IGNORED

Ross Barkley

It won't change for as long as the FA hire yes men. Southgate is the ideal FA manager as he is the same old boring shit as the rest of them.

We're England and this is how we play! Fuck the rest of the world, you can win world cups etc.... but you won't change the way we play!

We are boring and antiquated. We celebrated a loss to Germany and beating Lithuania two nil!

Barkley was better than Alli when we played them. Anyone who has watched Alli recently (bar the Germany game ironically) can see he is drifting through games but turning up with a goal or an assist.

Barkley on the other hand has been bossing games from 18 yard box to 18 yard box but not having the same effect on goal.

I don't doubt that Barkley will again outplay Lallana at the weekend and IMO he is the player that should have been dropped (or rotated) with Ross.

Fwiw I would actually play Alli deeper ahead of AOC as I think he is more suited to that role.

Barkley was better than Alli when we played them. Anyone who has watched Alli recently (bar the Germany game ironically) can see he is drifting through games but turning up with a goal or an assist.

Barkley on the other hand has been bossing games from 18 yard box to 18 yard box but not having the same effect on goal.

I don't doubt that Barkley will again outplay Lallana at the weekend and IMO he is the player that should have been dropped (or rotated) with Ross.

Fwiw I would actually play Alli deeper ahead of AOC as I think he is more suited to that role.

Hopefully as Lallana's injured :).

Personally I'm pretty dissapointed in the progress of Ross. Alli could go the same way but what I like about Alli is he has no fear and is aggressive. If Ross added this to his game he'd be a monster. Like when Henderson fronted him and he shit himself! He definitely hasn't got scouse grit about him ala Rooney and Gerrard.

Yeah he was poor, but why single him out? Everyone had a stinker, Koeman included.

Redknapp nailed it. Look at the effect Liverpools playmaker had on the gane compared to ours. I'm sick of him now. He's just never going to have the minerals!

Edited by MC11

Redknapp nailed it. Look at the effect Liverpools playmaker had on the gane compared to ours. I'm sick of him now. He's just never going to have the minerals!

He contributed less to us losing than our defence did. Yeah, Coutihno is a better player. He was also given the freedom of Anfield to play in. Again, why pick Barkley out? We were set up wrong, defended awfully, our front two couldn't get a kick, the whole mentality and approach to the game was wrong

Everything Barkley fucked up today looked to be the product of a player trying too hard to be the match winner. He had blinders on. He was too emotionally invested in the game. As a fan, you want the players to be invested. But, he played entirely without composure, just like in the derby at Goodison. Koeman or someone out there needs to make sure he's calmed down. Barkley was abysmal today, but it wasn't for lack of skill or lack of trying. I think we all remember playing with that one person who played like they had a point to prove some days and were the worse for it. You want that kind of arrogance, but you don't want it at the expense of the team. For me, it's a coaching/leadership issue. You need to recognize the problem and get them out of their own head and back to playing football.

Guest rusty747

i like Ross but today wasn't his finest moment in a blue shirt. I agree that he was trying too hard and was doing all the wrong things for all the right reasons. The team wasn't helped by the way Ronald set them up and a lot of introspection and adjustment is required by all the players and coaching staff before Tuesday night.

Edited by rusty747