IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Guest rusty747

If I was Ronald, I wouldn't play Barkley again. He has been very average anyway. No matter what happens in the next two games we will finish seventh and it is an ideal time to blood some youngsters who want to play for Everton and maybe give Mo Besic a run out. On current form, Barkley won't be missed.

I've been told the relationship between him and Koeman has completely broken down and that's why he wont sign. Whether or not that is true is anybodys guess but the noises coming from Koeman seem to suggest that's probably right.

yep and i'm ready to throw in the towel and say you were right pad, sterling was the better of the 2. ross won't be the world beater we think.

Thats the reason i said sell him last year, we wont get as much this year that's a certainty.

If he turns round now and says he wants to sign, I'd cut the offer in half whatever it is. Big headed bastard. Same with Lukaku.

Get shut of them both and move on, Koeman is more than able to bring decent players in.

I'm really hoping he's actually just concentrating on his game and signing at the end of the season, like so many people say but never do

Same.

Doesn't seem to be making any noise, so may just be using the time he was clearly given to decide.

Hopefully he isn't looking into comments too much. He seems a sensitive soul.

I've a feeling Koeman doesn't want him to stay. Pretty convinced he has someone in mind to take his place and he'd prefer it if he's gone

Probably a 30+ year-old Dutchman: Sneijder? :rolleyes:

Koeman's man-management skills absolutely stink. He should not be making stupid ultimatum statements in public. They will undermine whatever discussions are going on - and cause a lot of ill will that won't easily be forgotten.

I echo the thoughts that Koeman doesn't seem to want him.

I think Koeman has been quite open and simple about Barkley since day 1. And I feel that Barkley maybe isn't delivering what Koeman wants him to deliver. He's maybe frustrated that he has 'it' but can't quite seem to get to the level to deliver 'it'.

I'm still seeing the same negative things from Barkley that we've been seeing for the last 3 or 4 years. The progress hasn't been as much as we would like. To the point where I wouldn't be all that bothered if he left. I don't think he's at the level we are trying to get to.

There is more to this than what We are seeing that's for sure....

Lukaku has a contract there and nothing is being said in terms of ultimatums.

Ross only has 1 year left so the situation is more pressing.

I think he is a great player and I would love him to sign and be part of the Everton future, but I believe we are doing the right thing. Sign or go.

There is more to this than what We are seeing that's for sure....

Lukaku has a contract there and nothing is being said in terms of ultimatums.

Because Koeman has said several times that with Lukaku it is a different situation. 2 years left vs 2 year left. We all know that the final year is the one where decisions have to be made.

However, I do think there is a sniff of hypocrisy when he says he only wants to work with players who want to be here...despite Lukaku's own stance! This makes me think he doesn't fancy Barkley much, possibly a lifestyle thing.

Koeman's man-management skills absolutely stink. He should not be making stupid ultimatum statements in public. They will undermine whatever discussions are going on - and cause a lot of ill will that won't easily be forgotten.

Sorry Steve but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Williams, Lookman, Gana, Calvert-Lewin, Schneiderlin, Valencia are really Dutch like. And only one of them over 30...

Totally with Koeman on this one. We've offered him a contract and it's up to him to sign him. No individual is bigger than the club. Sign it or be sold. Simple.

This for me, fully agree with Koeman and his reasoning

The lad hasn't really kicked or done a great deal to warrant holding out, the deal could be poor in his eyes but I doubt it is, I'd lean towards him over estimating his worth

Edited by EFC-Paul

Williams, Lookman, Gana, Calvert-Lewin, Schneiderlin, Valencia are really Dutch like. And only one of them over 30...

My comment about a Dutchman was tongue-in-cheek, although there were plenty of reports linking us with Wesley Sneijder last summer.

As for man management, I've had the privilege of working for some great managers through the years - and some poor ones. The evidence I see (which admittedly is only what we see and hear in the public domain) is that man-management is not one of Koeman's skills. He was a brilliant footballer, for sure, so his strengths lie in that area. We can't expect everyone to be strong in all areas; we all have our weaknesses. This is one of his.

Really, I can't see someone like Ross Barkley responding well to Koeman's Trumpesque approach (minus the tweets).