IGNORED

2017 Summer Transfer Window

In all honesty, my ideal scenario is that we spend 'big' on 2 or 3. 'Big' being relative to us of course! This means, hopefully, getting players of the calibre of Schneiderlin. Players that come in and make an impact on the first 11. This will be Koemans main input.

Then we maybe 'unearth' one or two relatively unknowns that turn out to be bargains. Like your Gana's, Mahrez, Vardy etc. Forget the players name for a moment, its about the price paid against the abdolute impact such players have had. This is Walsh's main input.

Then we give about 5 U23's a chance to play in the first team to fill in the blanks of a complete squad. Watching them last night, there are some tidy players there that need testing at a higher level. We are likely to have an early start to the season, so why not?

This for me if you want to break into the top 4 and stay there you need to buy the the best and they don't start at 10m.

i expect him to be good enough to start and play. If he's not, how can he prove himself?

he is, and if you read any chelsea journos they are dumbfounded he doesn't, fans as well. Conte just doesn't like him and wants a Costa bully or Llorente Big man. Michy isn't either.

Where do you get these valuations from? Sigurdsson alone is 25 million MINIMUM.

1 year left on a team getting relegated? every article i've read puts him at 15m max, no way at his age he goes for 25m. Charlie austin 3rd leading scorer went from 30m valuation to relegation 8m to soton. same will happen here. same thing happened with soton getting redmond on the cheap from norwich when they went down.

the relegated teams can't afford the wages and need the money to reinforce to go back up. it's a lose lose for them, they just need to cut and run.

Edited by markjazzbassist

he is, and if you read any chelsea journos they are dumbfounded he doesn't, fans as well. Conte just doesn't like him and wants a Costa bully or Llorente Big man. Michy isn't either.

1 year left on a team getting relegated? every article i've read puts him at 15m max, no way at his age he goes for 25m. Charlie austin 3rd leading scorer went from 30m valuation to relegation 8m to soton. same will happen here. same thing happened with soton getting redmond on the cheap from norwich when they went down.

the relegated teams can't afford the wages and need the money to reinforce to go back up. it's a lose lose for them, they just need to cut and run.

He signed a new contract in the summer didn't he? He was one of the players that used our interest to bump his wages.

"Amidst rumours of a £25 million move to Everton, he signed a new four-year deal on 2 August 2016" -Wikipedia.

Still though, if Swansea go down he wont be happy being held hostage for an extortionate fee. I'd be happy with £20m or so,

otherwise leave it.

I'd love him here. Work horse, great technique, scores goals, assists, awesome deal ball expert. Plus he wouldn't cost a bomb in wages.

If Rom Stays: Keeper, Right Back, Central Defender, Winger/Attacking Mid, Striker

If Rom leaves: Keeper, Right Back, Future Left Back, Central Defender, Winger, Attacking Midfielder, Striker x 2

Every position with the exception of defensive central mid seems about right. With schneiderlin, gana, davies, McCarthy, and besic, it's the only position I'm comfortable with our depth. Barry has another year on his contract but I'd really rather not see him play next season once McCarthy and besic are back healthy.

McCarthy seems to be injured most of the time and I'm not too certain Besic has a future either. We shall see. Barry has really struggled there and Davies is not really a defensive mid.

Not sure what you are getting at with the Davies bit. His role is clearly not as a forward, winger or attacking mid. I could see if you mean more of a deep-lying central midfielder, but you could say the same about Gana or Mccarthy, so it seems a bit like splitting hairs. That said, I've always liked Besic and like others have said, he seems to be a Koeman-esque player while Koeman clearly likes McCarthy. I think McCarthy still has a fair bit to offer as well, so hopefully both of them can stay healthy for a year and provide the depth we've been missing in that position for years.

I'm bored, here's my fantasy transfers.

Gk: ??, Joel, Stekelenberg

RB: Coleman,??, Kenny

RCB: Holgate,??, Pennington

LCB: Williams, Mori, Galloway

LB: ??, Baines, Garbutt

DM: Schneiderlin, Barry, Besic

CM: Davies, McCarthy, Gana

AM: ??, Barkley

LM: Mirallas, Lookman

RM: ??, Bolasie, Deulofeu

ST: Lukaku,??, DCL

I'd only upgrade the 'keeper if there is someone better than the likes of Joe Hart.

Back up RB if cheap. If not make do with Holgate and Kenny. Trippier and Cedric.

CB would be a must. Hopefully someone from the Italian league who is used to playing in a 3.

LB, if an upgrade is available.

If McCarthy is done, go for Carvalho.

AM definitely need some competition for Barkley, ideally an experienced player and not too good to keep Barkley out all the time. More someone to push Barkley to become the player he has the potential to be.

RM someone like Redmond or take a risk on someone from la liga maybe Correa. Willian if he can be convinced.

Back up striker. Assuming we keep Lukaku, doubt we'd get much quality as a second choice. Maybe stick with Valencia or go for an up and comer from the championship.

Handanovic, Trippier, Rodriguez or Robertson, Willian, Sigurdsson, Kodijia

I'd prioritise the CB, AM, ST positions.

