IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Looked to be trying too hard in the first half, and that never works out for him. Second half though he should've shut a few knob heads up.

If his celebration was anything to go by he appreciated the support he got from the fans today and it won't be long until we can look forward to at least another 5 years of our diamond.

Everyone was utter dogshite first half though Mark, literally every single player. We were dreadful.

Everyone was utter dogshite first half though Mark, literally every single player. We were dreadful.

Like I said at half time I think they thought they just had to turn up to win given our home form and Burnley's away. Probably didn't consciously think that but it was in the back of their minds, sure they got a good roasting at HT.

It was boss when three quarters of the ground sung it today wasn't it.

The whole moment after the goal was very very very special! A privilege to have witnessed it! Blatant message to the fans that he's one of us and he wants to stay here.

Build the team around this lad he's a diamond. Something Lukaku will never be "a true blue"

Edited by MC11

The whole moment after the goal was very very very special! A privilege to have witnessed it! Blatant message to the fans that he's one of us and he wants to stay here.

Build the team around this lad he's a diamond. Something Lukaku will never be "a true blue"

A-fucking men to that brother.

It was fantastic, especially when he jumped on the hoardings at the Street End.

As poor as we were, Burnley were excellent and should have been 2 up (if Vokes could finish) in the first half. They didn't give us a second on the ball. They obviously identified Schneiderlin, Davies and Gueye as our engine and just didn't give them a second every time they got it.

Lampard nailed it on MOTD.Said Barkley should stay at Everton. Morning papers now linking him with a move to United. I just hope Koeman sorts the contract situation out. I get a horrible feeling that Koemans stubbornness can alienate players - just my opinion. All the linking to A Rooney return doesn't help either. Barkley and Roomey are too similar in terms of the areas of the pitch they're effective from. I'd rather Rooney not come back and Ross stay.

Lampard nailed it on MOTD.Said Barkley should stay at Everton. Morning papers now linking him with a move to United. I just hope Koeman sorts the contract situation out. I get a horrible feeling that Koemans stubbornness can alienate players - just my opinion. All the linking to A Rooney return doesn't help either. Barkley and Roomey are too similar in terms of the areas of the pitch they're effective from. I'd rather Rooney not come back and Ross stay.

I don't think Koeman's supposed stubborness will have anything to do with it. He's repeatedly stated how talented Ross is, and how much he wants him to stay. All he has said is that if he won't sign then he'll have to be sold. Which is quite right.

Who are the dickheads? Why such a bitter tone?

The dickheads who deal with contract renewals.... including koeman. Not sure how lukaku is involved in this Matt?

The timeline of Ross's renewal reads something like this:-

Dec 2016:It is not the priority at the moment but in the new year, yes, said Koeman.

April 2016:- sign contract or be sold.

Takes the piss. Had Barkley come out and said shit about leaving or anything like that?

One rule for one one rule for others. Koeman exercised his right to not discuss the contract a few months ago maybe Ross is doing the same.

The dickheads who deal with contract renewals.... including koeman. Not sure how lukaku is involved in this Matt?

Dec 2016:It is not the priority at the moment but in the new year, yes, said Koeman.

Takes the piss. Had Barkley come out and said shit about leaving or anything like that?

One rule for one one rule for others. Koeman exercised his right to not discuss the contract a few months ago maybe Ross is doing the same.

light hearted dig at the 3 people you reserve the most contempt for mate :)

Or maybe none of us know the whole story. One thing's for sure is Barkley is playing much better than he has for any of 2016 - it seems Koeman is bringing the best out of him.

I don't think Koeman's supposed stubborness will have anything to do with it. He's repeatedly stated how talented Ross is, and how much he wants him to stay. All he has said is that if he won't sign then he'll have to be sold. Which is quite right.

Personally I don't agree with him coming out and saying he'll be sold if he doesn't sign. No need to make that public.

Personally I don't agree with him coming out and saying he'll be sold if he doesn't sign. No need to make that public.

That's my point. Apparently it's £100k a week on the table. He could get £50k on top of that elsewhere- more if he holds out for a bosman.

I think koeman was too harsh and didn't need to say anything

Loved what he did yesterday when he 'scored'. Brilliant. All of it.

With his contract, who knows? Whether it's down to 'dickheads' in the boardroom, 'stubbornness' from the manager or Barkley just wanting to exercise his rights to look at all options. Including signing on at Everton.

Koeman has said he's not involved in contract talks. And he won't be. Managers aren't anymore. He has said he wants to keep him. He likes Barkley. But at the end of the day, he's an honest man, a spade is a spade sort, and when pressed on the subject he has laid it on a plate...we would have to sell him if no agreement can be reached. That's the reality isn't it? Or do we keep him and let him go for free?

I think Koeman has been quite consistent with it.

I've the same views with Barkley as I do with Lukaku. So long as he keeps performing and putting the effort in, then fair play. The politics can wait until the season finishes.