IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

But Niasse adds more to the team because he can compete in the air and use his strength to get in front of defenders whereas Sandro was getting bundled off the ball too easily.

But he’s not getting any game time Baily- if he wants to start with Niasse- fine but at least have him as an option off the bench at the very very minimum he should be in the fezzies being blooded for the first team. If we were scoring goals for fun then fair enough but we aren’t and we have a striker who has proved he can score in a top league not even in n the squad.

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Niasse, DCL and Sandro up front...all have areas of their game to improve on but non of them stop moving, chasing, harassing...what a nightmare that would be for defenders!!!

Zero width. Three players all wanting to play down the centre, that's been one of our problems all season. 

15 hours ago, Paddock said:

But he’s not getting any game time Baily- if he wants to start with Niasse- fine but at least have him as an option off the bench at the very very minimum he should be in the fezzies being blooded for the first team. If we were scoring goals for fun then fair enough but we aren’t and we have a striker who has proved he can score in a top league not even in n the squad.

But who does he warrant getting ahead of? That's the problem, the bench is only so big and then we can only use 3 players. When you need players that can scrap, I don't think I'd have him over the ones selected. 

I would agree that reserve games would make sense but I wouldn't be surprised if he told them that he didn't want to. It' not very often that a 16 goal La Liga striker would play for the reserves when he isn't injured.

16 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Niasse, DCL and Sandro up front...all have areas of their game to improve on but non of them stop moving, chasing, harassing...what a nightmare that would be for defenders!!!

DCL pairs with both Niasse and Sandro nicely though I'm not sure Niasse and Sandro woud compliment each other

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

But who does he warrant getting ahead of? That's the problem, the bench is only so big and then we can only use 3 players. When you need players that can scrap, I don't think I'd have him over the ones selected. 

I would agree that reserve games would make sense but I wouldn't be surprised if he told them that he didn't want to. It' not very often that a 16 goal La Liga striker would play for the reserves when he isn't injured.

I would have him on the Bench as well as Niasse or DCL- if we’re struggling for goals why would you not have a striker who we know can score goals at the top level on it. He wouldn’t have a choice, if he’s picked for the rezzies he’d have to play.

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

How manage games and goals has he actually played for us? And minutes?

i read somewhere that he had made 10 appearances with one goal, but I’m guessing most of those ten were mere cameos.

League wise 215 minutes no goals, no assists. The team have scored one when he's been on the pitch and conceded 7.

I know he scored I think 13 goals in La Liga for Malaga last season which is a great return for a striker in lower end of that league, but when he's played for us he doesn't look like he's capable of hitting the target, does anyone know in what areas he scored his goals I can only imagine that they were tap ins cause I can't remember him hitting the target from more than 10 yards out, so if most of his goals are taken with in the 6 yard box he stands no chance in this team we struggle to get that far up the pitch.:)

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

I know he scored I think 13 goals in La Liga for Malaga last season which is a great return for a striker in lower end of that league, but when he's played for us he doesn't look like he's capable of hitting the target, does anyone know in what areas he scored his goals I can only imagine that they were tap ins cause I can't remember him hitting the target from more than 10 yards out, so if most of his goals are taken with in the 6 yard box he stands no chance in this team we struggle to get that far up the pitch.:)

You'd be very wrong! He scored some belters, Inc. Freekicks.

Video has been posted on here. Or get yourself over to YouTube.

Just now, Matt said:

So did Geri. I'm just not sure the gameplay translates in England for the younger players. Just looked at his highlight youtube vid, it's good but not great

I also didn't think we got it right with Geri, but tbf, Geri had terrible conditioning and was selfish, though he could put in an amazing cross from time to time.

But I think you're hitting on something here... It's easy to forget that Sandro is only 21 (I know people hate this argument). He needs games.

3 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I also didn't think we got it right with Geri, but tbf, Geri had terrible conditioning and was selfish, though he could put in an amazing cross from time to time.

But I think you're hitting on something here... It's easy to forget that Sandro is only 21 (I know people hate this argument). He needs games.

Exactly. There's talent there, no doubt, but so far shown in a poorer quality, less physical league. Let him go out on loan and develop. 

I also think some people get too excited because he was cheap

1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

He was cheap, because his release clause was cheap. Atletico were interested in him, and the only reason he didn't go there is because they're under a transfer ban.

also he was cheap because he was a bit part player for barca and malaga weren't expecting what he did.  they were pissed the clause was that low after the season he had.

34 minutes ago, Bill said:

A team was upset that the release clause was too low but didn't sign him.;)

anotherteam who were rumoured to be interested was under a transfer embargo.;)

As I said nobody else showed any interest.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here... why would they sign him when he already played for them? :huh:

And we don't specifically know who all showed interest. That would be between Sandro, his agent, and his parent club at the time.

1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here... why would they sign him when he already played for them? :huh:

And we don't specifically know who all showed interest. That would be between Sandro, his agent, and his parent club at the time.

Yeah my bad, why did Malaga complain about the release clause when they themselves must have put it in his Contract.

6 hours ago, Newty82 said:

You'd be very wrong! He scored some belters, Inc. Freekicks.

Video has been posted on here. Or get yourself over to YouTube.

Good pleased to hear it just frustrating he hasn't shown any of that quality for us, I don't think he's hit the target for us most of his efforts have been way off the mark high and wide, how does moving from one league or team to another make your ability to kick a ball on target vanish.