IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Ross is a flat track bully. He and Lukaku can dominate the weaker teams in the league but against the best sides they struggle.

Ross likes to have time to pick a pass and when we have the lion's share of possession he gets plenty opportunity to make those killer passes. If one goes astray it won't be long until he gets another chance to make a killer pass.

But when we play the top sides we struggle for possession, we rely on the counter attack and Ross struggles to have an impact. Everything must be done quicker, there's no time to look and it is all on instinct.

Man of the match at Spurs a few weeks back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STJUX390tuY

Think he's just giving an observation that we can all see.

Five years in the prem playing for us and still supposedly hasn't learnt a thing.

Delete Alli two years ago was playing for MK Dons in the lower leagues and now he's well ahead of Barkley and keeping him out the England Team.

I don't think you have to be a fantastic top player to offer an observation.

i love the alli comparisons. he's on a good team, that helps alli. look at all the man united players that looked great but it was just due to the players around them. Alli is alright, no worldie that the press is making him out to be.

meanwhile ross plays with a 18 year old davies, geriatric barry, cold mirallas, etc. the only real top talent around ross is lukaku and schneiderlin. alli has eriksen, kane, demebele, wanyama, dier, son, and the best backline and keeper in the league.

Ross is a flat track bully. He and Lukaku can dominate the weaker teams in the league but against the best sides they struggle.

Ross likes to have time to pick a pass and when we have the lion's share of possession he gets plenty opportunity to make those killer passes. If one goes astray it won't be long until he gets another chance to make a killer pass.

But when we play the top sides we struggle for possession, we rely on the counter attack and Ross struggles to have an impact. Everything must be done quicker, there's no time to look and it is all on instinct.

Really, I thought he was quality against Man City, played well against Spurs and against Man Utd he played well in the first half.

I remember us playing against Newcastle in Martinez's first season and Barkley playing an absolute stormer on the counter.

In the last five years he has had; half a season with Koeman and has really grown in the last few months. Three years under Martinez where he was told to go and play how you feel with first no coaching then too much restrictions when things went bad. Two years with Moyes who had no trust in him and hadn't long got over a massive injury.

He can become a top player under Koeman, being coached properly. For me he's a few years behind in his development still.

He is such a confidence player and the defeat against the reds has visibly hurt him.

Twice against Utd, Lukaku steamed forward and the commentators said he needed to look up and find Barkley.

When I watched the replays I realised that Lukaku would have needed to look up, turn around and search to find Barkley.

Instead of bursting forward to support Rom, he jogged twenty yards behind, as if wanting Rom to take it himself.

Lack of confidence in finishing?

He is such a confidence player and the defeat against the reds has visibly hurt him.

Twice against Utd, Lukaku steamed forward and the commentators said he needed to look up and find Barkley.

When I watched the replays I realised that Lukaku would have needed to look up, turn around and search to find Barkley.

Instead of bursting forward to support Rom, he jogged twenty yards behind, as if wanting Rom to take it himself.

It shouldn't be because he has two fantastic feet.

It's not just Barkley though, because we regularly struggle to get supporting players with Rom. Mirallas is probably the best at it because he's got that selfish streak in him.

I'd hate to see the reaction if it was another of our players breaking and Rom was lazily twenty yards behind like. I think heads would be rolling everywhere.

I have been a critic of Rom, but this Romey is my point.

Barkley was more to blame for not giving Rom the option.

Unfortunately we had Savage commentating, who has the brain of......Robbie Savage!

= a skull devoid of any gray matter inside it.

I mentioned this in the match day thread and it shows you how terrible the commentators are too.

I think it was a combination of fatigue and him not making the right decision.

I still hold faith in the comments in his earlier days.

Ross is so far ahead of other players that they find it hard to read what he is intending . This makes it look like he makes many mistakes when in reality, it's not having the players at the same level.

Not saying this holds true, just that I hold faith in him finding that middle ground.

If I had to sum his season up so far I'd say he's been frustrating

Moments and a handful of games he's shown why many hold him in such high regard then he goes completely missing

He just needs to really simplify his game at times does much of the hard work then doesn't release the ball quick enough or at all

Edited by EFC-Paul

He was magic today. Four / five months ago I was wondering if he'd ever live up to the hype. Now I really don't get why everyone isn't wetting themselves over how well he is playing. Mahrez won player of the year a season ago, Barkley was head and shoulders above him today. We have to build our team around this lad for the next 10 years, now he has found his position and is playing full of confidence, we're just at the start of something very special from him.

I'm with Matt.

Thought he was good but not great.

Didn't realise he was on the pitch for first twenty mins.

Although it was an excellent save, it was also a naive finish from Ross. His shoulders went up as he rounded the keeper, like he had already scored.

But as soon as that cross found Rom he visibly lifted. Haven't seen him smile like that for months.