IGNORED

Ross Barkley

this is the new in thing on the forum, blame everything on tactics. tactics don't play the fucking match the players do. ross did no pressing, no attackng, misplaced passes all over the park. nothing to do with tactics, just shit playing.

Yep. The basics are fuck all to do with how we set up to play.

this is the new in thing on the forum, blame everything on tactics. tactics don't play the fucking match the players do. ross did no pressing, no attackng, misplaced passes all over the park. nothing to do with tactics, just shit playing.

and I said he was shit. A player can't go from playing one position constantly to a different one in a season, let alone a week.

That said, Ross didn't do the basics well at all, but I think his concentration was focused on a very different game style

I was just about to say what Paddock said.

He struggled to pass a ball a few yards. He was way off today.

Can't we just accept that the fans darlings of the team can have off days without there being an excuse? Poor tactics, no service?

Or, of course, the 2 players we hype so much maybe just aren't that level above that we so want them to be.

because I think the change in position distracted him

If he's as good as we think he is he should be able to play comfortably and adapt to any formation (within reason) we play.

He's a seasoned pro, being asked to play a different role shouldn't distract him at all.

If he's as good as we think he is he should be able to play comfortably and adapt to any formation (within reason) we play.

He's a seasoned pro, being asked to play a different role shouldn't distract him at all.

he had an off game, and out of position. I'm not ready to say more than he had a shit game

I recall him playing out wide several times pre-Koeman and he was aweful, this season he's found his best form there. Needs to adapt better and find better consistency and decision making.

Consistency and decision making are what makes a great player world class.

he's always said he thinks of himself as a forward. Koeman uses him as such in a front 3. i think it's been his best position. he's not a Silva/Rakitic/Eriksen type feeding perfect assists all over the park and setting up others. He's strong and dribbles well and can shoot with both feet but lacks vision and can be thickheaded at times. sounds like a forward to me.

Ross has played his best football under Koeman on the right hand side of the front three. Not in the middle. So if he lines up back in the middle why would he play like he has on the right?

Not defending him by the way, i just think that right hand side position is best for him and for the team.

Can't believe what I'm reading. Yeah he was shit today but we still know how good he is.

One question, how many players do we have who are better than Ross?

Honest question to see people's opinions.

at the same position? none. overall talent wise, a few

lukaku, schneiderlin, gana, coleman. they are all top/close to top players at their respective postiions. ross not even close.

Can't believe what I'm reading. Yeah he was shit today but we still know how good he is.

One question, how many players do we have who are better than Ross?

Honest question to see people's opinions.

The question you should ask is who would we miss more than Ross. My answer is quite a few.

at the same position? none. overall talent wise, a few

lukaku, schneiderlin, gana, coleman. they are all top/close to top players at their respective postiions. ross not even close.

I think someone has grown into being a Coleman fan :)

He's always been my favorite Everton player since I've been watching/supporting/loving this team, well along with Baines and Jags too. I'm proud to wear his name/number 23 on my kit.

I think someone has grown into being a Coleman fan :)

He's always been my favorite Everton player since I've been watching/supporting/loving this team, well along with Baines and Jags too. I'm proud to wear his name/number 23 on my kit.

Yeah the more I've watched other leagues and teams I realize what an asset he is. Glad I've come around to him, just took me longer than the rest of you lol

Disappointed by Ross. Since the knock on the chin (and the derby) his head is somewhere else.

Most disappointing is the lack of effort in some games. He IS a local lad. He IS an Evertonian. Lukaku gets stick because he doesn't appear to 'want to wear the shirt', but considering Ross's connection with the club, anything less than 100% is blasphemy.

If he wants to leave, there's not much that can be done.

He either signs the contract or he goes, personally I couldn't give a shit if he goes, he's not as good as some people seem to think he is.

I'd take £100m for him and Lukaku and with our own transfer kitty that we already have we should be able to buy 4 or 5 top class players.