IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Horrible. My worst one (drunken stag parties on easyJet flights aside) was flying home from The Gambia with an ear infection, I was in agony the whole flight and it's right on the limit of "short haul" at about six hours; but we had a headwind so had to land in Portugal to refuel. Ended up about eight hours.

Never been long haul anywhere but I did get a tour of an A380 on Tuesday. What a monster! And what luxury in business and first class. Can take a max of 825 passengers depending on configuration. The only thing that surprised me was how small the cockpit was.

Oh, and your tactic wouldn't have worked flying out here Steve, was an A319 with two toilets but one was out of commission so if you'd sat in the other one with your laptop you might have had a few more knocks at the door!

I've just merged two stories here.

I had a group of 18 on an A380 going to Thailand for my wedding. We were also drunk idiots on them flights, Emirates had a Scouse hostess serving us, which went down really well. She was from Walton. Not what we expected. She kept us all very well fueled, and champagne for me and the missus.

On the second flight my uncle and auntie got upgraded to business, on the flights home the mother in law and brother in law got upgraded to business. They said it was amazing, the photos of the food and the cocktails killed me! No upgrades for the bride and groom!

Was once on a flight from Kyiv to New York on Kazakhstan Airways. The 767 was quite empty, so many Kazakhs were lying across several seats to sleep. The pilot and crew gave no announcements whatsoever as we came into land. Unless you were looking out the window, you didn't know. When the plane hit the tarmac and the pilot hit the brakes, many of the Kazakhs rolled in unison onto the floor. Very funny to see. :)

I flew Balkan once to Bulgaria in the Eastern Bloc communist era; funniest thing about that flight was (because back then you could still smoke on planes) that the non-smoking area was on the left side of the plane and smoking was on the right. How the smoke was supposed to know it wasn't allowed to cross the aisle I don't know.

We got here an hour late, some dickhead Sion supporters going to the match decided to put stickers of their clubs logo over the emergency exit windows, so the cabin crew couldn't let give the go ahead to leave the gate. We then missed our slot because said dickheads were laughing and shouting through the safety announcement which had to be stopped whilst the lads were threatened to be kicked off the plane. They went quiet until about 20 mins into the flight before they started up again. Baby woke up with their ruckus. Wanted to fuckin lamp them...

• 4 weeks later...

my boss put in for a promotion for me 3 weeks ago. it includes a pay raise and back pay since my start date. it still hasn't gone through. HR is the most inefficient department i have ever encountered at any company. if it was their pay i guarantee it would have been approved in a day. all the paperwork is signed adn complete. they just are so fucking lazy they haven't put it in.

sorry but i'm selling possessions and shit on craigslist just to get by till i get this. will be fine once i do, but fuck me they are slow.

my boss put in for a promotion for me 3 weeks ago. it includes a pay raise and back pay since my start date. it still hasn't gone through. HR is the most inefficient department i have ever encountered at any company. if it was their pay i guarantee it would have been approved in a day. all the paperwork is signed adn complete. they just are so fucking lazy they haven't put it in.

sorry but i'm selling possessions and shit on craigslist just to get by till i get this. will be fine once i do, but fuck me they are slow.

That's tough, hope it gets sorted soon. Been there (financially) and got the t-shirt and it's no fun.

Congrats on the promotion. Hope HR sorts their shit out quickly.

Yes, good luck Mark -- and congratulations!

Worst flight of mine was coming back from Ibiza and some guy was ODing on the plane. Had to land in Lyon to let the idiot off the plane, and then we couldn't get a spot to take off for another 3 hours. Then the jokers on the plane were telling us they can't serve food or drink while stationary on the runway, was absolute chaos on the plane, everyone was going mental.

At the risk of repeating myself (that's never happened before :lol:) drivers who don't know how to indicate, This...

What I really want to do one day is to go up to the window of someone who's failed to indicate, snap off their indicator stalk, hand it to them and tell them to get the mechanic to explain to them what it's for when they get it fixed.

...still stands.