IGNORED

Tim v Joel

Mogsy

Agreed mike and pad. I'm so glad he's coming good, we have a decent 6m investment in him and he's young, I really think he could gain steam and be our starter next season.

I just hope RM doesn't play favorites and benches Howard. He's back in training though so it could be soon.

I didn't think we'd paid that much for him?!

Likewise. Fine post; one goal conceded in the last four league games speaks for itself. I dismissed him completely but loving the humble pie.

Seem to be one or two on here who'd rather have their opinions proved right than Everton be successful. Baffling.

More pathetic than baffling to me tbh, just can't see how anyone would sooner see the team suffer just to massage their ego.

Seriously insecure and sad individuals.

I would walk round in s t shirt that said "I said Robles was shite how fucking stupid am I" if it meant him being as immense as De Gea for the entire time he played for us.

I want what's best for Everton not my ego.

He rushed out again in the first half similar to the goal we conceded against Krasnodar. Sterling this time dithered and put it wide. Think he's done well enough to keep the spot.

I said EXACTLY that to the fella behind me when that happened! My exact words after I unmelted like the cat from Tom and Jerry when it gets a fright off the floor were "I thought that was another Krasnador then"

Apart from that though he was steady. He commandshis area so muchbetter than Howard his distribution is MUCH better as well and he seems to dominate when crosses come in

It's still very earlydays and as everyone here knows I'm more of a pessamist but I honestly am very encouraged by his performances.

I didn't get the impression he was talking about you.

Have you popped a trip and have you got the blinds drawn peeking out every time a car gos passed? :P

Its insecure to make a statement and not name names. It's a shithouse way of being a nob. I highly doubt anybody would prefer Everton to lose just to be proved right. It's been suggested to me before (that's why I picked up on it) without the slightest bit of evidence. I'm not soft. Every defeat hurts/frustrates no matter what's been said in the build up. All I want is for the team to do well and right now we're either shit in defence or shit in attack there's just no inbetween.

Its insecure to make a statement and not name names. It's a shithouse way of being a nob. I highly doubt anybody would prefer Everton to lose just to be proved right. It's been suggested to me before (that's why I picked up on it) without the slightest bit of evidence. I'm not soft. Every defeat hurts/frustrates no matter what's been said in the build up. All I want is for the team to do well and right now we're either shit in defence or shit in attack there's just no inbetween.

You're preaching to the converted here brother!

I just don't have you pegged as someone who would rather us lose to be proved right so don't think it's you he's talking about.

Either way it's none of my business I suppose so I'm quietly tippy toeing out this thread before it goes off as I'm trying to be a none confrontational poster these days.

I promised myself I'd ignore you posts so just this one to clarify.

You didn't say you wanted Everton to lose to be proved right as far as I can recall so don't understand why you're being so defensive :huh:. You said you wanted there to be discord in the dressing room to prove you right and me wrong over the Distin situation that we disagreed on a few months back. That's beyond dispute and I can do a search and link it if you like.

I'm done arguing with you, it's a pointless exercise and I'm not going to be drawn into it.

I promised myself I'd ignore you posts so just this one to clarify.

You didn't say you wanted Everton to lose to be proved right as far as I can recall so don't understand why you're being so defensive :huh:. You said you wanted there to be discord in the dressing room to prove you right and me wrong over the Distin situation that we disagreed on a few months back. That's beyond dispute and I can do a search and link it if you like.

I'm done arguing with you, it's a pointless exercise and I'm not going to be drawn into it.

Great join the queue. But don't leave land mines and expect me not to step on them.

I think he's talking about 'billy Bullshit' and his willing Lukaku to fail to prove him right.

Can only agree with others, I'd gladly take serious egg on face and Everton move onwards, I guess with me it would be Martinez at the moment, I just can't stand the slow build up he seems to love, but if by mid next season we are still playing that way and it's working, then I'll have to change the way I look at this type of play.

I just want exciting football, I agree with a writter in the Daily Telegraph whilst talking about Everton fans, he said " They want Artists and fighters in tandem, not six yard passes going nowhere".

