IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

Awesome!

Bargain price. The clubs that were after him should speak volumes about the coup we have pulled off here.

Whoever it is...BK, Moshiri, Walsh, Koeman, all of them...they are selling a real vision for this club to the incoming players.

Let's give him time to settle and not expect perfection from the off!

Next.....!!!

I agree mate, let's give all the new lads every opportunity to settle in and find their feet.

I don't feel silly at all- I honestly thought we'd get gazumped last minute, it all seemed too strange to me but I was wrong, wont be the first time or the last.

Alls I care about is he's signed. Not overly enamoured over it if I'm honest, he'll have to prove himself in the prem before I get really excited, I wasn't hugely impressed by him for Spain this last tournemant but I'm hoping I'm wrong again and he proves me a doubter for a second time.

You're always wrong fella. Have a lie down

Ludicrous price, not sure how it stayed at the release clause. Watched him v Barca and in April I think, he looked excellent. 14 goals is a decent enough return... ah fuck it, dunno the how's and why's, he's ours and I wouldn't bet against him being the bargain of the summer.

Ludicrous price, not sure how it stayed at the release clause. Watched him v Barca and in April I think, he looked excellent. 14 goals is a decent enough return... ah fuck it, dunno the how's and why's, he's ours and I wouldn't bet against him being the bargain of the summer.

Because once its met the team (Malaga in this case) have to accept or they are in breach of contract and can be sued.

Because once its met the team (Malaga in this case) have to accept or they are in breach of contract and can be sued.

But I'm still pondering over this. If he's worth 12m, say, and we paid about half that (which Malaga are obliged to accept), what stops another team coming in for 8m? Why was there no bidding war? Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the outcome, but I'm still puzzled.

But I'm still pondering over this. If he's worth 12m, say, and we paid about half that (which Malaga are obliged to accept), what stops another team coming in for 8m? Why was there no bidding war? Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the outcome, but I'm still puzzled.

Because if someone bid over the release clause they would literally be throwing their money away, as a bid of 6ish is guaranteed to be accepted. I guess it's then up to the player to choose where he wants to go, if multiple teams trigger the release clause.

Edited by Hoof_It_Nev

why bid more when they HAVE to accept the £5.25m? they cant reject our bid of £5.25m. If other teams come in with the buy out clause then its up to the player, the team have no say in who he goes to. Doesn't matter what they bid, providing the clause is met then anything more is a waste of money.

why bid more when they HAVE to accept the £5.25m? they cant reject our bid of £5.25m. If other teams come in with the buy out clause then its up to the player, the team have no say in who he goes to. Doesn't matter what they bid, providing the clause is met then anything more is a waste of money.

I agree, but why was there no competition? If someone is worth 12m (and I'm making up a number), but did no-one bid over 5.25 million? The release clause is just the starting point in an auction. "Let's start the bidding at 5.25m for this wonderful young striker worth at least 12m. Do I hear 6m? 6m anyone? 7m? 7.5?" I still don't understand why no-one else put in a bid. If his true value is 5.25m, then I understand it, but everyone is saying this was a steal (i.e., we paid less than his worth). It's not throwing money away to pay 6m or 8m or 10m for someone whose worth is really 12m. At a minimum, you could buy him at a bargain basement price and sell him in January for 12m.

I'm not meaning to be awkward here, and maybe I'm just missing something completely, but why was there no bidding war if we got a steal?

In this case, it was a release clause, right? Either way, my question still stands: If we got the player at a bargain price, why was no-one else bidding? The release clause is a minimum, not a maximum.

Not sure how else to explain it, haha. There's could have been 10 other teams placing a bid of £5.2m on him for all we know. All of them would have been accepted and been allowed to offer the player a contract. Someone bidding £10m would be in exactly the same position, apart from looking a bit stupid.

I agree, but why was there no competition? If someone is worth 12m (and I'm making up a number), but did no-one bid over 5.25 million? The release clause is just the starting point in an auction. "Let's start the bidding at 5.25m for this wonderful young striker worth at least 12m. Do I hear 6m? 6m anyone? 7m? 7.5?" I still don't understand why no-one else put in a bid. If his true value is 5.25m, then I understand it, but everyone is saying this was a steal (i.e., we paid less than his worth). It's not throwing money away to pay 6m or 8m or 10m for someone whose worth is really 12m. At a minimum, you could buy him at a bargain basement price and sell him in January for 12m.

I'm not meaning to be awkward here, and maybe I'm just missing something completely, but why was there no bidding war if we got a steal?

Because the club have to accept any and all offers at the release clause. No club would bid more, because all offers at the release clause must be accepted and it's up to the player to decide where he goes. The player won't have his head turned by a higher offer; he'll go wherever he wants to go and wherever pays him the highest wages. Edited by nyblue23

Anthony Martial - £36 million, potentially rising to an £58 million, 11 French league goals after 29 appearances with a strong Monaco team France U21.....

SandroRamirez - £5.5 million., 16 goals in 31 appearances for mid table Malaga and Spain U21. I know which one seems like the better deal :yay:

Edited by Risco

Because the club have to accept any and all offers at the release clause. No club would bid more, because all offers at the release clause must be accepted and it's up to the player to decide where he goes. The player won't have his head turned by a higher offer; he'll go wherever he wants to go and wherever pays him the highest wages.

So are you saying that a club must accept the first offer it receives that meets the release clause, and this prevents other teams from subsequently bidding a higher amount?

So are you saying that a club must accept the first offer it receives that meets the release clause, and this prevents other teams from subsequently bidding a higher amount?

No your right in what you are asking.

Any offer that meets the clause is accepted. So why didn't anyone else try?

Why didnt Malaga also offer haha?