IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

You taking the piss? He never touched it and to be honest I thought he was poor today. Spent 20 minutes of the second half doing that "oh I'm injured unless the ball is laid on a plate for me"

Got booted from behind... Shepherds crook came out and he tried to argue to stay on.

He's being properly managed now. Thankfully.

I wanted Valencia to score in order to put the pressure.

Plus side is that the team look very strong and seem to be able to quieten his ego.

Yeah you're right he was shite. He is shite. Fuck it let's sell him and buy .... erm... oh wait a minute nobody will fucking join us.

He's the best we can get at the minute, and on top of that at 23 and being an actual regular PL goalscorer he's not a bad option.

Steklenburg could have better distribution. Baines could be quicker. Barkley could set up more goals. Everyone has those parts of their games which they could improve on, however a striker has one job to fulfill and that's score goals. He does score goals, and lots of them. Anyone else in his place, realistically, wouldn't score as many goals as he does.

I spent years moaning about how we never had a good goalscorer and now we do people seem to hate him, what an everton mentality.

Edited by AidanLewis

4 goals so far this term, albeit 3 in 1 game. Hes looked likely to score in the previous games too and will no doubt be around the 20 figure mark come the end of the season providing he stays fit.

His link up play has improved vastly since koeman came in and with bolasi getting in cross after cross im sure he will provide lots of assists on top of the two he has so far.

I haven't seen any change in him to be honest under Koeman (style wise).

That was an area that Martinez improved him dramatically but it took a couple of years to get there. I think Koeman will try and make Lukaku more dominant and physical and to use him as the spearhead of the attack more than before.

Yeah you're right he was shite. He is shite. Fuck it let's sell him and buy .... erm... oh wait a minute nobody will fucking join us.

He's the best we can get at the minute, and on top of that at 23 and being an actual regular PL goalscorer he's not a bad option.

Steklenburg could have better distribution. Baines could be quicker. Barkley could set up more goals. Everyone has those parts of their games which they could improve on, however a striker has one job to fulfill and that's score goals. He does score goals, and lots of them. Anyone else in his place, realistically, wouldn't score as many goals as he does.

I spent years moaning about how we never had a good goalscorer and now we do people seem to hate him, what an everton mentality.

Sell him? He tried that himself and failed the test drive. But hey... you probably think his performances will be for Everton and somehow he loves us.... despite the nob head saying he wants to walk out the front gates.

Desperate.

Score the goals Rom, get us £50m plus and get your move. I won't blink twice... I enjoy watching players like idrissa, coleman and barry remind me that wearing the badge means something.

Fook me! some fans need counselling over our budget level strikers over the past 10 years or so. It's like a lad who couldn't pull a bird when he was young allowing his Mrs to treat him like shit just because he's grateful to have her.

Link up play improved? How many times have I heard this? It's tepid and cold.... tepid being the operative word.

Bolassie getting crosses in? Ah - you another who forgot deulofeus assists and unconverted crosses.

Stop making excuses! If and when he does well he will get praise.... damn sure of that aren't we?

Edited by Hafnia

Sell him? He tried that himself and failed the test drive. But hey... you probably think his performances will be for Everton and somehow he loves us.... despite the nob head saying he wants to walk out the front gates.

Desperate.

Score the goals Rom, get us £50m plus and get your move. I won't blink twice... I enjoy watching players like idrissa, coleman and barry remind me that wearing the badge means something.

Fook me! some fans need counselling over our budget level strikers over the past 10 years or so. It's like a lad who couldn't pull a bird when he was young allowing his Mrs to treat him like shit just because he's grateful to have her.

Rom, if he stays in the EPL for his career, will be one of the highest scorers ever to have graced it, that's not by luck the lad has bags of quality, just not in the ways everyone wants.

He's not been sold for a reason, he's needed.

I want to win things, not potter around for another 20 years whilst we show off our integrity and commited players, it's getting boring now.

Rom, if he stays in the EPL for his career, will be one of the highest scorers ever to have graced it, that's not by luck the lad has bags of quality, just not in the ways everyone wants.

He's not been sold for a reason, he's needed.

I want to win things, not potter around for another 20 years whilst we show off our integrity and commited players, it's getting boring now.

