IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Expand....

Edit: Separate note, going through Twitter, I didn't realise how many people don't like Ross. Not just Kopites either (funniest tweets still harking on about the Lovren challenge - Let's ignore years and years worth of unpunished horror tackles by kopites) but alot of other club supporters. Am I missing something? Generally speaking, I don't remember any incidents were Ross created bad publicity before? He's not particularly snidey? He's by all accounts, an honest, simple guy. Where's the hate come from?

yeah he's gotten trashed in the american media a lot too. couple rash challenges in the derby and now i read articles daily with "ross needs to straighten up, weekly reckless challenges". i'm thinking you obviously don't watch everton because Ross pulls out of challenges ALL DAY since his leg break.

that derby one got a lot of press and now everyone thinks he's charlie adam. well idiot neutrals and kopites that is.

That's the difference it's no secret that Barkley attracts the wrong people to him. A move down south might do him the world of good!

Missing the point. A move away from Liverpool "might" keep him out of these situations. A lesson should have been learned from this though.

if i was ross i'd press charges on the both of them. take em for all they got, make an example of them.

what is it with the english pub culture and fighting? seems you lads need to tone it down a little, maybe switch to the natural herb and mellow.

"IF" it turns out that its sonething to do with trying to nab girlfriends of some known naughty boys then he will have to take it and learn from it.

There was something in the news about him chasing the wrong girl. Gerrard had this sort of troubles while back.

Ross does need to stay in IF he's doing things like that. The punch will never be justified, but as a celebrity he's going to be a target. People are right in saying that he SHOULD be able to go out and not worry about trouble like this, but fact of the matter is his profession will always make him someone to go after. I always feel for athletes, actors, musicians, politicians (some), etc. that have the sort of notoriety that makes a normal social life near impossible.

You can see from that guy's post that there is a general perception that footballers/boxers are trying to take their girls, so those people are already on the offensive/defensive before any words are said probably.

Edited by TonkaRoost

"IF" it turns out that its sonething to do with trying to nab girlfriends of some known naughty boys then he will have to take it and learn from it.

There was something in the news about him chasing the wrong girl. Gerrard had this sort of troubles while back.

in america "he stole my girl" doesn't pass in the court of law as a valid reason for assault. unless england is archaic i would imagine it doesn't there either. hence the pressing charges would be fully justified. would let any idiot who thinks they'll have a go think twice as well.

Completely agree, but not everyone feels that way unfortunately.

Anyway, if your girl so easily goes to another guy then she was never "your girl" in the first place.

exactly! not use getting pissed and beating people up about it. in fact maybe do some self reflection and meditiation and understand what you can improve to attract a better woman.

I was going to say that, spot on. Nobody "steals" a woman who's content with what she's got.

The point is, if she's clearly out with a fella he should steer clear out of respect. The girl may of fucked him off and he may of been hounding her. Somethings gone on for him to find out whats happened.

Last I checked, women don't belong to anyone. Nobody knows what happened with Barkley and the aforementioned girl just yet. But, she can make her own decisions. It's not Ross's fault that he talked to someone who somebody else claims ownership of. Now, if he was friends with the guy, this is perhaps a different story (violating friendship norms). But, what it looks like is that some assclowns were up in arms over the fact that one of "their birds" was taken with Barkley and one of them took it out on him. Either way, this should, first, be cause for a conversation between the two partners and, second, an occasion for the guy claiming possession to look inward and see what a pud he is.

Pah he'll be fine. A whack is a whack. No harm done.

Young blokes fight over ladies. Always have. It takes a while for us to grow up.

I settled with my missus when I was 23. Before that, I can remember 3 times I got headbutted because of some anger/jealousy over females...each time was when I was looking away!!! Never did me any harm! Although i never did learn not to look away in a standoff! It's a ruthless world when we are growing up trying to find our way and learn our lessons! Haha.

He just has to be careful he doesn't piss off the wrong people.

I'm more bothered as to why he was out and about after a game instead of allowing his body to recover properly. But yeah, you can't expect these boys to stay in all the time.

Plenty of single girls out there Ross...chase them instead!!!

Last I checked, women don't belong to anyone. Nobody knows what happened with Barkley and the aforementioned girl just yet. But, she can make her own decisions. It's not Ross's fault that he talked to someone who somebody else claims ownership of. Now, if he was friends with the guy, this is perhaps a different story (violating friendship norms). But, what it looks like is that some assclowns were up in arms over the fact that one of "their birds" was taken with Barkley and one of them took it out on him. Either way, this should, first, be cause for a conversation between the two partners and, second, an occasion for the guy claiming possession to look inward and see what a pud he is.

spot on.

Agreed. But, I think the author treats Koeman as if he's being coy or clever here. I'm pretty sure Koeman doesn't have that kind of orientation. He seems to be "too honest" in a sense. Journalists might be looking beneath the surface for the "truth" when that truth has already been plainly stated on the surface.