IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

it's all famine right now for both welbeck and bony. bony can't score or assist and welbeck is out half the campaign. lukaku is better than both at the moment which isn't saying much but he's playing and has more goals and assists than both.

Bony is bench option for one of the most expensive teams on the planet.

Welbeck like many players will experience in their careers is going through a bad injury.

Apparently Rom is all about goals, someone on Twitter said he is 6 goals in last 27 games. That's shocking.

Yes its totally irrelevant, you could be a nuclear scientist in London or taxi driver in Liverpool, either way you are in no position to say Haf is right, or wrong for that matter. You share an opinion with him and that's about it

I really didn't mean any offence by it and I apologise if it did, but Haf's ego does not need any massaging , he constantly implies that he is the only person in this forum capable of forming an informed opinion because we all somehow don't really understand the game as well as he does

That's fair. No worries... and I don't mean to massage his ego. I just get so goddamn frustrated with Lukaku because I know how good he can be.

Lol, put the shovel away Pete.

You made the statements and digs. Then excuses for Bony and Welbeck. I'm just pointing out that even the players at the big guns are no better this season and a striker at any cost won't get you a consistent week in week out goalscorer that you keep moaning Lukaku isn't.

Lukakus poor form stretches back many games not just this season. He has sporadic showings and isn't offering much at all.

You moan he doesn't get chances, I proved that he does, you state they aren't good chances and Naismith stats debunks that then today he misses absolute sitters and you are still scrambling.

He is playing PISS POOR! and doesn't really look arsed. Stop fuckin defending him, players like Naismith, Howard, Osman, Barkley, Barry, Jags and Kone get thrown to the lions when they so much as have an off game - this lad strolls around sulkingband moaning about bad luck. Twice yesterday he was strolling in an offside position when we were on the attack, Barkley had to stop the fluid move.

He needs dropping, he plays in the way that he believes he can't be dropped. He needs time on the bench.

Edited by Hafnia

Yesterday he was genuinely poor. I'd still give him the Reading game, because there's a chance he can bag some goals and get his confidence going again, which must've taken a knock after missing those 2 chances yesterday. If that doesn't work, he does need dropping, the only question then is; who leads the line?

Lukakus poor form stretches back many games not just this season. He has sporadic showings and isn't offering much at all.

you're ignoring the fact, again, that for 2 seasons running, he's either scored or setup 35-40% of our goals.

Isn't offering much at all? Fuck me....

you're ignoring the fact, again, that for 2 seasons running, he's either scored or setup 35-40% of our goals.

Isn't offering much at all? Fuck me....

Of course he is! He is the player who's position is right in front of their goal, would you expect it to be Barkley, McCarthy, Stones, Naismith? Of course you wouldn't. I guess he's responsible for 40% of chances missed too.

If by some crazy scenario we had to settle for kone as a lone striker in that period of time I would expect him to get the majority of the goals.

It's a stat that doesn't give any context to how well he does his job. It's a stat that sits alongside, "jags makes 40% of the teams headed clearances" - does that mean he's defending well?

Rom has a wonderful tendanvy to bump up his goalscoring ratios against poorer teams. I'm sorry but it's a fact, he has one good game in 5 or 6 gets a couple of goals and then pretty much does fuck all.

I said right after the Southampton game "is this going to be another of his false dawns" and yes it was. It's getting fuckin tiring.

I said before Swansea game let's leave it to Rom to give the answers. If anything he's raised more questions.

We badly need a player up front who gives consistency, please do not tell me you think he is that player.

Louis Saha got ripped apart for performing like Rom is. Whether the price tag is anything to do with Rom or not he represents money that could be utilized on a player who gives more.

You would have thought after recent games he would have given more yesterday, he really just didn't.

My personal opinion is that overall Rom has played well this season. Two goals in the first two games, created chances for others. Played well without scoring against both City and Chelsea. Yes not great yesterday but no player is great every game.

Some people seem to have a real problem with the lad, which I disagree with. He's an Everton player, he seems to give a damn and he has played well so far this season.

When he play's to his potential he is a beast.

You moan he doesn't get chances, I proved that he does, you state they aren't good chances and Naismith stats debunks that then today he misses absolute sitters and you are still scrambling.

He is playing PISS POOR! and doesn't really look arsed. Stop fuckin defending him, players like Naismith, Howard, Osman, Barkley, Barry, Jags and Kone get thrown to the lions when they so much as have an off game - this lad strolls around sulkingband moaning about bad luck. Twice yesterday he was strolling in an offside position when we were on the attack, Barkley had to stop the fluid move.

He needs dropping, he plays in the way that he believes he can't be dropped. He needs time on the bench.

You've only ever referenced the Leicester game, and now you can add one more where chances have been wasted.

You've only ever referenced the Leicester game, and now you can add one more where chances have been wasted.

Have you not noticed that I rarely critize a player for missing chances. Only when the likes of yourself start quoting how many goals per game and what a clinical finisher he is and that's all we should worry about will I go into the weeds.

So really this argument doesn't stand up. I have stated before now his best game for us was against Man City where he didn't score. Do me a favour start reading my posts, I make enough of them on this topic.

