IGNORED

Ross Barkley

This sticks in my throat a bit tbh. Everton have stood by him through thick and thin- he's an Evertonian and he has possibly the best chance any player in recent times of being a legend here. New stadium on the horizon, major investment, a new manager- the clubs moving forward big time and looks to have a very bright future yet he is stalling on signing.

I can't fathom it out, you'd think he'd be turning up for training with his pencil case.

This sticks in my throat a bit tbh. Everton have stood by him through thick and thin- he's an Evertonian and he has possibly the best chance any player in recent times of being a legend here. New stadium on the horizon, major investment, a new manager- the clubs moving forward big time and looks to have a very bright future yet he is stalling on signing.

I can't fathom it out, you'd think he'd be turning up for training with his pencil case.

I don't get it either pad. Honestly after watching interviews and I know this sounds mean but I don't think he has a lot going on between the ears. Seems very gifted technically but just can't put together the mental aspects. On top of that he likes to party and is supposed to be best mates with delle Alli maybe he just wants to party in London. No idea. Edited by markjazzbassist

Does it matter? He's an Evertonian at heart, the money should be a side-issue.

Money shouldn't be a side issue, why would anyone in any profession settle for less when you can have more? So yeah it matters. Rumours are £100k is on the table.

Maybe he wants away for personal reasons?

I think he's been caught up in some shit, going back a few years with his run ins with that drug dealing/plastic gangster, then his recent punch up. His rep in the city ain't too good.

My gut feeling is that he might want to get away from the city and start again.

Money shouldn't be a side issue, why would anyone in any profession settle for less when you can have more? So yeah it matters. Rumours are £100k is on the table.

100K sounds about right for him. He's been good but not great this season. He's still extremely inconsistent and needs to add more goals to his game for the position he plays.

I'll be sad to see him go, but I don't think he'll ever reach the potential that was suggested.

I've turned down better work contracts to stay at a job I enjoy(ish). I'm not saying it's irrelevant, but it shouldn't be the driving force, especially if that 100k is true :o

Edited by Matt

If Ross wants to get away from the city just buy a house in Cheshire and drive to work each day. It's not far on the M56, enough other players do it.

I'd be shocked if he went. Just don't see it happening.

I don't think he has the brains to do that. I just look in his eyes, and all I see is.....

Oh no, better not do that!!!

He's staying. Not going anywhere!

Not what I've heard Shukes he's refused to sign and his relationship with Koeman has broken down.

Could all be bollocks but that's the word on the street. Only he and a very select few know for defo.

So you're reserving judgement on Barkley but are prepared to speculate on Lukaku. Seems fair.

Lukaku has been offered a 150k a week deal... that is widely reported. That will come from his shite hawk of an agent to the press to bump up.

Lukaku has been offered a 150k a week deal... that is widely reported. That will come from his shite hawk of an agent to the press to bump up.

So now we believe everything that's written in the press if it's about Lukaku- any other time it's taken as gutter sniping but when it's Lukaku it's true.

You can't have it both ways. Barkleys done fuck all for large periods of this season yet you give him a walkover. Lukaku is leading scorer in the league and you slaughter him relentlessly.

Sorry Pete but your double standards and hypocricy are shocking when it comes to this. I honestly now believe you can't see the wood for the trees with this mate.

So now we believe everything that's written in the press if it's about Lukaku- any other time it's taken as gutter sniping but when it's Lukaku it's true.

You can't have it both ways. Barkleys done fuck all for large periods of this season yet you give him a walkover. Lukaku is leading scorer in the league and you slaughter him relentlessly.

Sorry Pete but your double standards and hypocricy are shocking when it comes to this. I honestly now believe you can't see the wood for the trees with this mate.

Losing sight about what we are talking about here....

I said it will be interesting to know what Barkley has been offered. He hasn't been quoted saying anything like 'I'm not signing it'.

Lukaku has had a contract in front of him for months now... the news was out that he would be offered the highest wages in the club and that £130k is the minimum amount quoted by many news sources including the telegraph.

All I'm saying is that Barkley will no doubt be looking for something that is nearer that level...£100k is the rumoured amount.... personally If it is that then he can't grumble. Yes he could get more eksewhere but it a good sum of money.

The reality is he will be wanting more.

Guest rusty747

Barkley would be very wise to sign and start eating some humble pie. He has had a very average season and if he isn't careful could find himself still at Everton next season, on the bench and with no suitors looking to buy him.

Barkley would be very wise to sign and start eating some humble pie. He has had a very average season and if he isn't careful could find himself still at Everton next season, on the bench and with no suitors looking to buy him.

agreed rusty. he will turn into the next Townsend, Lennon gone to the bigs sat on the bench and waste the best years of his career, only to be sold to a mid-table/lower side and relegated or playing their twilight years in mid table.

Stats so far for this season are 5 goals, 8 assists across 40 matches.

Stats aren't everything, but that's a pretty poor return for one of our attacking midfielders.

Not saying I think Barkley should leave -- definitely want him to stay, but he needs to pick it up.

Edited by TonkaRoost