IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I wouldn't be overly arsed if he went as long as we bought a top quality 10 to replace him if I'm honest but I also would be happy if he stayed.

Silly statement but thats how I feel about him.

we know pad. you thought sterling was better than barkley when he left the RS. i'm sure you still do think he's better. agree to disagree.

we know pad. you thought sterling was better than barkley when he left the RS. i'm sure you still do think he's better. agree to disagree.

I do Mark, still doesn't mean I want him to leave. If we brought in a renowned number 10 who was better than him and sold him I'd be happy.

The way he's performing at the moment has got me feeling so giddy. This is the Ross I knew was in there, it was just getting it out. I hope that these past few months have been a turning point for him and he plays like this consistently. If he does then we're in for a lot of excitement.

I think Koeman deserves a lot of credit for Barkley's turnaround (if it sticks). He was criticised for being vocal about Ross in public, and I actually don't think he'd have wanted to do it that way, but he could see that Ross had been coddled by Martinez and then when he got shit from the likes of Hodgson he didn't handle it very well. So I think Koeman felt he had to show Ross that the footballing world isn't all sunshine and daisies, but that it's a harsh place where criticism, rightly or wrongly, will come your way in a very public way. It'll have given Ross a thicker skin and will benefit us in the long-run.

Agree with the above, I've consistently criticized Ross, and if he reads this forum I'm sure i might have been in some way responsible for the upturn in his performances.......Only joking.

Played extremely well recently, keep it up lad.

Edited by Bill

The way he's performing at the moment has got me feeling so giddy. This is the Ross I knew was in there, it was just getting it out. I hope that these past few months have been a turning point for him and he plays like this consistently. If he does then we're in for a lot of excitement.

I think Koeman deserves a lot of credit for Barkley's turnaround (if it sticks). He was criticised for being vocal about Ross in public, and I actually don't think he'd have wanted to do it that way, but he could see that Ross had been coddled by Martinez and then when he got shit from the likes of Hodgson he didn't handle it very well. So I think Koeman felt he had to show Ross that the footballing world isn't all sunshine and daisies, but that it's a harsh place where criticism, rightly or wrongly, will come your way in a very public way. It'll have given Ross a thicker skin and will benefit us in the long-run.

top post romey, i agree.

I don't criticising Ross in public has had anything to do with the improvement as he was sulky right away. The work has been done on the training field and by getting him into a formation that suits him better.

If we start playing him off Rom and lumping long balls to him he will play crap again. Now he can express himself more in more space and his confidence is sky high. That's the big difference!

What utter twaddle. You've never played FIFA online with custom player faces obviously

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/J20hlnwRO6M/hqdefault.jpg

Haha!

He is quite possibly the most athletically/technically talented player I've seen since gerrard.

If he never had that injury he would probably already be one of the best players in Europe.

I believe he is on course to be world class.

I'd sooner he was happy at Everton, and playing international football will help with that.

You sure? I'm not convinced. I know he'll want to play for his country but considering his character, i.e. shy and humble, I don't think he'd cope with the exposure which I'm sure wouldn't make him happy. All depends on the England setup though, too many years of dross managing and coaching, maybe I'm being too pessimistic

Edited by Matt

You sure? I'm not convinced. I know he'll want to play for his country but considering his character, i.e. shy and humble, I don't think he'd cope with the exposure which I'm sure wouldn't make him happy. All depends on the England setup though, too many years of dross managing and coaching, maybe I'm being too pessimistic

Yes I'm sure.

Edited by Romey 1878

I'd sooner he was happy at Everton, and playing international football will help with that.

Ya reckon?

I can pinpoint 2 or 3 occasions where the England set up has seen ross take a battering after having played well for Everton.

Hodgson mistreated him on two occasions. The allardyce fiasco was a joke too..

Too much publicity and not the type he needs.

Ya reckon?

I can pinpoint 2 or 3 occasions where the England set up has seen ross take a battering after having played well for Everton.

Hodgson mistreated him on two occasions. The allardyce fiasco was a joke too..

Too much publicity and not the type he needs.

Yes. Im absolutely 100% sure that he'll want to be playing international football for England.