Not sure what you are getting at with the Davies bit. His role is clearly not as a forward, winger or attacking mid. I could see if you mean more of a deep-lying central midfielder, but you could say the same about Gana or Mccarthy, so it seems a bit like splitting hairs. That said, I've always liked Besic and like others have said, he seems to be a Koeman-esque player while Koeman clearly likes McCarthy. I think McCarthy still has a fair bit to offer as well, so hopefully both of them can stay healthy for a year and provide the depth we've been missing in that position for years.

Davies looks more like a box-to-box midfielder. He's got the skillset so no point in forcing him to play deep.

I'd only upgrade the 'keeper if there is someone better than the likes of Joe Hart.

Back up RB if cheap. If not make do with Holgate and Kenny. Trippier and Cedric.

CB would be a must. Hopefully someone from the Italian league who is used to playing in a 3.

AM definitely need some competition for Barkley, ideally an experienced player and not too good to keep Barkley out all the time. More someone to push Barkley to become the player he has the potential to be.

RM someone like Redmond or take a risk on someone from la liga maybe Correa. Willian if he can be convinced.

Back up striker. Assuming we keep Lukaku, doubt we'd get much quality as a second choice. Maybe stick with Valencia or go for an up and comer from the championship.

GK: A certainty. Id take almost anyone! Schmiechal, Pickford, Butland Heaton in that order from this league. Not sure about anyone abroad.

RB: Content with Holgate as cover for Coleman, although would like Trippier if hes avaliable. Sign a hot prospect (Holgate will likely move to CB later in his career).

CB: VVD, Macquire, Gibson, Keane in that order. Koulibaily if the board feel like they want to spend 50 million!

LB: A hot prospect to rotate around Baines for the nex 2 years, no suggestions though.

CM/CDM: content.

CAM/Wide Forwards: Sigurdsson, Tieleman, Rooney, Zaha

STC: Need improvement even if Rom stays. Doleberg is going to be a class player, would like to see us go all out on him. Other than that I like the look of King, but not sure about any other foreign players.

I'd be really happy if we went for the players in bold. They're realistic targets (maybe except Dolberg) and I'd love to see them here.

Sell: Robles or Stek

Jagielka

Mori

Garbutt

McCarthy

Barry (I expect he may move to a club like Burnley to play more games as he seeks the record)

Cleverley (done deal on July 1st)

McGeady

Mirallas

Lennon (help him get back on track at a club like Leeds)

Geri (I personally would like to see him given another chance in a stronger EFC squad but don't see it happening)

Kone

Niasse

Valencia (don't re-sign)

I don't think there's much of a case for any of the above as we move forward so that's why I think we at least 10 new players - with the season likely to start in July this summer is the perfect summer to do it and bed them in.

Our target is top 4 (Champions obviously!) and silverware next season - we massively need to improve the quantity of quality we have to achieve this.

Not a fan of Gana? Seems more of a starter than a 3rd stringer.

Not a fan of Gana? Seems more of a starter than a 3rd stringer.

He was the kick up the arse the team needed, and set the standard fitness wise. But doesn't have the same footballing ability to excel at CM, or brains for DM. Useful player still, but just doesn't have that extra quality to kick us on.

He was the kick up the arse the team needed, and set the standard fitness wise. But doesn't have the same footballing ability to excel at CM, or brains for DM. Useful player still, but just doesn't have that extra quality to kick us on.

He's player of the season for us.

Works his arse off in the middle of the park and is better at breaking the play up than any other player in the EPL.

Essential to the way we play.

He's player of the season for us.

Works his arse off in the middle of the park and is better at breaking the play up than any other player in the EPL.

Essential to the way we play.

He went off the boil before christmas and we had our best work when he was in Africa. He's not been completely poor since coming back, but we're a better side without him in it. Doesn't offer much going forward, and can be a liability defensively as he gets caught on the wrong side of his man, and has a brainfart pass in him. If you want to man mark someone then fine, but mix it up and he's found wanting.

He went off the boil before christmas and we had our best work when he was in Africa. He's not been completely poor since coming back, but we're a better side without him in it. Doesn't offer much going forward, and can be a liability defensively as he gets caught on the wrong side of his man, and has a brainfart pass in him. If you want to man mark someone then fine, but mix it up and he's found wanting.

I can see his flaws. Sometimes he looks like he is unable to even square a ball 5 yards away from him! But IMO he does a hell of a lot more good than bad for the team.

Someone like Ozil isn't a good defender, someone like Gueye isn't a good attacker, but they're both quality at what they do and that thing for Gana is break up the play.

I can see his flaws. Sometimes he looks like he is unable to even square a ball 5 yards away from him! But IMO he does a hell of a lot more good than bad for the team.

Someone like Ozil isn't a good defender, someone like Gueye isn't a good attacker, but they're both quality at what they do and that thing for Gana is break up the play.

He breaks up our play as well though by slowing down the attack or not passing the ball cleanly. Gana is a terrier, I'd like more from someone in his position. Whereas McCarthy does both sides very well, and Davies looks the real deal that's why I'd have him as third pick.