• Theo Walcott
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Tom Davies
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • André Gomes
    • Richarlison
    • Djibril Sidibé
    • Bernard

Current Player of the Season standings....
Yerry Mina...90
Dominic Calvert-Lewin...85
Richarlison...81
Mason Holgate...61
Djibril Sidibé...56
Bernard...52
Tom Davies...49
Lucas Digne...48
Jordan Pickford...34
André Gomes...29
Seamus Coleman...27
Fabian Delph...25
Alex Iwobi...22
Leighton Baines...13
Morgan Schneiderlin...11
Theo Walcott...7
Moise Kean...6
Gylfi Sigurðsson...5
Cenk Tosun...4
Michael Keane...3
Jean-Philippe Gbamin...1

Previous MOTM winners...
Arsenal (A)...Richarlison
Crystal Palace (H)...Richarlison
Watford (A)...Mason Holgate
Newcastle (H)...Bernard
Brighton (H)...Bernard
Liverpool (A FA Cup)...Conceded due to outbreak of African trypanosomiasis in EFC squad
Manchester City (A)...Seamus Coleman & Yerry Mina tie
Newcastle (A)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Burnley (H)...Djibril Sidibé
Arsenal (H)...Yerry Mina
Leicester City (H League Cup)...Leighton Baines
Manchester United (A)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Chelsea (H)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Liverpool (A)...Yerry Mina
Leicester (A)...Djibril Sidibé
Norwich (H)...Tom Davies
Southampton (A)...Tom Davies
Tottenham (H)...Tom Davies
Watford (H-League Cup)...Mason Holgate & Theo Walcott tie
Brighton (A)...Mason Holgate & Tom Davies tie
West Ham (H)...André Gomes
Burnley (A)...Yerri Mina
Manchester City (H)...Seamus Coleman
Sheffield Wednesday (A)...Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Sheffield United (H)...Lucas Digne
Bournemouth (A)...Lucas Digne
Wolves (H)...Fabian Delph
Lincoln City (A)...Lucas Digne
Aston Villa (A)...Yerry Mina
Watford (H)...Yerry Mina
Crystal Palace (A)...Jordan Pickford

Baines over the 90 for me, solid and barely put a foot wrong shame Sigurdssen wasn't better support. Might swap to Davies though, unsure if he played a part in their goal. He was excellent second half and really helped Gomes through the game, his ball to DCL would make Ronaldinho proud. 

18 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Baines over the 90 for me, solid and barely put a foot wrong shame Sigurdssen wasn't better support. Might swap to Davies though, unsure if he played a part in their goal. He was excellent second half and really helped Gomes through the game, his ball to DCL would make Ronaldinho proud. 

Digne shouldn't be an automatic pick when fit now, Baines the man in possession and deserves to keep it; his age may catch up with him at some point but you can't drop a guy after the way he played today, and Lucas has been below par for a while now anyway.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Digne shouldn't be an automatic pick when fit now, Baines the man in possession and deserves to keep it; his age may catch up with him at some point but you can't drop a guy after the way he played today, and Lucas has been below par for a while now anyway.

Digne has needed dropping for a while. Need a quicker player than Sigurdssen if we're gonna play Baines though. 

DCL should have won us the game today with a slightly lucky brace (a charge down and a big deflection). But his work rate is absolutely different level. He ran, tackled, headed, hounded and pressed all over the pitch today, and was involved in most of our good football too. He's oozing confidence atm and rightly so, but the example every other player in our squad should take from him is his fitness and work rate. Turning himself into a legend. 

Went for DCL, had two good goals today. Worked so hard. Won everything in the air, apart from at set pieces where it was a joke how many balls Maguire won. 

Loving watching DCL and Richarlison play together at the moment. 
This team isn’t far away from being a real contender, just two or three players and we could give anybody a game. 

Was a toss up between DCL and Baines but I went with the old man. That was probably one of the formers best games for the club but it was also the formers best game for a long time. I didn't know he still had that in him.

Keane was really good across the 90 too, Davies was much better in the second half and Bernard came on and showed why he should start every week. 

I am a little surprised by the Richarlison shouts personally. Constantly going down first half, should have scored from a peach of a Baines cross and generally underwhelmed with his decision making despite working his nuts off. 

On 02/03/2020 at 11:22, MikeO said:

I couldn't believe, after a performance like that, that Alan Shearer (plus Linekar of course) was on MOTD and he didn't even get a mention. It was all about United.

Disgraceful.

Linekar has a mental block when it comes to Everton, he mustn’t have enjoyed his time here, I hope he wasn’t upset by swearing in the crowd😉

Just now, Palfy said:

Linekar has a mental block when it comes to Everton, he mustn’t have enjoyed his time here, I hope he wasn’t upset by swearing in the crowd😉

Actually my mistake on MOTD because it was Mark Chapman presenting, but still strange given that he's on record as saying that Everton was the best club side he ever played in.