He's not been sold? You mean he, his agent and his dad were made aware of all these offers declined and decided to keep their mouths shut out of respect for everton?

Ok.

Yeah he's gonna be an all time great in the prem.... he's just hit 46 goals in 107 games for Everton. Similar to adebuyor 46 in 104 for Arsenal... similarities are uncanny.

Edited by Hafnia

He's not been sold? You mean he, his agent and his dad were made aware of all these offers declined and decided to keep their mouths shut out of respect for everton?

Ok.

Yeah he's gonna be an all time great in the prem.... he's just hit 46 goals in 107 games for Everton. Similar to adebuyor 46 in 104 for Arsenal... similarities are uncanny.

That's irrelevant about his dad and agent that's not the point I was getting at what so ever.

It's not worth arguing. His dad's a knob, his agents a knob, he isn't the most commited, loyal player but that doesn't mean he's not a good player. He wants to move to one of the best teams in the world and what's wrong with that? Would you rather have a striker that doesn't want to better himself?

I love the way you're so sarcastic about him being an all time great. Do you honestly believe that if he didn't spend another 10 seasons in the premier league he wouldn't be an all time great? A player that has got, what, nearly 70 premier league goals at 23?! With so much to learn and such a long career ahead of him, and one of the best goal scorers in the prem.

You might hate him, but there's no way you can doubt his ability. The numbers do the talking.

Desperate.

So, Lukaku is a 'nob head'..........Idrissa, Coleman and Barry love Everton FC and wouldn't leave for any money........and your wife is giving you a hard time, but you're still grateful !

Who labled this thead.....'The longest thread for DRIVEL '............You certainly knew what was comimg.

Please close it!

Don't close it.

There is an actual discussion going on here. It's not like it's a one sided rant is it?

There are far worse and more boring threads than this one...hence the continued posts.

Exactly Shukes. I support Everton FC. I have done for over 30 years.... in those 30 years I've been privileged to watch the likes of sharp, Reid, gray, Bracewell, Ratcliffe, Watson, Beardsley, southall, sheedy, Steven, Gough...

All these players "got Everton"... they were also top quality footballers.... not "potential".... not one week good the next few weeks utter shite - moaning and gesticulating as if they are getting a raw deal.

So please everyone forgive me if I call lukaku a "nob head"... my memory doesn't become erased when he scores a couple of goals after he and his crew had spent the best part of a season talking about leaving the club.

Strange isn't it... Rooney was sold for a record fee. He never came out in the press pushing for a move yet he got so much shit. Lukaku hasn't shut his gob from day one. "Ah but he's not a boyhood blue, he never unveiled a t shirt blah blah blah"...... no we spent £28m on him and made him top earner at the club.

Thing is i post about Everton and all relevant players when things are good and bad.... I don't come out the woodwork when it suits me.

The majority are happy to have this thread quiet when he's not playing well..... scores a few goals and it's like "what's the problem? He's great"

Edited by Hafnia

I think we get it, Lukaku wants to leave us at some time, big fuc%ing deal, when he does, Everton move on and we handle it the best we can, at the moment we would be a much poorer team for it, so I hope he stays.

He's just had a couple of pretty decent games, didn't really get many chances yesterday, got injured and a goal, only 3 goals in the previous one, so yes little purple patch......but he's still a nob head, let your hate go !He's going to leave Everton some time and he talks a bit too much, enjoy the purple while you can.

So you've been a Blue 30 years, blah, blah, blah.........! no ones impressed.

About 6000 posts back you said Lukaku was rubbish, a nob head (and a lot worse), wasn't worth the money we paid for him and wouldn't score many goals.

Yeh, you were right, let's sell him for £25million, he can't score for shit......oh and he talks too much!The only bit you got right was the talking too much.......the rest, you were WRONG, GET OVER IT.

You would rather chalk off his goal yesterday and claim a 2-1 win.So bitter are you, you can't stand him claiming it.

Don't worry he'll have a bad game again soon so you can get stuck into him.

I don't think he had a particularly good game yesterday, but when he limped off, the Middlesborough defenders got back on top, almost looked like they were glad he'd departed.Say's something when he's not actually playing that well (mind you, service wasn't that great yesterday either).

I hope his replacement has the same kind of effect and can score goals, I will not hold my breath.

