IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Guest Nikica

Having hodgson manage this world cup team is giving me the same feeling as a Davie Moyes Everton team going to play Liverpool... You get excited because of the enormity of it and you just know you are going to be disappointed.

Gary Neville could be a useful member of his backroom team.... If he could say something like "listen Roy, Wayne has been wearing undershirts in 98f heat in order to get fit and lose weight, he's so clearly off the pace, drop the fat sod and play lallana, sterling and Barkley behind sturridge"

Neville is just as much of a dinosaur as Hodgson - he lives in the nineties with his obsession with pace and 4-4-2 (which is why he doesn't think mata was a good signing for Man U). He started off well but he's really fell apart as a pundit. We know less about him as a coach but I can't see him trying to change Hodgson's mind on anything while they're over in Brazil. In saying that, given his pace/ explosiveness obsession, he might want the likes of Barkley and Sterling to start.

The front four you mention is certainly the way to go, if Hodgson has a personality transplant.

Edited by Nikica

Neville is just as much of a dinosaur as Hodgson - he lives in the nineties with his obsession with pace and 4-4-2 (which is why he doesn't think mata was a good signing for Man U). He started off well but he's really fell apart as a pundit. We know less about him as a coach but I can't see him trying to change Hodgson's mind on anything while they're over in Brazil. In saying that, given his pace/ explosiveness obsession, he might want the likes of Barkley and Sterling to start.

The front four you mention is certainly the way to go, if Hodgson has a personality transplant.

Completely disagree on your points about Neville. He hasn't said Mata was a bad signing for United because 442 was better, he said it because United were playing 442 under Moyes. Surely that's pretty obvious?

I don't see what you have against his views on pace either, can be a brilliant weapon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jose Mourinho has been given a boost after Liverpool were ruled out of the race for Everton star Ross Barkley.

The England ace says he won't move to Anfield, but is open to offers from Man United, Man City and Chelsea.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/387075/Chelsea-Transfer-Zone-Cech-out-if-Courtois-is-No-1-Barkley-transfer-boost-Khedira-blow

Ha ha - where do they get this nonsense

Just having a read through some other teams forums. It's a giggle.

Apparently he's not as good as Suso.

When they receive the £70m for Suarez. Someone's heard they're going to offer us the £40m upfront for Barkley after they sign Sanchez for £30m.

City fans reckon they are going to put a deposit down for him this season Looool!

When they receive the £70m for Suarez. Someone's heard they're going to offer us the £40m upfront for Barkley after they sign Sanchez for £30m.

City fans reckon they are going to put a deposit down for him this season Looool!

:rolleyes:

Considering Sanchez has said he doesnt want to play for them aaaand the fact we're not selling him aaaaand the fact he is a Blue at heart, I'm willing to accept that maybe, just maybe, that speculation is horse shit.

I wouldnt laugh too much. If they did offer £40M I reckon we would take it

ESPN reporting that Man City have stated if Yaya leaves they'll go in for Ross. RM put a 50m price tag on him. I really hope Yaya stays and fires that stupid agent of his, always creating trouble and making him more of a diva.

link?

anyway, it will never happen. even for 50m. Sure, that could go a long way to improving the squad in the short term but honestly we are supposed to be building a project here (Robertos own words), he is not going to sell his lynch pin no matter the cost

ESPN reporting that Man City have stated if Yaya leaves they'll go in for Ross. RM put a 50m price tag on him. I really hope Yaya stays and fires that stupid agent of his, always creating trouble and making him more of a diva.

His agent is a buffoon and he makes Toure look like an uneducated crying arse who spouts anything when he doesn't get his own way. If City offered 50 million for Barkley I'd bite their hands off.

His agent is a buffoon and he makes Toure look like an uneducated crying arse who spouts anything when he doesn't get his own way. If City offered 50 million for Barkley I'd bite their hands off.

Who cares about his agent?? He is an Everton player and an Evertonian.

15.14 BST The Daily Mail says that Manchester City will move for Everton sensation Ross Barkley should Yaya Toure leave the club. The Premier League champions are hopeful that the Ivory Coast international will pledge his future to the club but there have been reports that he does not feel appreciated at the club.

If Toure does decide to leave the Etihad outfit, Manuel Pellegrini is likely to make a move for Barkley, who was part of England's underwhelming World Cup campaign. However, the 20-year-old would certainly not be cheap, with Roberto Martinez reportedly slapping a 50 million pound price tag on his most prized asset.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2695837/Transfer-news-column-Ross-Barkley-man-Man-City-want-replace-Yaya-Toure.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed