IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

probably smart, if we plan on keeping him we should send him to the championship or lower prem on loan to get used to the physical play.  going back to spain wont' help his development for the prem.

I highly doubt he'd accept a loan spell at a Championship club. A player can refuse that sort of move.

Feel sorry for this guy. Who was he brought in to replace? If he was our answer to Lukaku leaving then he should have been starting ahead of DCL every week. To me it seems like the fact we got him 'cheap' because of his contract situation mentally puts him down the pecking order. He hasn't shown anything amazing yet but who has? When we signed him he should have been our main striker or loaned out. Sitting on the bench getting a handful of minutes is bad business in terms of career progression and player value. This stinks of a player being frozen out because the current manager didn't sign him. 

To me it speaks volumes that Niasse has climbed above him in the pecking order despite his know limitations.

His loosing of footing and loose touches were more prominant and frequent than any moments of quality or inspiration this season.

Can’t see anyone purchasing him on his current wages. A loan to keep him developing would be ideal.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Loaning him out to a "lesser" club would be humiliating for the guy given his history and I'd not blame him for refusing it; hope he stays and fights for his chance because (imo) undoubtedly there's a player in there.

What history? A handful of games with Barcelona, a decent season with Malaga? 

I'd rather he went out and found some confidence, and if it is a self-belief issue, then being a big fish in a little pond might work out well for him

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

We shouldn’t be selling any of the new players least of all this lad- I get them getting twitchy over a 20 odd million pound player flopping and wanting to recuperate funds but we paic 5 mil for him, keep him and see if he develops and adapts to English football, he’s 21 ffs we have older players than that on the books in the rezzies.

Criminal if we let him go- even if he doesn’t adapt we’ll make money on him. 

Agree. It would be much more productive if we gave him some time and experience. At the worst it would up his value.

10 hours ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Feel sorry for this guy. Who was he brought in to replace? If he was our answer to Lukaku leaving then he should have been starting ahead of DCL every week. To me it seems like the fact we got him 'cheap' because of his contract situation mentally puts him down the pecking order. He hasn't shown anything amazing yet but who has? When we signed him he should have been our main striker or loaned out. Sitting on the bench getting a handful of minutes is bad business in terms of career progression and player value. This stinks of a player being frozen out because the current manager didn't sign him. 

But DCL, and then Niasse, played better than him. You can't play a guy just because he's a new signing. I don't buy that he or Klaassen didn't get chances. They did, and stood out for how poor they were in a very poor side. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

What history? A handful of games with Barcelona, a decent season with Malaga? 

I'd rather he went out and found some confidence, and if it is a self-belief issue, then being a big fish in a little pond might work out well for him

could also be the sunny beaches and bikini clad women of Malaga over the cold dreary weather and women of liverpool.  location is everything matt.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

could also be the sunny beaches and bikini clad women of Malaga over the cold dreary weather and fat women of liverpool.  location is everything matt.

You've clearly never been on a night out in Liverpool in the winter. The "clothes" the girls wear often make bikini clad women look overdressed ;)

And careful there matie, most of our mothers and sisters are from Liverpool :shakingfist: 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

You've clearly never been on a night out in Liverpool in the winter. The "clothes" the girls wear often make bikini clad women look overdressed ;)

And careful there matie, most of our mothers and sisters are from Liverpool :shakingfist: 

you married an american which probably backs up my statement even more :rofl:but you're right, i corrected the statement to remove "fat". 

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

As much as I don't think  we should be moving on players that have only been here six months and not gotten a real crack at things, I certainly don't think being fourth choice behind DCL, Niasse, and Tosun is what will help him adapt. Only downside is that his confidence is not likely to be improved at Newcastle given their position in the table and how they play/don't create many chances.

Give Eddie Howe a ring, maybe Bournemouth would take him on loan.

As much as I don't think  we should be moving on players that have only been here six months and not gotten a real crack at things, I certainly don't think being fourth choice behind DCL, Niasse, and Tosun is what will help him adapt. Only downside is that his confidence is not likely to be improved at Newcastle given their position in the table and how they play/don't create many chances.
Give Eddie Howe a ring, maybe Bournemouth would take him on loan.

The Newcastle that are only 5 points behind us and who create more chances than us?