IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

11 minutes ago, Paddock said:

If we’re playing him it has to be his natural position not wide in a front 3- he’s low on confidence so needs to start in his natural position.

From what I have seen of him, its hard to tell what his natural position is. Just off the front man would be my guess, just like half of our squad!

I just took a look at his Wiki page to see if it mentioned where he played and I thought these stats made interesting reading. For a striker in Barca B, those stats are pretty average I expect, Geri's were better and bar one season at Malaga where he was 1 in 2 he has been more like 1 in 4 playing for teams far superior to the opposition.

image.png.5f17637355af0e07e58de6239d5224da.png

The lad has something. That's not to say he is a world beater, but he's definitely not shit.

The problem is for us fans it that we tend to look at younger players in 2 categories: Gonna be shit, or Gonna be a Worldie.

My argument is simple - He has more to offer us than he has done so far. Why he hasn't been able to do it so far, that's up for debate.

14 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

The lad has something. That's not to say he is a world beater, but he's definitely not shit.

The problem is for us fans it that we tend to look at younger players in 2 categories: Gonna be shit, or Gonna be a Worldie.

My argument is simple - He has more to offer us than he has done so far. Why he hasn't been able to do it so far, that's up for debate.

Because he’s not heen picked as a 9 has been played out of position in a pedestrian team that is playing shite.

23 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Because he’s not heen picked as a 9 has been played out of position in a pedestrian team that is playing shite.

But as far as I know (and please some correct me if I am wrong) he was played as a 10 for Malaga. He definitely played as a 10 for Spain U21.

He isn't quick enough to play out wide, where we're short of options. He isn't strong enough or clinical enough to play 9, where we are desperate. Even if he is good at 10, we already have 15 players who prefer to play just there. So again... Why sign him?? 

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

many didn't see the hype in niasse either look how that's worked out.  for someone who was banging on about oumar it does surprise me to see you writing sandro off.

Which part of me saying "I'm not writing him off by any stretch" made you think I'm writing him off? 

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

You mean our leading goal scorer?

im not writing him off by any stretch, but I don't really see the hype

Yes that’s him- who lets be honest is shite but gets by with hard work, Sandro has scored goals for an average team in a top European league- he’ll come good but he needs to play. He’s not even getting a game for the rezzies Matt to get him match fit and used to our game, it’s fucking ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don’t care what he’s done with other teams. It’s what he does for us that counts, and so far he has looked poor. He needs more time to adapt and he may come good.

While Niasse has looked a better option for us.

ironic, niasse looked shit when he first came here too.  gave him time, now everyone loves him.  maybe we just need unsy to take away his locker for everyone to get behind sandro.

4 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Yes that’s him- who lets be honest is shite but gets by with hard work, Sandro has scored goals for an average team in a top European league- he’ll come good but he needs to play. He’s not even getting a game for the rezzies Matt to get him match fit and used to our game, it’s fucking ridiculous.

Shite? Well he's scoring which makes up for other weaknesses in my book.

It is weird he's not even getting games in the reserves, but then again, the whole club is fucking weird right now... 

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

"is he though?  works hard but thats all i see" .  ironic since that is niasse to a T.

Is he good enough to be on the bench? Ahead of who? Well, ahead of Rooney at the minute I guess :lol:

Ironic? Not really; Sandro may well have done well in Spain, but so far he's struggled at Everton and hard work + no goals isn't the same as hard work and scoring goals. There is no irony to be had there.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to knock him, I'm not writing him off. I don't see the big deal about him but he's young and having to adapt to a tougher league in a club that's been self-imploding. I look forward to being proven wrong, though just looking his stats up, I've seen several reports saying he wants to go back to Spain so we might never know

2 hours ago, Paddock said:

But Niasse adds more to the team because he can compete in the air and use his strength to get in front of defenders whereas Sandro was getting bundled off the ball too easily.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

But Niasse adds more to the team because he can compete in the air and use his strength to get in front of defenders whereas Sandro was getting bundled off the ball too easily.

Sandro was hitting the floor more than the ball.... I liked what I seen in sandro but he needs to adapt.  Far too lightweight for a bloke with a good build. 

Coming to a new league won't be easy in itself couple that with being played out of position and in a massively disjointed side it's going to be hard for the lad to adjust 

He's over eager as well you can tell he wants to impress, he needs a goal and a run of games imo he definitely has something about him more than enough to fob and right him off taking the above into account