IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I'm not sure settling in is going to help him. Looks to be a poor purchase.

I thought he did well today in doing the dirty work... the stuff he has to do to adapt to the English game as opposed to Spain where he can only score goals and do fine.

He made efforts and often succeeded in winning aerial battles, providing an outlet for DCL, and holding the ball up. He didn't do much when he did get an attacking position but none of us did today. It was DCL versus the Chelsea defense in the first half and DCL + Sandro in the second. Only support came sparingly from Sigurdsson (mostly anonymous today) and occasionally Kenny would bomb forward.

As for poor purchase? Can't be described as one because he only cost 5.3m pounds - He was a Barcelona youth product who is young (22) and scored 20+ goals in a top league last year... Even if he doesn't make it here, the logic int he transfer made sense because it was a largely asymmetrical risk (finance concept). High upside, very minimal downside (low transfer fee)

7 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I thought he did well today in doing the dirty work... the stuff he has to do to adapt to the English game as opposed to Spain where he can only score goals and do fine.

He made efforts and often succeeded in winning aerial battles, providing an outlet for DCL, and holding the ball up. He didn't do much when he did get an attacking position but none of us did today. It was DCL versus the Chelsea defense in the first half and DCL + Sandro in the second. Only support came sparingly from Sigurdsson (mostly anonymous today) and occasionally Kenny would bomb forward.

As for poor purchase? Can't be described as one because he only cost 5.3m pounds - He was a Barcelona youth product who is young (22) and scored 20+ goals in a top league last year... Even if he doesn't make it here, the logic int he transfer made sense because it was a largely asymmetrical risk (finance concept). High upside, very minimal downside (low transfer fee)

I'm defining poor purchase in terms of someone who doesn't offer anything to the squad.

I don't care if we make 10m on him, but i care if he makes a difference to a match.

3 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

I'm defining poor purchase in terms of someone who doesn't offer anything to the squad.

I don't care if we make 10m on him, but i care if he makes a difference to a match.

Fair enough.

Very clear he can't play alone up top and he's not a proper wide man either. Which means we'd likely have to change shape to play him (and likely leave out Rooney, which is a scary thought).

With that being said, I think if he played alongside DCL against some of the weaker opposition where we actually saw the ball and would throw players forward, we'd start to see him come good.

He offered no end product today, but neither did everyone's favorite new player (DCL) and for the first time showed some willingness to do the dirty work.

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

Completely useless today don't understand why Sam put him on.

He used today as a "we're expected to lose, lets rotate a bit". 

I'd give Sandro the first half at WBA, and he serves up the same then loan him out in January. He's not really been given a chance of a run of games, which won't help, but that said, he's not really taken his limited opportunities well at all

Really feel for the lad if it's true Malaga want him back then we should let him return, why cast him to U23s and potentially ruin his career, from what we've seen its not going to happen for him here whether because he doesn't fit with us or the league is above his ability, so get rid and free up the wages.

• 3 weeks later...