Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Difficult one this, but on balance feel the need to post it....

Great news Mike, really pleased for you. Rubes, hope everything goes OK, will be rooting for you.

Thanks Johnh Had the surgery a fortnight ago. Went fairly well. May need another op though as they had to induce a hernia to complete the job, which may need an op to fix. Won't know until the Consultant sees me.

Got my "year clear" from the consultant today :). Still another four years to go before they call me "cured" but a bit of a landmark so I thought I'd mention it.

Won't update this thread any more (except maybe in Feb 2019 to say I've got there) because it feels a bit self indulgent now; but again, thanks for all the kind words over the last year or so.

This time last year I was so bad I was sleeping through Everton matches; shame the cancer couldn't have waited a year come to think of it :unsure:.

Got my "year clear" from the consultant today :). Still another four years to go before they call me "cured" but a bit of a landmark so I thought I'd mention it.

Won't update this thread any more (except maybe in Feb 2019 to say I've got there) because it feels a bit self indulgent now; but again, thanks for all the kind words over the last year or so.

This time last year I was so bad I was sleeping through Everton matches; shame the cancer couldn't have waited a year come to think of it :unsure:.

Great to hear Mike. Onwards and upwards. Best wishes.

Had my CT scan on 2nd January. Had not had any results so phoned the Hospital two weeks ago, they said they would investigate. Heard nothing. Phoned again today and they said they would look into it and get back to me. The Consultant phoned me, most apologetic but said the scans were clear. Obviously very relieved with the news but a bit miffed it took so long.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

And (believe it or not, where does the time go) today is the five year anniversary of my last treatment, which means I'm all clear:). I still have one final check to come in May but it's just a formality, five years is the magic number so I'll be around for a while yet. Sorry:P.

well done Mike I am really chuffed to bits for you ….. :jumpforjoy:

I generally only read football related content on here but it's a boring damp afternoon and no match so have been Off Topic. I knew you'd had serious illness Mike glad you've had the all clear, know from family how much that means. Got me thinking that behind the banter and squabbling on TT there is everyday life going on for people and often hidden problems that you couldn't begin to guess at. ATB to Rubes too.

Now for a look at Weirdness Abounds and the Longest thread for drivel!!

9 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I don’t usually stray too far from the Rumourama and EFC sections but glad I did to read this - great news Mike!

Top bloke 💙

Who the fuck stays in the Rumourama section?!