IGNORED

Sandro Ramirez

I think we can be fairly certain that Everton weren't the only club in for Sandro. Once the clause is triggered, it's up to the player where they would like to sign. He could've stayed at Malaga if he wanted to. He could've gone to any club that met the release clause. So, it would appear that we offered him the best combination of things that he was looking for, whether that means wages, opportunities, career prospects, concubines, etc.

So are you saying that a club must accept the first offer it receives that meets the release clause, and this prevents other teams from subsequently bidding a higher amount?

The club must accept ANY offer that meets the release clause.

Why would anyone offer to pay, say, £12million, when they only have to pay £5million?

There's no point in offering to pay several million more when every offer above the release clause has to be accepted.

At the point of clubs meeting the clause, It's upto the player to decide where he wants to go.

If they did, Sandro would not have sold for the minimum possible price - supply and demand, and all that.

Are you being serious?!!

So if there was a business for sale and every offer above £1million HAD to be accepted, you'd go in and offer £5million...in the knowledge that even the £1million offers would be accepted equally?

Pay less £££ for him offer him a bigger signing on fee- anyone offering more wouldn't stand a chance unless they spent stupid money on buying him and extras.

You can bet your bottom dollar his agent negotiated Sandro a good signing on fee and bonuses/wages because he was so cheap.

Steve, if you walk into a shop and a case of beer is £10 but you think it's worth more would you go to the check out and give them £15?

They have to accept every offer £5.25m, every single one. They might have one club offer it, they might have 20, every single one is accepted. Offering anymore would not help you buy the player.

Once £5.25m has been offered you can then negotiate with the player.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being a minimum and not a maximum. It's neither, its the exact price and no one will ever offer more than that.

Absolutely this.

Everton will have just put together an incredibly lucrative package by comparison to what our rivals may be offering.

Hopefully an attractive package rather than a purely lucrative one; if he's made his decision based only on the money on offer I'd worry about his attitude. Like to believe we sold him on the club's potential rather than just threw more cash at him than anyone else.

If they did, Sandro would not have sold for the minimum possible price - supply and demand, and all that.

Ill have a go at explaining:

A player has a one pound release clause

Team 1 offers 1 pound and bid is accepted

Team 2 offers 2 pounds and bid is accepted

Team 2 does not get any advantage because they bid more as the player gets to talk to both teams as the seller has to accept all bids above 1 pound.

The only reason a club has to start a bidding war is to gain the advantage of being the only club (or the first club) to talk terms with the player. When a release clause has been met, no such advantage can be gained.

A release clause is very much like a cow's udder. Once you start squeezing the udder, the milk usually comes out. If it doesn't, you're either not squeezing hard enough, or you're squeezing the wrong udder. The udder in our organisation is Bill Kenwright. Bill likes to be squeezed, but not too much. You basically have to get the milk without overly disturbing the cow. This is a hard task to master and takes a very stable, gentle hand. Capish?

Hopefully an attractive package rather than a purely lucrative one; if he's made his decision based only on the money on offer I'd worry about his attitude. Like to believe we sold him on the club's potential rather than just threw more cash at him than anyone else.

I think it's a bit of everything. He was stupid cheap which means his agent will of exploited this to get a better wage etc but I think our project with him being so young appealed knowing he can develop here and not have massive pressure on him. I also think we'll of guaranteed him first team football.

Overall it's a complete package for the lad.

Saw an article yesterday about how we have smashed our wage structure. Apparently Sandro is our 2nd highest earner on 120k ( rooney 150k) a week! Klaassen is 3rd on 100k followed by Keane and Pickford on 90k.

Those wages seem a bit silly to me. I can't see much truth in it.

Saw an article yesterday about how we have smashed our wage structure. Apparently Sandro is our 2nd highest earner on 120k ( rooney 150k) a week! Klaassen is 3rd on 100k followed by Keane and Pickford on 90k.

That's a lot but not that surprising given the high inflation of perceived money influx to the league. Everybody thinks they have more money than they do.

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but: http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-league/story/3155266/premier-league-clubs-failing-financially-losing-an-average-of-876,000-per-day-study

If we want to compete with the best we need to pay comparable wages. This isn't even close to city Chelsea united arsenal. It will continue to rise. New stadium and champs league will cover it ?