IGNORED

Ross Barkley

One poor game out of 7 or 8 matches - he at least tried.... as illplaced as his passion was - it was at least coming from a good place. He loves Everton 100%

I'm glad someone else sees what I see. He was trying his ass off out there. Meanwhile Williams Pennington Robles Lukaku Calvert Lewin Davies all having a stroll in the park.

For better or for worse he wanted it and knew what this day meant. Never will fault him for that.

He was piss poor , as were the entire team. Extremely lucky not to be sent off today but luckily enough for him he appears to be allowed an off day

?

I don't think he can be accused of not trying to influence the game. He had a couple of good shots, he set up Holgate for our best chance of the game from open play but his overall game was poor and he couldn't get it going.

Once again in hindsight though, he has been playing so well wider and then he plays more centrally against the narrowest team in the league.

He was piss poor , as were the entire team. Extremely lucky not to be sent off today but luckily enough for him he appears to be allowed an off day

Big difference between having an off-day and having a day-off.

Barkley was fired up and wanted it - he was desperate to win and that showed in some decisions....

It's not like he decided to have a day off is it and not bother his arse?

That's the whole point about England... he has been treated appallingly. Built up and broken down and it's left to his club to build him back up.

If he is kept out of England he stands a far better chance of being left alone to develop.

The England team isn't ready for Ross and he isn't ready to carry the expectations of a nation. Deli alli will Continue to be protected despite being a vile cheating dirty player with a questionable temperament.

I said something like this would happen...

Off the radar and his petfornances have been mature...

Then England call him up... I said it before many times- England and all the bullshit is not good for the lad. They always fuck him about...

He comes back from international break fuming and with something to prove and didn't we just see it?! The media have got what they want now.

"Gareth told you so"

Bollocks...

Edited by Hafnia

I'm not into all this anti-Everton media stuff. I don't get it.

For me, Barkley played the wrong game. He got fired up for another derby, as he has done before. Lost his head. Screwed himself over.

I don't think that's because of England. I think it's because we were playing Liverpool.

The lad rightly or wrongly seems to take things to heart.... He thought fans were booing him at half time in the semi final.

He needs to feel loved with a firm guidance. Too much talking about "whether he will make it".... He's a premier league footballer ... He is a first team player for Everton... He's set for life. But he is scrutinised.... The press won't be happy till he moves to man city or whoever.

I don't think there's another player in the country with the same bullshit expectation levels. It's ridiculous. No one blinks when Ali doesn't win every game single handedly. Oxlade Chamberlain has been shite all season and gets an England start. Football is a great game ruined at times by clowns.

I'm not into all this anti-Everton media stuff. I don't get it.

For me, Barkley played the wrong game. He got fired up for another derby, as he has done before. Lost his head. Screwed himself over.

I don't think that's because of England. I think it's because we were playing Liverpool.

american media running a bunch of shit articles to "what everton can learn from coutinho" "coutinho showed barkley how to really do it" absolute dog shit heaadlines. we lost. now fuck off.

american media running a bunch of shit articles to "what everton can learn from coutinho" "coutinho showed barkley how to really do it" absolute dog shit heaadlines. we lost. now fuck off.

But Coutinho had a great game and Barkley was expected to have a great game, so what's the big deal? This isn't anti-Everton, it's match reporting.

Barkley has had a good season for us. He's improved a bit but the feeling amongst in game pro's is that he isn't quite making the most of his talent.

In regards to England, maybe when he's in training alongside the likes of Alli, Lalana, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc, fighting for similar positions, maybe his touch doesn't look as sharp, his movement as crisp or his decision making as quick.

But Coutinho had a great game and Barkley was expected to have a great game, so what's the big deal? This isn't anti-Everton, it's match reporting.

Barkley has had a good season for us. He's improved a bit but the feeling amongst in game pro's is that he isn't quite making the most of his talent.

In regards to England, maybe when he's in training alongside the likes of Alli, Lalana, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc, fighting for similar positions, maybe his touch doesn't look as sharp, his movement as crisp or his decision making as quick.

He's improved dramatically in my eyes, but it's a little worrying that there are still some basics issues he can't shake. Yet. After his progress this year, I still have no doubt he'll become an incredible player

For the last bit, I think his humble nature is holding him back for England, but I'm ok with that; rather he continues to develop than just act like an arrogant git ala Alli

Edited by Matt

He's improved dramatically in my eyes, but it's a little worrying that there are still some basics issues he can't shake. Yet. After his progress this year, I still have no doubt he'll become an incredible player

For the last bit, I think his humble nature is holding him back for England, but I'm ok with that; rather he continues to develop than just act like an arrogant git ala Alli

Yeah, I might have understated it a bit...he has definitely improved. But I do agree that his decision making is still a little suss. He needs to get the Derby out of his system, and get back to his game. Starting Tuesday!!!

And actually I do wonder if his nature is what holds him back. When mixing it with England's finest, dies he feel like he belongs or does he look at them and thinks 'I'm not as good as them', obviously thinking this way, you ain't going to perform to your maximum!

The national media, for some fucking bizzare reason, want to destroy our Ross. He's a confidence player and a genuinely nice guy but for reasons I just can't understand, they hang him out all the time. Ignoring his performances of games prior.

Everton aren't allowed to have great players. First they try and sell them from us then if that fails then discredit them.

Think he's just giving an observation that we can all see.

Five years in the prem playing for us and still supposedly hasn't learnt a thing.

Delete Alli two years ago was playing for MK Dons in the lower leagues and now he's well ahead of Barkley and keeping him out the England Team.

I don't think you have to be a fantastic top player to offer an observation.

Edited by Bill