IGNORED

Ross Barkley

That is probably the best I have seen him play. He didn't do anything spectacularly but he smashed all of the basics that he has often let himself down with. I have never seen him work that hard either.

Well done Ross and well done Koeman.

absolutely this. There was only 1 moment where I thought he held on to it too long but otherwise he was superb

I'd say it's already Mori, and more recently Barry. Lukaku has had it worse than Barkley. Last Season Stones And Howard took most of the flak.

I'd go as far to say if Barkley wasn't local he'd have gotten a lot more stick from the fans. Groans when he's been rubbish is hardly something to cry about.

Let's face it, Ross will never be a regular England starter until he leaves Everton or we drag ourselves up to be a significant club again.

And England will never win a thing if that is how the manager approaches team selection. I can understand Ali, Lallana and Sterling getting in ahead of Barkley behind the front man, they've been playing consistently well for longer than Ross has. But Oxlade-Chamberlain?? Give me a fucking break, has Southgate watched Arsenal recently? He has been dreadful.

'Array Redknapp had it right on radio the other day, if England cannot find a way to play Ali and Barkley in the same side they'll just be repeating the stupid Lampard-Gerrard-Scholes bullshit all over again