IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Best player and I don't care if I'm a broken record about him he's absolute quality and streaks ahead of our other players going forward!

Well, I can't say I remember Mirallas streaking at any point while playing for Everton, and I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not joining him.

mirallas came on yesterday and pulled defenders out of there positions all game. naismith cant play in barkleys position cause as soon as he is under pressure he passes it even when the pass isnt on. kevin would charge at defenders and make defemders shit themselves.

All game? He only played for ten minutes and did pretty much fuck all :dont know: .

All game? He only played for ten minutes and did pretty much fuck all :dont know: .

That's the difference though Mike you're not seeing what he brings to the team. In the minutes he was on he had three or four defenders around him every time he had the ball. He dangerous, he has the ability to go past players and is always direct! Hunting down the 18 yard box and the goal. No other player we have does that! With the exception of Barkley! The rest would rather tippy tap and throw the ball in the box. Mirallas is hungry for goals!

Edited by MiguelCotto

That's the difference though Mike you're not seeing what he brings to the team. In the minutes he was on he had three or four defenders around him every time he had the ball. He dangerous, he has the ability to go past players and is always direct! Hunting down the 18 yard box and the goal. No other player we have does that! With the exception of Barkley! The rest would rather tippy tap and throw the ball in the box. Mirallas is hungry for goals!

I do see what he brings to the team and I rate him highly, but your assessment of his contribution yesterday is ridiculous.

Exactly. Yesterday's was not his greatest game. The only goal to which he contributed was Leicester's second.

It's all very well having favourites, but there's no point in exaggerating a player's contribution. Yesterday he wasn't really prepared enough to play.

Oh yeah :blush:.

But I still disagree.

If you watch the fucking game properly let me know of any other player for 90 minutes who tried to beat defenders. Cause the only player I seen doing this was kev. And when I day whole game, I mean the whole of his game which was ten minutes. If you play naismith and he picks the ball up at the half way line I can guarantee he Won be running with the ball which means lukaku has no option to move into space. At least if kev picks it up and drives at the defence lukaku has options to move into. I don't understand how other people don't see this as logic.

I see the logic Brett but I also Naismiths intelligence on the ball.

With minutes to go and a one goal lead you will see top four team's keep possession by keeping it simple and holding the ball.

We didn't do that and we paid for it. Naismith is capable let of making a simple pass backwards to keep possession.

Don't get me wrong Mirralas is one of my favourite players and I get excited Everytime he is on the pitch. I just think it's the wrong match to Criticise Naismith as he was MoM for me.

So Naismith has a very good game, scores one, holds up play well and it turns into a thread about Mirallas being a better option?

Yes Mirallas is an exciting type of player, but with 10 minutes to go at 2-1 up its about keeping possession. Not back heeling it or trying to dribble past a man when a pass is on. Of which both he and Lukaku were guilty.

Fuck me, Mirallas had 10 minutes, hardly enough to justify him being praised, he tried for ten minutes but didn't do much else.

Naismith had a great first half, his link up play and hold up play were great, he very rarely loses a header and his work rate is phenomenal. Second half he was poor but so was the whole team so he can't be singled out for that.

I can see both sides of the argument for Mirallas being in Barkleys position but he wont lead the line. He'll run direct at defences but he wont win headers or hold the ball up very well. Naismith is more robust and will bust a gut to hold the ball up and win a lot of headers and he wont give up. As much as I like Mirallas he can drift in and out of games and I'm not sure he has the balls to play the number 10 effectively.

So for me, Mirallas out wide terrorising defences and Naismith in the hole where the blood and guts are needed.

Btw I wouldn't want Mirallas behind Romelu. It's not his best position he needs to stay out wide. I also want Naismith in the hole.

My part of the Mirallas discussion was the fact that individually he can go past players and put the ball in the back of the net without playing tippy tap. He's one of two players in our squad who can consistently do that!

Pienaar usually makes the play and gives the ball to Baines who gets the assist. Stats misrepresent players.

They do which is why I said his build up play is excellent but there are so many times (including against Leicester) when he has a few options and he picks the worst one. If he had that final ball though, he wouldnt be playing for us!

Back on topic, I think Lukaku is going to split fans right down the middle. I think he is destined to be a player that will have 3 poor performances out of five but will score 3 goals in those games. Im not his biggest fan but I do rate him. I think he needs to Knuckle down and get his fitness right