IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Lowensda said:

I know its still early but signs aren't great....

I feel sorry for him. There's a lot of potential there, but it won't emerge the way we're setting up right now. I can see Sandro thriving alongside players with pace. Pinballing from back to side to side to back to side to side etc. will just get him more and more frustrated.

4 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

I know its still early but signs aren't great....

It's not mate is it, his touch is poor, he doesn't seem to have a clinical composed eye for goal either. He's getting bullied by centre backs.

as you say it's very early but I see shades of Soldado in him.

hope I'm wrong though.

He is never going to be the type of player that mix the physically in the league up front on his own as he is being asked. 

He either needs to play alongside someone or we need to play him in behind and down channels a lot more. 

He seems technically very good but some of his first touches are Rom esque

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

How can someone be technically very good but have a shit first touch? :lol:

Exactly, it makes no sense! Remember when everyone was jizzing over his training vids, he looked technically superb and even in games 90% of what he does is technically very good but then one of his first touches will go 20 yards ahead of him! 

Just now, Bailey said:

Exactly, it makes no sense! Remember when everyone was jizzing over his training vids, he looked technically superb and even in games 90% of what he does is technically very good but then one of his first touches will go 20 yards ahead of him! 

I just hope that it's more because he's too eager when the ball comes to him. Lukaku more than made up for his inadequacies with a lot of goals and Sandro will not, and still Rom was slaughtered. So I cannot imagine how bad the boo boys will get with him if he doesn't improve.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just hope that it's more because he's too eager when the ball comes to him. Lukaku more than made up for his inadequacies with a lot of goals and Sandro will not, and still Rom was slaughtered. So I cannot imagine how bad the boo boys will get with him if he doesn't improve.

Yeh I hope so too, it might even be that he is under more physical pressure than he is used to. 

He looks like he can be a real handful but it just isn't translating through 90 mins

37 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh I hope so too, it might even be that he is under more physical pressure than he is used to. 

He looks like he can be a real handful but it just isn't translating through 90 mins

Think this is it. He's a very small striker for the premier league and seems to go down very easily. He needs to bulk up and get accustomed to the physicality of the league before we'll see anything very positive from him I think.

At times it looks like he's playing scared, even with his first touch.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, aaron said:

He's been played out of position, had a few injuries and is probably trying too hard to get that first goal. I still have faith he will become a decent striker (not right winger)

This for me. Play him up front with either DCL beside him or Rooney or Siguardson behind in the 10- give him a run of games- he can’t do any worse than what we’ve tried so far as we are not scoring. Niasse is shite, DCL holds it up well but is not a goalscorer- this lad can score. Play him where he is natural and see what happens.

It doesn't look like he has adapted to the league. Sometimes it takes time and requires the player to be out of the lime light (like Mkytarian) but we will have to wait and see. 

I thought he looked lively early on but he wasnt physical enough and as a result his first touch etc suffered.

Half this forum is hallucinating. Apart from a freak goal the lad has barely threatened an opposition goal. 

He may well come good, but there's been zero actual sign of that. 

Give him a chance my ass. Let him score a few in the 23s. He's 21 after all. Carp on about Niasse all you want, of the two I'd have my money Oumar actually scoring.