If he starts imposing himself consistently on games rather than being a passenger and shows a real hunger and a will to work for the team I will be happy. His touch is shite and is likely to remain that way.

The things he can change is his attitude, with the right attitude he will score, he won't be 20+ prem goals but he will be 15+ and assist the team more. I want to see him run to get back onside not just wonder, I want to see him lay off and drive into the box not plod like Fellaini.

But yes, look closely, I rarely go nuts at players for missing.

I think Haf used to get bullied on the pitch by a big lad, and his hatred for that guy manifests it's self in anger towards our Lord and saviou Romelu.

Just an observation.

Said the same thing about 50,000 posts back !

I think I'm out of this topic.I saw Rom have a below average game yesterday, along with his fellow strikers.I'm pretty sure he'll have a few more before he leaves us.

Kone is a player I could gladly part with, has been a good player, now injury prone and a squad filler.......I could pick him to pieces, pull up stats, insult him, highlight every poor pass and miss control......but I'll keep off his back and hope he has a better game next time out.

We've had a pretty good start to the season, every player has played his part, we are a unit and when Naismith got his hatrick probably just about every player played a little part in that, the killer pass, making space etc.

Must be hard for haf to watch Everton play, one eye has to be permanently on Lukaku ready for ' the fuck up '.Relax mate no one one here actually loves him.

Said the same thing about 50,000 posts back !

I think I'm out of this topic.I saw Rom have a below average game yesterday, along with his fellow strikers.I'm pretty sure he'll have a few more before he leaves us.

Kone is a player I could gladly part with, has been a good player, now injury prone and a squad filler.......I could pick him to pieces, pull up stats, insult him, highlight every poor pass and miss control......but I'll keep off his back and hope he has a better game next time out.

We've had a pretty good start to the season, every player has played his part, we are a unit and when Naismith got his hatrick probably just about every player played a little part in that, the killer pass, making space etc.

Must be hard for haf to watch Everton play, one eye has to be permanently on Lukaku ready for ' the fuck up '.Relax mate no one one here actually loves him.

Ha ha shut up you tit! I've been having banter with Steve since you were drawing pictures of Scott Gemmil on the back of your Brummy Primary School books.

Ha ha shut up you tit! I've been having banter with Steve since you were drawing pictures of Scott Gemmil on the back of your Brummy Primary School books.

Insults usually mean you've been rumbled !

Go back to ripping up your merlin stickers of Lukaku, you'll regret it when you can't complete your album.......you could always use one of your extra Kone stickers in Roms place :rofl:

You sad prick.

Insults usually mean you've been rumbled !

Go back to ripping up your merlin stickers of Lukaku, you'll regret it when you can't complete your album.......you could always use one of your extra Kone stickers in Roms place :rofl:

You sad prick.

"ha ha you tit" is something I would say to someone who does something daft.

Your quite inoffensive like a kid hanging round outside the local bargain booze trying to impress his mates by giving jip to the blokes going in to get their ale.

Benteke injured again. For this wishing we got him instead of rom he just can't stay healthy and missed a whole campaign practically already.

Rom has been pretty healthy for the majority of the time with us, missed a little time here and there but that's to be expected from any footballer logging serious minutes.

I want to see him run to get back onside not just wander.

Without intending to discuss all of Lukaku's possible strengths and weaknesses, I do agree with hafnia on this specific issue, which is one of my pet peeves about strikers generally. (My pet peeve about defenders is their stupid overuse of the backpass to the GK. Not that you asked.). So, am I wise to agree with hafnia [full stop: "FFS, Elston, are you nuts?!?!] that Lukaku is a dismayingly consistent offender for being lazy in getting back onside? And, if lazy he is, does it also show in his tendency to run offside even when he's looking straight down the line of defenders? Or are both of these sins just what "all strikers do"?

Help: (1) me, (2) Rom, (3) hafnia. In that order.

Without intending to discuss all of Lukaku's possible strengths and weaknesses, I do agree with hafnia on this specific issue, which is one of my pet peeves about strikers generally. (My pet peeve about defenders is their stupid overuse of the backpass to the GK. Not that you asked.). So, am I wise to agree with hafnia [full stop: "FFS, Elston, are you nuts?!?!] that Lukaku is a dismayingly consistent offender for being lazy in getting back onside? And, if lazy he is, does it also show in his tendency to run offside even when he's looking straight down the line of defenders? Or are both of these sins just what "all strikers do"?

Help: (1) me, (2) Rom, (3) hafnia. In that order.

Everyone has every right to get passed off with Roms offsides, but there are many elements to it. Sometimes he's being naive (will come with time), sometimes just down right stupidity, sometimes 'lazy', sometimes thinking quicker / expecting a quicker pass to him and making a decent run, sometimes making a dummy run and the ball getting play to him anyway.

Whatever the reason/excuse, it's seriously annoying and drives me mad too. But, this is something he will improve on so I'm not that worried.

Do other strikers do it as often? Depends who you compare him to, but on the whole probably not. It's a weakness of his which he has to improve on, and he will.

In the coffee queue in work someone told me something a little concerning... and I must admit very surprising.

Lukaku's last goal at goodison in the league from open play was December 3rd 2014 vs Hull.

He has only scored 1 league goal at Goodison in 2015 - a penalty against Newcastle.