Jump to content

Recommended Posts

How manage games and goals has he actually played for us? And minutes?

i read somewhere that he had made 10 appearances with one goal, but I’m guessing most of those ten were mere cameos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shukes said:

How manage games and goals has he actually played for us? And minutes?

i read somewhere that he had made 10 appearances with one goal, but I’m guessing most of those ten were mere cameos.

League wise 215 minutes no goals, no assists. The team have scored one when he's been on the pitch and conceded 7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he scored I think 13 goals in La Liga for Malaga last season which is a great return for a striker in lower end of that league, but when he's played for us he doesn't look like he's capable of hitting the target, does anyone know in what areas he scored his goals I can only imagine that they were tap ins cause I can't remember him hitting the target from more than 10 yards out, so if most of his goals are taken with in the 6 yard box he stands no chance in this team we struggle to get that far up the pitch.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Palfy said:

I know he scored I think 13 goals in La Liga for Malaga last season which is a great return for a striker in lower end of that league, but when he's played for us he doesn't look like he's capable of hitting the target, does anyone know in what areas he scored his goals I can only imagine that they were tap ins cause I can't remember him hitting the target from more than 10 yards out, so if most of his goals are taken with in the 6 yard box he stands no chance in this team we struggle to get that far up the pitch.:)

You'd be very wrong! He scored some belters, Inc. Freekicks.

Video has been posted on here. Or get yourself over to YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

You'd be very wrong! He scored some belters, Inc. Freekicks.

Video has been posted on here. Or get yourself over to YouTube.

 

My thoughts exactly -- he's scored some great goals which makes me think we're not doing something right with Sandro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

 

My thoughts exactly -- he's scored some great goals which makes me think we're not doing something right with Sandro.

So did Geri. I'm just not sure the gameplay translates in England for the younger players. Just looked at his highlight youtube vid, it's good but not great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matt said:

So did Geri. I'm just not sure the gameplay translates in England for the younger players. Just looked at his highlight youtube vid, it's good but not great

I also didn't think we got it right with Geri, but tbf, Geri had terrible conditioning and was selfish, though he could put in an amazing cross from time to time.

But I think you're hitting on something here... It's easy to forget that Sandro is only 21 (I know people hate this argument). He needs games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I also didn't think we got it right with Geri, but tbf, Geri had terrible conditioning and was selfish, though he could put in an amazing cross from time to time.

But I think you're hitting on something here... It's easy to forget that Sandro is only 21 (I know people hate this argument). He needs games.

Exactly. There's talent there, no doubt, but so far shown in a poorer quality, less physical league. Let him go out on loan and develop. 

I also think some people get too excited because he was cheap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

He was cheap, because his release clause was cheap. Atletico were interested in him, and the only reason he didn't go there is because they're under a transfer ban.

also he was cheap because he was a bit part player for barca and malaga weren't expecting what he did.  they were pissed the clause was that low after the season he had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 A team was upset that the release clause was too low but didn't sign him.;)

anotherteam who were rumoured to be interested was under a transfer embargo.;)

As I said nobody else showed any interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bill said:

 A team was upset that the release clause was too low but didn't sign him.;)

anotherteam who were rumoured to be interested was under a transfer embargo.;)

As I said nobody else showed any interest.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here... why would they sign him when he already played for them? :huh:

And we don't specifically know who all showed interest. That would be between Sandro, his agent, and his parent club at the time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here... why would they sign him when he already played for them? :huh:

The same reason they've signed Deulofeu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bill said:

 A team was upset that the release clause was too low but didn't sign him.;)

 

1 minute ago, Haiku said:

The same reason they've signed Deulofeu?

Missing the point people; MJB is saying Malaga were pissed the clause was low, not Barcelona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here... why would they sign him when he already played for them? :huh:

And we don't specifically know who all showed interest. That would be between Sandro, his agent, and his parent club at the time.

 

Yeah my bad, why did Malaga complain about the release clause when they themselves must have put it in his Contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah my bad, why did Malaga complain about the release clause when they themselves must have put it in his Contract.

Because he had a belting season so they know they could have got £15 - £20million. Such are the crazy prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yeah my bad, why did Malaga complain about the release clause when they themselves must have put it in his Contract.

They never- he did by all accounts. He insisted on it being in there or he wouldn’t sign, they had no choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

You'd be very wrong! He scored some belters, Inc. Freekicks.

Video has been posted on here. Or get yourself over to YouTube.

Good pleased to hear it just frustrating he hasn't shown any of that quality for us, I don't think he's hit the target for us most of his efforts have been way off the mark high and wide, how does moving from one league or team to another make your ability to kick a ball on target vanish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a young lad. Looks technically capable. Buzzes around full of energy, I think this one really does need time to settle. IMO he could do with getting more stuck in but that's not a Spanish trait. I also don't think he's an out and out number 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paddock said:

They never- he did by all accounts. He insisted on it being in there or he wouldn’t sign, they had no choice. 

I wonder how much are they willing to buy him back for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thought it was a don’t cameo from him today ,I’m still hopeful he will come goog once he has settled down

 

Yep he looked lively- I’m pinning my hopes he’ll provide some much needed goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×