IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

Can't help but thinking that selling rodwell is like selling a lottery ticket. Could turn out to be the best £15-£20m we have made, could also turn out to be the sale of the next superstar on the cheap.

Agreed....I wouldn't want to make the decision :o . Fortunately I don't have to.

Agreed....I wouldn't want to make the decision :o . Fortunately I don't have to.

Ross barkley may have a big say on rodwell in more ways than one. Will his introduction inspire rodders to new heights? Will he ease the burden of being the next big thing? Or more likely will his introduction mean retaining rodders ain't as vital?

Or we could end up with two very capable footballers running our midfield and not cost us a penny.

Oh to dream of the day where we could actually be allowed to keep world class talent and not sell...

Put lescott, pienaar, Rooney in our team now and you would looking at top 4 maybe???

It think we should keep Rodwell

I believe he will come good and when he does....

Imagine this:

-----Barkley------

Fellaini-Rodwell--

I don't know about you, but I like the look of it :D

Would definitely love to keep Rodwell if he can reach his expected potential. Watching him hit bombs would be a treat every other week. However, I can see how it would be hard to turn down the potential 30 million the rest of you keep talking about... nearly impossible. Fellaini worries me with injuries though. He's class when fully fit, but he seemed to be a blur to me last season. Barkley is still youn but looks to have a good future in the midfeild. All I can think about though is the lack of quality on the left and up top -- here's to hoping our strikers hit form this season.

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted that in the crouchy thread

Please god no - a straight swap? For a 31 year old on 70k a week. Throw in Kranjcar as well and I might be interested.

The straight swap makes no financial sense to me, the extra 10mill would be required for his wages over a 3 year deal, in 3 years he is 34,no resale no nothing

And Redknapp is a wanker