates mind his fight is with Alli, I just don't think it should be.

But that harks back, as someone pointed out earlier, the Lampard/Gerrard situation where people said they couldn't play in the same team. If you've got two outstanding midfielders and you're a half decent coach then you create a system that accommodates both.

But I agree that in Southgates mind his fight is with Alli, I just don't think it should be.

yeah very simple play the Barca 433 with one sitter and 2 creative mids pushed further up. 3 forwards, Defoe middle, lallana and sterling on the sides.

There is no way Alli and Barkley can play in the same team for me. Maintaining that's Barkleys fight and he's losing it massively. I've always thought Ross would be best suited in a deeper role but no managers seems to want to play him there. I also thought England in the first 45mins against Germany were brilliant.

Barkleys best games have been on the right of the front three recently for me. Could easily play there for England. We don't have anyone in form out there for me.

I think Sterling has developed into a very good player this season. To be honest, I find it hard to criticise going with Lallana, Alli and Sterling behind the striker. My criticism comes when Lingard and Redmond are given game time ahead of him, although I do feel this was just Southgate giving a couple of his trusted u21 players a run out.

Lallana has been England's best player for a while and Sterling should always start. I agree about Chamberlain though he's done nothing to warrant a starting place. The thing is Barkleys not fighting for a position out wide he's fighting for a central one and right now he's not the best English player in that position.

Fair enough if Southgate doesn't think Barkley is better than those floating front 10s, but for him not to come on as even a sub is just bizarre.

Also, I may be wrong here because England bore me to not pay full attention, but didn't Chambermaid play centrally? If so, there is no fucking way he should start ahead of Ross if both player's form is taken into account. Chambermaid went to prove this by doing absolutely nothing.

Think we may of jumped the gun a bit, Germany was a friendly, Southgate wanted to try other players who haven't really played for the first team before (Barkley has don't forget) and against Lithuania, the scoreline should have been higher, this could be why Barkley wasn't given a run out. Yes he should have started over the Ox but again, we are expected to beat Lithuania easily, so trying out different things is something I'm sure Southgate was testing. If there is only three attacking Midfield roles available then he has Ali, Lallana, Sterling and Rooney ahead of him (I included Rooney as he is the captain and is likely to be picked before him, not on talent/form etc).