Point is yes that's what I want, but if it's the only way for Everton to move forward , I'll have to take the six yard passes.......forthe good of the club over what I want!

Once Joel learns to judge coming off his line a bit better I think we will have a very fine all round keeper. I think one v ones he is incredibly good at, he stays big and covers a lot of space, I would almost rather him try and save like this then rushing out at the feet of a quick striker..

Edited by Btay

Fuck off Roberto, you complete and utter idiot. You are going to allow Howard to come back in, despite the "reserve" keeping more clean sheets in 5 apps than Howard all season?! What does that say to the lad; "nice try mate, but you're not the stalwart here, back to the bench to you".

You play in form players FFS! I've defended Tim relentlessly, he is a very good 'keeper but he is not the future. Joel has proven that he has the potential to be, and you piss in his face in front of the media?! I'd be livid if I was Robles.

Fuck off Roberto, you complete and utter idiot. You are going to allow Howard to come back in, despite the "reserve" keeping more clean sheets in 5 apps than Howard all season?! What does that say to the lad; "nice try mate, but you're not the stalwart here, back to the bench to you".

You play in form players FFS! I've defended Tim relentlessly, he is a very good 'keeper but he is not the future. Joel has proven that he has the potential to be, and you piss in his face in front of the media?! I'd be livid if I was Robles.

Calm down you nut

Calm down you nut

It gets on my nerves when in form players are dropped for favourites, especially when they're young. It shows a lack of courage from Roberto, it shows a lack of faith in Robles, and it shows that no matter how well you perform, if there's a more senior player coming back from injury you're getting dropped regardless of your performances.

Moyes used to do it as well, pissed me right off.

I know Howards the number one keeper but if he drops Joel thats very bad management from Roberto, the young lads confidence is sky high at the minute and he's only going to get better with more game time especially against teams like Chelsea. Lets hope Bobby has only came out with this to keep Joel on his toes.

Posted this in the chelsea forum but thought it is appropriate here as well:

Optimal Back 4: Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines

Everton have played 33 games in all competitions

Howard has made 23.5 appearances; Joel has made 9.5 appearances

Howard has played behind the optimal back four in just 2.5 of those games. Everton won both games he played in the full 90 mins and kept one clean sheet. The game he was subbed at half due to injury they lost and i will put the loss on him as he was in goal when the penalty was conceded. 2 wins and a loss.

Howard has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 21 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 6-8-7 with 5 clean sheets.

Joel has played behind the optimal back four in 4.5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 1-2-1 with 2 clean sheets. I will not add the Stoke game to Joel's record.

Joel has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 0-2-3 with 1 clean sheet.

Overall record with optimal back four regardless of goalie: 3-2-2 with 3 clean sheets

Overall record without optimal back four regardless of goalie: 6-10-10 with 6 clean sheets

Tim Howard overall record: 8-8-8 with 6 clean sheets

Joel Robles overall record: 1-4-4 with 3 clean sheets

Posted this in the chelsea forum but thought it is appropriate here as well:

Optimal Back 4: Coleman, Stones, Jags, Baines

Everton have played 33 games in all competitions

Howard has made 23.5 appearances; Joel has made 9.5 appearances

Howard has played behind the optimal back four in just 2.5 of those games. Everton won both games he played in the full 90 mins and kept one clean sheet. The game he was subbed at half due to injury they lost and i will put the loss on him as he was in goal when the penalty was conceded. 2 wins and a loss.

Howard has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 21 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 6-8-7 with 5 clean sheets.

Joel has played behind the optimal back four in 4.5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 1-2-1 with 2 clean sheets. I will not add the Stoke game to Joel's record.

Joel has therefore played behind a "makeshift" back four in his other 5 appearances. Everton's record in those games is 0-2-3 with 1 clean sheet.

Overall record with optimal back four regardless of goalie: 3-2-2 with 3 clean sheets

Overall record without optimal back four regardless of goalie: 6-10-10 with 6 clean sheets

Tim Howard overall record: 8-8-8 with 6 clean sheets

Joel Robles overall record: 1-4-4 with 3 clean sheets

So the defence in front of him is to blame for him conceding constantly at his near post for instance? Nah, it's because he's a clown.