IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Lukaku had 2 years left... regardless of who gave gibson his he had longer or similar left.

Then to add to that Barkley was getting played nearly all the time - the lone creative force.

For me Barkley can feel a bit aggrieved.

He did yeah, but you want to get someone like Lukaku tied down so you can maximise the value you get if and when he leaves. Whatever your view of him, consistent goal scorers like him go for big money (as came to pass). So you offer that contract as early as possible so you know what's going on and can get him sold while he still holds a big value. Barkley, on the other hand, is so up and down that challenging him to earn a new contract wasn't harsh at all, it was fair.

I think it does matter who offered Gibson the contract when you've conpared Koeman challenging Barkley to earn his contract and Gibson getting a new contract in the same breath.

If that's the real reason then he can easily fuck off.

Let's just say that with barkley:-

1. He got shit off fans

2. He got singled out by manager for stick

3. He got his contract offered late and then given an ultimatum 4 weeks later to sign or get sold.

4. We have signed 3 players who can do his position and are looking to sign sigurdson

He wants a fresh challenge and he told koeman this in April.... not just last week. So the ball is in walshes court to get him sold now eh.

Edited by Hafnia

Lukaku had 2 years left... regardless of who gave gibson his he had longer or similar left.

Then to add to that Barkley was getting played nearly all the time - the lone creative force.

Gibson's contract had run out.

He did yeah, but you want to get someone like Lukaku tied down so you can maximise the value you get if and when he leaves. Whatever your view of him, consistent goal scorers like him go for big money (as came to pass). So you offer that contract as early as possible so you know what's going on and can get him sold while he still holds a big value. Barkley, on the other hand, is so up and down that challenging him to earn a new contract wasn't harsh at all, it was fair.

I think it does matter who offered Gibson the contract when you've conpared Koeman challenging Barkley to earn his contract and Gibson getting a new contract in the same breath.

Well if that's the case why are the club demanding £50m for barkley?

The club can't have it both ways... lukaku the £75m asset got offered his contract with 2.5 years remaining... barkley the £50m asset got his offered with 12 months remaining.

Because by all accounts that's what we are asking.... no club is gonna offer that with 12 months left.

Let's just say that with barkley:-

1. He got shit off fans

2. He got singled out by manager for stick

3. He got his contract offered late and then given an ultimatum 4 weeks later to sign or get sold.

4. We have signed 3 players who can do his position and are looking to sign sigurdson

He wants a fresh challenge and he told koeman this in April.... not just last week. So the ball is in walshes court to get him sold now eh.

keep believing your alternative facts just like you do with lukaku mate.

The club can't have it both ways... lukaku the £75m asset got offered his contract with 2.5 years remaining... barkley the £50m asset got his offered with 12 months remaining.

Because by all accounts that's what we are asking.... no club is gonna offer that with 12 months left.

So should the club say they want £20mill for Barkley, then end up getting say £15mill?

We know how this crazy stuff works.

Get as much as you can!!!

I don't think Koeman wants/wanted him to leave.

Oh I've got a headache now...Im bowing out guys...my small brain is getting fried by all these angles of thought!!!

Gym time. Catch you later!!!

As Newty will be screaming right now, no one knows how much we're asking for Barkley.

I did find it odd that we waited so long with Barkley but the more I think about it the more sense it makes. He's inconsistent, we've all said that, so push him to be better before committing to giving him big wages. Each and every one of us has said he needs to improve, so the manager asking him to do that too is only right - his job relies on how the players do after all. It just turns out that Ross is even weaker mentally than we all thought.

keep believing your alternative facts just like you do with lukaku mate.

What are you talking about?

Are you denying that he for shit off the fans, singled out for criticism and offered a contract in April?

Because that is what happened.

Now I'm sure a few are feeling a bit wounded right now and it would suit the agenda if we call him a selfish greedy prick.... the fact is the club put themselves and barkley in a position which meant a valuable asset is now at a low protection point and is looking at alternative career options.

No issue with the lad myself. I'll be gutted to see him go.

I'm glad he's kept his mouth shut. Do the talking behind closed doors, not in the newspaper.

He's took a lot of stick over the last few years from the terraces, maybe some of the foreign lads haven't seen it so much. That's not a dig by the way. My mates who don't go the game didn't believe it as much either. But he's a sensitive lad, these things play on him. Spurs sing that Kane is one of their own, we boo'd Ross off the park for Robertos last two seasons because he wasn't Gerrard.

I wish the kid luck, but more than that I wish he would sign the contract.

It's no way back anymore. He's leaving on 100%, what Koeman said. Actually if he signs will only confirm the existence of his greedy gene.

