IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

You've done it now. I'll have to arrange a 3 day vacation to save myself from smashing my head against a wall.

i unabashedly love the man. best striker we've had since i've been a fan, and stats wise best one we've had since it's been called the "premier league". i'm very happy with roberto splashing the cash on him, 28m seems like a steal now.

Yeah the overall numbers are, the patterns and opposition tell you something though. 5 game spells of no goals. Be interesting to get a bulk download of his goal stats, definately something that indicates 'tendancies'

I still think it's because Geri has been missing, though not completely

Before Geri was dropped he seemed to be having a bit of a nark at Rom. Either way lennon is on fire at the moment.

I remember 1 game that he got frustrated, at Goodison I think, but apart from that he was placing the ball on Roms head or foot like it was nothing!

Agree though, Lennon can't be dropped. McCarthy could be though, drop Barkley a bit deeper and put Geri behind Rom:

Lukaku

Mirallas Geri Lennon

Barry Barkley

Not bad that....

I remember 1 game that he got frustrated, at Goodison I think, but apart from that he was placing the ball on Roms head or foot like it was nothing!

Agree though, Lennon can't be dropped. McCarthy could be though, drop Barkley a bit deeper and put Geri behind Rom:

Lukaku

Mirallas Geri Lennon

Barry Barkley

Not bad that....

I don't think you can drop McCarthy. Its no coincidence we were playing well and winning games until he got injured at Bournemouth (actually we were comfortably winning 2-0 when he got injured). Since he has come back into the team we have started to win games, and see them out.

Before the Bournemouth game we had only been beaten by City, Arsenal and United.

When he was injured we have only won against Boro, Newcastle, City in the first leg and Dagenham. We failed to beat Palace, Norwich, Leicester, Stoke, Spurs, Swansea and City.

Then he gets back in the team, beat Carlisle, Newcastle, Stoke, Bournemouth and Villa, and lose against West Brom.

We are such a better team with him in there. As much as I'm a big fan of Cleverley, hes only played well wide left for me. Besic is infectious in his style of play, but we don't seem to win games with him in there. McCarthy is the lynchpin.

also, Rom is great. Goals, goals, goals.

I don't think you can drop McCarthy. Its no coincidence we were playing well and winning games until he got injured at Bournemouth (actually we were comfortably winning 2-0 when he got injured). Since he has come back into the team we have started to win games, and see them out.

Before the Bournemouth game we had only been beaten by City, Arsenal and United.

When he was injured we have only won against Boro, Newcastle, City in the first leg and Dagenham. We failed to beat Palace, Norwich, Leicester, Stoke, Spurs, Swansea and City.

Then he gets back in the team, beat Carlisle, Newcastle, Stoke, Bournemouth and Villa, and lose against West Brom.

We are such a better team with him in there. As much as I'm a big fan of Cleverley, hes only played well wide left for me. Besic is infectious in his style of play, but we don't seem to win games with him in there. McCarthy is the lynchpin.

also, Rom is great. Goals, goals, goals.

Ordinarily I'd agree and use all those arguments to defend him as I'm a massive support of his. But honestly, he's not been the same since he's been injured and, even though I've semi-joked about the coincidence of the upturn in results,it's certainly not all down to him.

Ordinarily I'd agree and use all those arguments to defend him as I'm a massive support of his. But honestly, he's not been the same since he's been injured and, even though I've semi-joked about the coincidence of the upturn in results,it's certainly not all down to him.

agree. i think the amount of injuries he keeps getting is taking its toll. whether he's being a little more hesitant for a tackle or just not full speed anymore or something, he's not the same energizer bunny he used to be.

Lukaku

Mirallas Geri Lennon

Barry Barkley

Not bad that....

I think I'd take the precaution of playing some defenders and a 'keeper as well personally B).

:getmecoat:

I'm noticing more and more how incredibly crap he is with his right foot, Only saw the highlights but when lukaku was through on goal after the penalty miss would he have been better slamming it with his right instead of trying to dink it past with his left? He is always trying to get the ball in his left!? Wasn't that attempted shite pass to mirallis with his right??

I'm noticing more and more how incredibly crap he is with his right foot, Only saw the highlights but when lukaku was through on goal after the penalty miss would he have been better slamming it with his right instead of trying to dink it past with his left? He is always trying to get the ball in his left!? Wasn't that attempted shite pass to mirallis with his right??

Very one footed, tremendous left peg though.

I've read from a very unreliable source that Chelsea want to buy him back (seriously Chelsea... You let De Bruyne slip away when he cost only 12mil and Lukaku as well...) But they'd have to pay double what they sold him for.

I doubt Romelu would be enthusiastic about this. He'd rather just move to Juventus, Wolfsburg or Real than Cheslea again, I reckon.

Very one footed, tremendous left peg though.

yeah great leftie, but surely that's what most defenders need to do now is force him on to his right. Would love to see the stats on how his goals have been scored this season

Edited by mogsy

I've read from a very unreliable source that Chelsea want to buy him back (seriously Chelsea... You let De Bruyne slip away when he cost only 12mil and Lukaku as well...) But they'd have to pay double what they sold him for.

I doubt Romelu would be enthusiastic about this. He'd rather just move to Juventus, Wolfsburg or Real than Cheslea again, I reckon.

PSG is ibra leaves is where he will end up. They'll gladly pay 60m for him and he already speaks the language. Champions league as well.