IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Barkley has had some stick... He didn't play well but he at least showed and didn't hide.

The annoying thing is that Rom didn't need to "play well"... He just needed to try. He was up against dog shit defenders who he would batter when he fancied it.

It's almost starting to beg the question:- can he only make an impact if the team play well?

Because let's be honest if he is attempting to pass to a team mate 9 times in the opponents 3rd and 8 of them go to the opposition them it's a problem.... a serious problem.

If one of his teammates had those stats they would be hauled off.

Think that's true of most positions

Agreed, but only if there was someone anywhere near the finishing abilty,which we don't really have.

Think that's true of most positions

Agreed, but only if there was someone anywhere near the finishing abilty,which we don't really have.

For the first part no. I believe that £60m+ players can stand as beacons in a poor performing side... I recall seeing Suarez for Liverpool against Norwich. Liverpool were awful and he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.

You can't talk about yourself as a player of champions league ambition when you allow yourself to be dominated by championship level defenders.

It's all very well rolling Keane with a nice piece of skill one week... the next week not even bothering your arse against shite defenders is not the attribute of a mega money striker.

To the final argument - we could sell Rom and buy 3 or 4 top quality players who will create competition for places.

For the first part no. I believe that £60m+ players can stand as beacons in a poor performing side... I recall seeing Suarez for Liverpool against Norwich. Liverpool were awful and he grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.

You can't talk about yourself as a player of champions league ambition when you allow yourself to be dominated by championship level defenders.

It's all very well rolling Keane with a nice piece of skill one week... the next week not even bothering your arse against shite defenders is not the attribute of a mega money striker.

To the final argument - we could sell Rom and buy 3 or 4 top quality players who will create competition for places.

But for now we can't, hence he stays on. The rest is all dependent on how much we get for him

But for now we can't, hence he stays on. The rest is all dependent on how much we get for him

If he stays we still need another striker - absolutely no doubt in my mind.

We need that other striker to light the fire under his backside. The only time he was dropped for another striker was when kone came in for him... He was pissed off. He never thought he would be dropped. He admitted he needed it.

Without a decent striker to be able to step in and do a job I don't believe we will see consistency from him.

If he stays we still need another striker - absolutely no doubt in my mind.

We need that other striker to light the fire under his backside. The only time he was dropped for another striker was when kone came in for him... He was pissed off. He never thought he would be dropped. He admitted he needed it.

Without a decent striker to be able to step in and do a job I don't believe we will see consistency from him.

Leasing scorer in the prem and you are asking for consistency?

He wont play well every game, nobody does.

Last 3 away games his effort has been shite.... Completely and utterly shite. Have I seen any of them lot above do that?

Not really.

then you must not watch a lot of football. costa had a bend before christmas and just before the FA cup victory where the fans said get rid he's loafing. Same with ronaldo, if you watched the last Champions league match it was pathetic (which he's been most of the season), he was in the attacking third the whole match just waiting for someone to hoof it to him, walking around. Kane? read back some match reports and you'll see even your superhero has lazy days where he's not consistent.

Edited by markjazzbassist

costa, kane, aguero, sanchez, none of them offer that as well. no one does. not even messi or ronaldo.

Good call on Messi. One of the lasiest players I've ever watched live. Just stands around half the time looking genuinely bored, then pops up and does something brilliant.

Good call on Messi. One of the lasiest players I've ever watched live. Just stands around half the time looking genuinely bored, then pops up and does something brilliant.

Yep... That's why maradona is the greatest.

Messi is fortunate that he has 10 players around him that enable him to walk around.

Yep... That's why maradona is the greatest.

Messi is fortunate that he has 10 players around him that enable him to walk around.

That why haf wouldn't want Messi! Too lazy and he'd probably moan about his touch ?? Then we'd have the obligatory shoehorned stats to try to prove his point.

That why haf wouldn't want Messi! Too lazy and he'd probably moan about his touch ?? Then we'd have the obligatory shoehorned stats to try to prove his point.

Yeah I think I would struggle with his 35% pass completion... his inability to create goals out of nothing... his awful touch... his lack of ability to influence big games and make top class defenders look stupid.

Then throw in the fact that he's always talking about leaving his club? Talking about being one of the best and is permanently moaning at his team mates.

No I wouldn't have him

Yeah I think I would struggle with his 35% pass completion... his inability to create goals out of nothing... his awful touch... his lack of ability to influence big games and make top class defenders look stupid.

Then throw in the fact that he's always talking about leaving his club? Talking about being one of the best and is permanently moaning at his team mates.

No I wouldn't have him

I'm confused.

You wouldn't have Messi? Or is that sarcasm?!