IGNORED

Difficult one this, but on balance feel the need to post it....

MikeO

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

....and on to the next hurdle, have my surgery booked for Tuesday 15th so I only have "my" voice for another week, maybe something artificial down the line if all goes well and I want it as I've already said.

Hopefully I'll be able to get online once I'm out of ICU but I'm not on the cancer ward this time (which has its own internet access) but a surgical ward which only uses the NHS one and is "hit and miss" according to reliable sources:unsure:

Going to feel very odd miming, "It's a Grand Old Team" next time I manage to get to a game but I'll cope:P

All the best, Mike. 

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

....and on to the next hurdle, have my surgery booked for Tuesday 15th so I only have "my" voice for another week, maybe something artificial down the line if all goes well and I want it as I've already said.

Hopefully I'll be able to get online once I'm out of ICU but I'm not on the cancer ward this time (which has its own internet access) but a surgical ward which only uses the NHS one and is "hit and miss" according to reliable sources:unsure:

Going to feel very odd miming, "It's a Grand Old Team" next time I manage to get to a game but I'll cope:P

You won’t have to mime mate. Hold on to Josh and he’ll belt it out twofold at least 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Sending strength your way Mike.  I'm sure you'll deal with this as stoically as always. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I don’t think there’s hurdle out there that you can’t get over mate, and if you do get stuck my friend there’s no one on here who wouldn’t give you a lift up, we love you mate and are all rooting for you. 
My uncle in Canada had an artificial voice he got it in the mid 80s after a similar op to yourself, my auntie use to be mortified with him when they went shopping, his trick was to scare other shoppers kids, he would find it hilarious. 

Mike, I’ve just found this thread after seeing your MOM post yesterday. So sorry to read what you’ve been through over the past few weeks, it’s very brave to write such personal stuff, I hope it helps you in coming to terms. From my own experiences of losing loved ones I found it very helpful to talk to others, I’m sure the TT community will continue to support you as much as we can. Best wishes and stay strong. Geoff

Good morning Mike did you have a good night mate, hospital’s can be boring places to be at the best of time’s. 
Have you been able to organise a TV 📺 I thought I better highlight a television just in case someone thought I meant Transvestite, for watching the football, great news that you ended up with a such a big footy fan in your ward at least you can while away a few hours talking bollocks with each other😀, enjoy your scrambled eggs on toast mate😉👍

52 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not eaten anything solid for about six/eight weeks Palf so no eggs. TV is in place and internet speed is almost as good as at home. Being woken at six to have obs done no fun though! Slept fine, no snorers on the ward thank goodness and staff are brilliant. 

Didn’t realise you’d had no solids for so long mate that’s tough, sounds like a Bear Grylls form of extreme dieting😉 ,seems like you’re comfortable mate not an hotel but very bearable, with good staff a TV and internet sorted. And of course annoying fuckers like me disturbing your peace ☮️ 😂

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Well didn't expect this. Went as well as was possible apparently. 7.5 hours surgery, zero tongue removed (which should mean normal eating possible in time), no ICU just high dependency and now safely on ward,  being woken more than once an hour for obs, drips but not a problem floating in and out of consciousness. Quite pleasant in fact, must be the drugs😂. Not being able to speak feels a bit odd, I keep forgetting and attempting but nothing comes out, but no pain at all; again maybe the drugs.

Walk in the park so far, I imagine trials to come but so far so good 👍. Bit of internal bleeding earlier only issue so far but quickly sorted.

Glad it's gone well for you Mike.  Fingers crossed for a full recovery. Your positivity is humbling. 

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Well didn't expect this. Went as well as was possible apparently. 7.5 hours surgery, zero tongue removed (which should mean normal eating possible in time), no ICU just high dependency and now safely on ward,  being woken more than once an hour for obs, drips but not a problem floating in and out of consciousness. Quite pleasant in fact, must be the drugs😂. Not being able to speak feels a bit odd, I keep forgetting and attempting but nothing comes out, but no pain at all; again maybe the drugs.

Walk in the park so far, I imagine trials to come but so far so good 👍. Bit of internal bleeding earlier only issue so far but quickly sorted.

This has made my morning.

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

That’s brilliant news mate so pleased for you and the kids that it went so well👌

26 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Moved here Haf because I'm vaunting any good vibes juat yet but I'm OK thanks all things considered.

Tomorrow a big day though as I have "swallow test" to see if the reconstruction of my throat has been successful so I don't get food/drink in my lungs. If I pass then hopefully I'll be home later in the week but it's onlyb 50/50 that I ace it first time due to radiotherapy tissue damage done in 2014.

Alyway, Josh has told me that if I come home and Everton start losing I have to check myself back in again😕

I’ll drive you back if that happens 😉

59 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Moved here Haf because I'm vaunting any good vibes juat yet but I'm OK thanks all things considered.

Tomorrow a big day though as I have "swallow test" to see if the reconstruction of my throat has been successful so I don't get food/drink in my lungs. If I pass then hopefully I'll be home later in the week but it's onlyb 50/50 that I ace it first time due to radiotherapy tissue damage done in 2014.

Alyway, Josh has told me that if I come home and Everton start losing I have to check myself back in again😕

Fingers crossed for you mate.  Good old Josh getting his priorities right!!! 😆

• 2 weeks later...