IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

their decline coincided with a drop in form of Lukaku -

Possibly but there's no way of knowing (unless you're a WBA fan who watched all their games in 2013) whether the teams lack of points was down to Lukaku playing badly or whether he was playing badly because the team weren't providing him with the ammunition. Personally I don't have a clue which one it was because I didn't see enough of them.....be surprised if anyone on here did.

Blimey you dislike him almost as much as I dislike Moyes.

Some similar soundbites that apply to both managers. At least mourinho has charisma and is clever though. One big difference is he wouldn't have bottled the games that Moyes did for us.

I agree though, football is entering a new age and we have a new age manager.

Obviously he's a great manager and far better than Moyes, but the way his sycophants talk about him you'd think he was flawless. The English media are an embarrassment in their slavish devotion to him.

He's a total wanker. I notice he's went from being a good looking man to looking like a 65 year old tramp in the space of a year or two. Is this a coincidence or is he feeling the pressure of life?

i do watch all the WBA games with my teenage son who became a WBA fan in 2012 after he could not handle Moyes any longer -

Anichebe has only scored 1 goal and Shane Long is coming short as a main striker , Anelka and Rosenberg are over the wall -

WBA have not been playing too badly - lost 6 points due to very poor refereeing - they have received the only 2 official apologies from refs this season-

they beat United away and drew against Chelsea away with 10 seconds to go -

their main problem is failing to replace Lukaku after they finished 8th last season -

all i am saying is that there is a lesson to be learned from that for Everton

i do watch all the WBA games with my teenage son who became a WBA fan in 2012 after he could not handle Moyes any longer -

Anichebe has only scored 1 goal and Shane Long is coming short as a main striker , Anelka and Rosenberg are over the wall -

WBA have not been playing too badly - lost 6 points due to very poor refereeing - they have received the only 2 official apologies from refs this season-

they beat United away and drew against Chelsea away with 10 seconds to go -

their main problem is failing to replace Lukaku after they finished 8th last season -

all i am saying is that there is a lesson to be learned from that for Everton

The lesson I've learnt is that Moyes had turned an evertonian into an Albion fan..... Stackable offence in itself

right he would be with us the rest of the season but at the end of it he would head to atletico. but if this does happen, let's get adrian from atletico. he's young, talented, scores goals and can play striker or winger.

No, they'd sell him this January. And Adrian has just signed a new contract, about a week or so ago.

With the way the relationship is between Lukaku and Mourinho he might refuse to make the move to piss Mourinho off :P. If there's any truth to it in the first place!

so players can refuse a transfer? i thought since they own him, they can trade him wherever they like? sorry i'm not that familiar with the way it works here (the us market is different).

It does pay off to use a sense of logic in these situations. Lukaku will not leave the Premier League. He thinks everything through and plans his career. He's still learning so much here and hasn't finished learning for another 2 years. He's so embedded in this league and country that I would be perplexed if he'd suddenly go to some other competition, definitely the Spanish one. He knows his style of playing the game works in the EPL, while he learns. No, I'm pretty sure about this one: he's staying in England. And if he is to leave Chelsea, it's to take the principles I just explained into consideration.

I have watched most of the games this season and I think lukkaku loses the ball too much and comes far to deep to get it. His strength is and general target man ability does seem lacking in some of his decision making. When thg all hits him he hoes not given what seem the most obvious simple ball. Has anyone else noticed.

He's not had the service.

Mirallas was Woeful yesterday and should have put him through a few times. Likewise, Barkley hasnt been as creative as he could have been. I dont think he had that good of a game yesterday (Barkley), obviously great goal but he didnt really create that much. Using the Newcastle game as an example, both Mirallas and Barkley got an assist to Lukaku in that game and I cant remember the last time Rom had chances like that since then. Its not like he's missing sitters every week. He does get in the positions but his service has been really poor.

It's the Everton way guys. Lets put this into perspective a bit.

We pride ourselves on being the working class team. We always have a bunch of honest hard working players. Even when we have flair players we expect a certain amount of work from them. Gerry is starting to learn this, Barkley is learning it too.

We are also a bunch of fans that demand consistency. we wont let any player have a blinder, score a few goals and expect to have the next week off on the back of it. Lukaku has had a few bad weeks now, not missing sitters but not working. Yesterday i witnessed Swans centre backs holding onto the ball while they looked around for a nice simple pass. Lukaku standing only ten yards away. Eventually they had to clear because Mirallas of all people ran past Lukaku to pressure them.

Thats the type of thing that gets us Blues fans cheering and clapping.

Lukaku is going to be a class act but he still has a lot to learn. The scary thing is that he is probably demanding a 20 million price tag at his present ability.

this is why Chelsea have let him go out this year.

We pride ourselves on being the working class team. We always have a bunch of honest hard working players. Even when we have flair players we expect a certain amount of work from them. Gerry is starting to learn this, Barkley is learning it too.

We are also a bunch of fans that demand consistency. we wont let any player have a blinder, score a few goals and expect to have the next week off on the back of it. Lukaku has had a few bad weeks now, not missing sitters but not working. Yesterday i witnessed Swans centre backs holding onto the ball while they looked around for a nice simple pass. Lukaku standing only ten yards away. Eventually they had to clear because Mirallas of all people ran past Lukaku to pressure them.

Lukaku is going to be a class act but he still has a lot to learn. The scary thing is that he is probably demanding a 20 million price tag at his present ability.

Everyone used to moan if we had a player running round like a headless chicken but not scoring, we cant have the best of both worlds.

Lukaku is a world class finisher, given the chance, 9/10 he will score. He hasnt had the service of late, simple as that. What chances in the last few games has he had? only one i can remember is the one last minute against Arsenal.

Lukaku was still working hard in the first half. I think you underestimate the work he does making runs and creating space for others and in truth that is the reason we want him at the club.

Once he stops making those runs and offering himself as decoys, that is when I would start questioning his attitude. For a big lad, he does a lot of grafting and last night he was up against 2 big CB's and a DM which is always going to make it difficult for him, especially against a well organised defensive team. A lot of his touches yesterday had one pressuring him from behind and another starting to close from in front and whilst I do think he should have done better on a few occasions, plenty of much better players would have struggled as well.

He does still have a lot to learn but when you look at how Chelsea's strikers are currently performing, I bet quite a few of their fans had wished they had kept hold of him.

he is playing with his back to the goal and stationary too much lately -

his strength and speed (running not turning) requires space which defenders don't allow him as a holding striker -

he is much more lethal on the counter playing to his strength -

play him wider on the right and use Jelavic as hanging striker - he looked very hungry against Sunderland -

Barkley also took too many long shots instead of making runs into the box and creating chances for Lukaku

I said a couple of months ago that Coleman was playing poorly and maybe needs to drop out for a few games and look what happened!!!

SO...

Lukaku isn't at his best at the moment maybe it's time to give Jelavic another start (cue the Romelu Lukaku show vs Southampton!)