By the way, just to underline that he did mention Sam in this interview by saying; "When I first arrived, I wasn't ready because Turkish league was on a break and EPL was going on, Sam said 'We need to work on your physical attributes' and I've started to do some extra training after scheduled training. After that he informed me on that he will use me as a substitute for a couple of upcoming matches, just to protect me."
I think my fellow Turkish friend@Tanora forgot to translate that part but I think it is an important part just because of some reactions which were posted here while Cenk wasn't playing as a starter.  On this subject, even I was thinking Sam was humiliating him by not letting him play but according to Cenk, Sam was trying to protect him from the fans with high expectations and Sam kindly informed him about it.
Of course, this does not justify how terrible manager he is

Jesus even Cenk is part of the conspiracy

As long as Cenk is sincere about being "not ready for the league" on his arrival, Sam deserves credit for this kind of protection, I agree with you. It is an unexpected sensitivity from a person who is known for his "I managed to do..." when everything goes great and "Team couldn't manage to do..." when everything goes bad kind of attitudes.

Give the devil his due I guess the closest idiom in English to what we say in Turkish; "Criticize the man but do not be unfair to him" if I try to translate.

11 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Thought he was excellent today considering how isolated he was, looked proper gutted at the final whistle as well

Proper centre forward this lad.  Tremendous attitude.

I watched both derbies.... our derby and the Manc derby.  To say that tosun has a more rounded game and better attitude than lukaku is a huge understatement. 

I actually think there is a goalscorer in tosun.  Its' just a pity he has to play for such a sterile manager and weak minded team mates. 

I thought there would have been a few moans about him throwing his arms up in frustration throughout the second half ;) 

Personally, I didn't have a problem with that because what was going on behind him was a bit shit like.

56 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought there would have been a few moans about him throwing his arms up in frustration throughout the second half ;) 

Personally, I didn't have a problem with that because what was going on behind him was a bit shit like.

He actually wanted to win the game, something his manager didn’t.  I can’t blame him for being upset with shit tactics to get him the ball.  I saw it and noticed the hands up as well, he gets a pass this time.

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

He actually wanted to win the game, something his manager didn’t.  I can’t blame him for being upset with shit tactics to get him the ball.  I saw it and noticed the hands up as well, he gets a pass this time.

It was said tongue in cheek.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah I'm all for that when a player is prepared to put the hard yards in himself. 

When you see a Roy Keane, Peter Reid, Souness type player do it... a player who will sweat for the shirt it inspires.

When you see a lazy fucker like lukaku trot around and moan at teammates it's annoying... 

20 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Yeah I'm all for that when a player is prepared to put the hard yards in himself. 

When you see a Roy Kea

ne, Peter Reid, Souness type player do it... a player who will sweat for the shirt it inspires.

When you see a lazy fucker like lukaku trot around and moan at teammates it's annoying... 

In the Sunday Times 'man marking' (Man U v Man C) Lukaku was given 6/10 with the comment 'As ever,  workrate could not be faulted............United failed to give him consistent service'.

As soon as I read 'workrate could not be faulted' I thought of you Haf.:D

2 hours ago, johnh said:

In the Sunday Times 'man marking' (Man U v Man C) Lukaku was given 6/10 with the comment 'As ever,  workrate could not be faulted............United failed to give him consistent service'.

As soon as I read 'workrate could not be faulted' I thought of you Haf.:D

Funny.... he has actually improved his workrate for them more than I've ever seen him do for us.

Quite frankly he had no respect for our club or fans. 

59 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That won’t stop Haf emoji14.png

Most people say I cant wait to retire so I can be lazy and do nothing..... he does that already!!! Lol

55 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That won’t stop Haf emoji14.png

"Puts his bloody feet up at 8.00 every evening (that should be foot because he only has one) and gets his missus to fetch his pipe and slippers the lazy bastard; throws his arms in the air if she doesn't pass him the remote when he asks for it, he should be going to get the fucking thing himself:mad:!"

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

"Puts his bloody feet up at 8.00 every evening (that should be foot because he only has one) and gets pogba to fetch his pipe and slippers the lazy bastard; throws his arms in the air if he doesn't pass him the remote when he asks for it, he should be going to get the fucking thing himself:mad:!"

True...