IGNORED

Ross Barkley

It's Ok I'm pretty passed with myself for being so critical of him. It's almost like he's my kid and I want everyone to see how good he is.

I can't wait for the time when I am sitting in a pub looking smug and telling friends "I told you so ".

I just want him to relax and enjoy it again.

he's an exceptional player in the making but haf, i dont know what games you watch. his vision is shite still cause he's looking at the ball the whole time while people are making runs off him. when hes not in ful flow, he needs to take fewer touches cause we become slow and predictable. wayne rooney is his type of player with less legs but he has the vision to pick killrt passes out. thats the difference. you think its his decision making its not, his decision making is poor cause he hasnt got the vision yet.

i thought he had a great game, he made a couple driving runs and started to get moving the ball past 2 CM's while driving forward to create open space for other players. Goal and a penalty drawn, i feel that yesterday i felt myself saying he in finally back to being ross. I"m excited for the rest of the season because I think he might be able to pull us out of this slump and get us pumping again.

he's an exceptional player in the making but haf, i dont know what games you watch. his vision is shite still cause he's looking at the ball the whole time while people are making runs off him. when hes not in ful flow, he needs to take fewer touches cause we become slow and predictable. wayne rooney is his type of player with less legs but he has the vision to pick killrt passes out. thats the difference. you think its his decision making its not, his decision making is poor cause he hasnt got the vision yet.

Having watched him play for Wednesday and for us, I can honestly say that his vision is very good for a player his age. His decision making which is just as important, is getting better. Both will improve with time. If you want an example then look at the Newcastle game at GP in general and his assist for Lukaku in particular. You could also look at the Swansea game at the Liberty.

It also takes time for players to get used to his vision so they know when to make runs etc.

Based on vision = assists rickie Lambert must have great vision.

There is really no point debating if it is "Barkley has no vision", see how often he can pass seconds after having seen his own player in a different place and get it spot on. Rooney, Gerrard, Suarez, Silva, all have it.

I think it's amazing how humble he truly is. To make a comparison, I am a big NBA fan, and have seen countless rookies come into the league and when they have a good game, give an interview where they think they are on top of the world and are the best around. When Barkley did his interview (with Jags in tow), he was so nervous, and that made him seem a lot more human. Sure most if not all big sports figures had a bit of arrogance, but Barkley is still young (ffs, he's a year younger than I am) and this is his first full season. I see nothing but greatness happening for him and the club with him here.

He just needs to mature and play the games he should have been playing in the years previous through one thing or another.

I have seen plenty of evidence to suggest he has pretty good vision and I think its more of a case that he almost thinks too much on the ball. The impression I get is that about 10 options run through his head when he picks up the ball and instead of committing to one and executing it he changes his mind and then probably changes his mind again. When he is forced into having one option he tends to make something of it but when he has options in front of him he cocks it up. Lukaku isnt much different either in that respect.

I feel sorry for Barkley and lukaku for that matter. When you watch teams like liverpool if someone had the ball in an attacking position you see three other players busting there balls to get into goal scoring postions running in all sorts of holes. I get the feeling when we do it we have three other players watching the player with the ball waiting to see what he is going to do with it next. I really wish RM would use this scenario in a training drill to get players to move more off the ball.

I feel sorry for Barkley and lukaku for that matter. When you watch teams like liverpool if someone had the ball in an attacking position you see three other players busting there balls to get into goal scoring postions running in all sorts of holes. I get the feeling when we do it we have three other players watching the player with the ball waiting to see what he is going to do with it next. I really wish RM would use this scenario in a training drill to get players to move more off the ball.

How can you compare any of our players to theirs? All their forwards can make their own goals..... that is the difference and it's huge.

They have a proper playmaker who can make inch perfect splitting passes (coutinho) and they also play with two sitters who can go forward and defend. (Gerrard and Hendersen)

This is the difference. All their players can interchange and push forward whilst we are stuck with two deep lying DEFENSIVE only sitters!

Deulofeu, Coleman, Mirallas & Barkley are the only attacking players who don't rely on service. The rest need to be played in.

Liverpool have just got the balance of their whole forward play virtually perfect.

They are a classic counter attacking team.

Edited by MiguelCotto

We may play with two defence only players, but Liverpools full backs aren't as important to their attacking threat as ours are.

It also gives us the freedom to attack with six players, and four holding back. If we had seven attacking and only three at the back it would be frightening. See the Liverpool and Arsenal games to see how prone we are to counter attacks, I can't imagine the damage if we weakened that further.

Stop trying to suggest it's down to tactics. We play exactly the same formation as them.

No, we don't. Not any more, they have evolved from their 433 to a more narrow 442 with a "diamond" shaped midfield. Their midfielders have completely different role than ours do, and they play with two forwards who are in out of this world form. We play with one/three depending how you would like to call it.

Also, it's all down to tactics.

No, we don't. Not any more, they have evolved from their 433 to a more narrow 442 with a "diamond" shaped midfield. Their midfielders have completely different role than ours do, and they play with two forwards who are in out of this world form. We play with one/three depending how you would like to call it.

Also, it's all down to tactics.

They played that diamond against United and was interchanged throughout the game. Edited by MiguelCotto