IGNORED

The Everton Question

the reason I asked the question was to judge how far we have fallen,  once upon a time most folk would have criticised me for settling for a euro spot.  :(

instead of which my expectations and hopes look far too high these days.  I wish I could explain what it used to be like when you expected to win every game before kick of.

Ideally I’d like us to finish next outside the “big 6” and have a good cup run.

more importantly- I want us to show signs of progression, develop and commit to a style of football. Transfer targets that improve us for this season and seasons to come. Results may not come this year but as long as there are signs of us progessing. Too many games last year we had no game plan or intensity. 

1) the treble

2) a cup + top 8 finish 

3) not settling, but I expect more of the same for next season with a new manager, changes, undoing the damage of the previous manager etc. Expect an 8-10th place finish. 

4) unhappy, if we continue with the disorganisation on and off the pitch, less than 10th, shite cup runs, no plan, no identity, no integrity

I would be happy to watch a game of football and be able to say to myself we were fucking awesome today and to go away buzzing, that's how far we have fallen in my estimation cause I haven't had that feeling for over 2 seasons, so that would be a good start for me  and the rest can follow.

I expect us to finish 7th BUT push hard for 6th. I expect us to have much better cup runs.

However, the most important thing for me at the moment is that we 'settle down'. We play with purpose. We find our strongest starting 11. We fear no one. We progress.

It's not about accepting, it's about being realistic.

I'll be pissed off if the circus act of the past 12 months continues.

11 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I expect us to finish 7th BUT push hard for 6th. I expect us to have much better cup runs.

However, the most important thing for me at the moment is that we 'settle down'. We play with purpose. We find our strongest starting 11. We fear no one. We progress.

It's not about accepting, it's about being realistic.

I'll be pissed off if the circus act of the past 12 months continues.

That'll do for me, other than the opportunity for "cup runs" is dictated to a large extent by the draws we get; plus you have to remember I'll never see us win the league cup even if I live as long as the Face of Boe.

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

That'll do for me, other than the opportunity for "cup runs" is dictated to a large extent by the draws we get; plus you have to remember I'll never see us win the league cup even if I live as long as the Face of Boe.

That's where the players get their "we'll never win against Arsenal during my playing career" negativity from......MikeO!