The way I see it, whether he lacks work rate, ability to turn something from nothing into a goal, or link up play, if you give him service he will score goals. Only Aguero and Defo are better natural finishers in this league than Rom. It'd be interesting to see out of the 70 or so goals he's got in or around the prem are in the 6 yard box.

If we feed him he will score, you can't replace that. Well... WE can't replace that.

Edit: I forgot about Ibra on that list!

Edited by AidanLewis

It's so unfortunate that the club has been in the doldrums so long that a decent finisher with a flawed game and a poor attitude is treated like a hero by some.

He's like the opposite of big dunc... scores goals in patches which gives him a decent ratio but anything else really worth mentioning.

Let's see how he does. Personally I was thinking him to bang in a shit load of goals as it will mean we will get up the league. Further than that he can go find his supposed dream move and in the meantime walsh and Co can find someone else.

Interested to know.... versus "total forum posts made" who has made the most in the lukaku thread? Money is on you blue.

It's so unfortunate that the club has been in the doldrums so long that a decent finisher with a flawed game and a poor attitude is treated like a hero by some.

He's like the opposite of big dunc... scores goals in patches which gives him a decent ratio but anything else really worth mentioning.

Let's see how he does. Personally I was thinking him to bang in a shit load of goals as it will mean we will get up the league. Further than that he can go find his supposed dream move and in the meantime walsh and Co can find someone else.

Interested to know.... versus "total forum posts made" who has made the most in the lukaku thread? Money is on you blue.

There is a massive difference between treating someone like a hero and defending them from unfair and undue over the top criticism

There is a massive difference between treating someone like a hero and defending them from unfair and undue over the top criticism

There's a massive difference between being overly critical and being uncomfortably accurate when it comes to telling people that the the comic book super striker aint all that.

People don't have an issue holding barkley accountable but they do when a want away striker with a patchy attitude and performance gets stick.

If he was as good as his hype then he wouldn't get critism. The fact is he isn't... the criticism just doesnt sit well.

I don't make things up.... his work rate is questionable. His attitude can stink, his touch is often like that of an elephant, he does go on periods of games where he doesn't score and doesn't offer anything. In general his consistency and application is very poor.

Edited by Hafnia

There's a massive difference between being overly critical and being uncomfortably accurate when it comes to telling people that the the comic book super striker aint all that.

People don't have an issue holding barkley accountable but they do when a want away striker with a patchy attitude and performance gets stick.

If he was as good as his hype then he wouldn't get critism. The fact is he isn't... the criticism just doesnt sit well.

I don't make things up.... his work rate is questionable. His attitude can stink, his touch is often like that of an elephant, he does go on periods of games where he doesn't score and doesn't offer anything. In general his consistency and application is very poor.

That's a very hypothetical statement given how wrong you are about Lukaku

There's a massive difference between being overly critical and being uncomfortably accurate when it comes to telling people that someone who is the comic book super striker aint all that.

I remember there being a poster on GOT called hafina that hated Lukaku, even in his first season when he was only on loan. He said that Origi was better than Lukaku after the 2014 World Cup.

Big LOL at that bloke.

Strikers better than Lukaku in the Prem.

1) Aguero

2) Ibrahimovic

There's only two better strikers and one's injury prone and the other is old. Whereas Lukaku is only 23 and hardly misses a game making him the most valuable striker in the league.

Last two seasons he managed to net a decent amount considering the lack of quality chances created. I doubt any striker in the world would have managed to do much better.

Strikers better than Lukaku in the Prem.

1) Aguero

2) Ibrahimovic

There's only two better strikers and one's injury prone and the other is old. Whereas Lukaku is only 23 and hardly misses a game making him the most valuable striker in the league.

Last two seasons he managed to net a decent amount considering the lack of quality chances created. I doubt any striker in the world would have managed to do much better.

I'd have martial, Costa, sanchez, iheanacho, Vardy and kane ahead of him too.

If "lukaku's goal" had been disallowed for him being offside, he'd of probably said that he never touched it.

It's one of those isn't it, the strikers claim everything, whether it's theirs or not.

It's funny isn't it? If he'd not claimed it then people would have questioned his desire.

Not saying you're having a go at him for claiming it btw, Bill!