My version: He was offered a contract late, and he decided to squeeze Moshiri's pocket by delaying his decision. Thought he's indispensable for Everton, because he was starter all season. Then Koeman told him to sign or leave. Thought the manager is playing mind games for him to sign, and thought he could play the upper hand by delaying more. Saw that we've signed many good midfielders and thought he fucked up. Still hopes he can play the upper hand by going to Arsenal or Tottenham on huge salary. Still plenty of time for him to understand he fucked up his career, but there's no way back anymore.

Edited by Haiku

Koeman mentioned in the presser that Barkley still has one year left on his contract and that if here and is fit then he will have a chance to play.

(He was asked by a reporter if Barkley had a chance to play if he wasn't moved on this window.)

Be interesting to see if the fans sing his name to try and get him to realise where he belongs, or if they try to force him out even more.

No issue with the lad myself. I'll be gutted to see him go.

I'm glad he's kept his mouth shut. Do the talking behind closed doors, not in the newspaper.

He's took a lot of stick over the last few years from the terraces, maybe some of the foreign lads haven't seen it so much. That's not a dig by the way. My mates who don't go the game didn't believe it as much either. But he's a sensitive lad, these things play on him. Spurs sing that Kane is one of their own, we boo'd Ross off the park for Robertos last two seasons because he wasn't Gerrard.

I wish the kid luck, but more than that I wish he would sign the contract.

?

Be interesting to see if the fans sing his name to try and get him to realise where he belongs, or if they try to force him out even more.

I think the fans showed him where he belongs when they rallied round him after he got punched.

I don't get how we got that reaction from him then yet we are in this position know where he won't sign a new contract. Something has gone on behind the scenes.

I think the fans showed him where he belongs when they rallied round him after he got punched.

I don't get how we got that reaction from him then yet we are in this position know where he won't sign a new contract. Something has gone on behind the scenes.

Agreed....

The phrase "about as welcome as a fart in a space suit" springs to mind.

Not reading? I dont think you do read Pete... that's the problem.

Juve did not bid for lukaku. We did and he had to sign for us. He spent the closing months of his loan telling the press he would only sign for us if we qualified for champions league. He then had a shit world cup and we were the only club who met Chelsea valuation.

That's a fact.

As for you calling lukakus behaviour as being so e sort of example for stones and barkley? Do me a fuckin favour.

If Everton fans want to play the "he's one of us" card again st Barkley then maybe they should have thought of him as one of us when screaming "Barkley your fucking shit!" When he makes a 5 yard pass at goodison.

Didn't get past that's a fact. Go look at Karen Brady's comments. I said rumour regarding Juve.

Don't know if you trolling, or just that egotistical to think your opinions are facts. Fact is, I suspect the latter but that's just my opinion.

Donald Trump would be proud of that logic.

Exactly like creative force who's lack of creativity is the reason we never broke the top six. His performances didn't warrant a payrise.

Aggrieved? He's underperformed and asked for a payrise! Any other job you'd be laughed out the door.

One thing that confused me about the 100% was that there are no bidders?

I think Koeman wants to avoid the drama. If Ross stays and runs down his contract, the media will be on it constantly. As it is its pissing me off and just want it sorted one way or the other.

Koeman has basically come out and asked a club to put a bid in for him. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes for peanuts as we have no negotiation power whatsoever in this one. The 50 valuation is paper talk, we'll be lucky to get 25 at this rate.

My biggest fear is he leaves us and becomes a worldie, and we shipped him off for a pittance.

A pretty sad way it's turning out, can't help but feel this could have been avoided.

Edited by Sparks FC

Koeman mentioned in the presser that Barkley still has one year left on his contract and that if here and is fit then he will have a chance to play.

(He was asked by a reporter if Barkley had a chance to play if he wasn't moved on this window.)

Did I hear him incorrectly? Sounded to me like he would have no role, but Koeman said he would train with the first team as he still has a year left on his contract.

Wanted. We would never of offered a contract if he didn't. Now he wants him gone.

Not necessarily, a player with a long contract is worth more. A lot of the time contract renewals are strategic either for the player or the club.

General comment:

it doesn't have to be anyones fault, who hasn't had a situation where they just don't feel like they can work with someone. Maybe its just one of those times and no one knows enough to draw any other conclusion.

What we do know is he's told the manager he would like a new challenge and managed not to talk about to anyone who asks, so he's not being a total dick about it.

Wasn't he one of the top five players in the league for creating goal scoring opportunities?

But because his surrounding players didn't finish them off, so he didn't get assists to his name.... that makes it a bad season?

Not happy the way he has gone about this, but he didn't have a poor season.

Edit: it could have been key passes. But either warrant a good return don't they?

Edited by Shukes

Wasn't he one of the top five players in the league for creating goal scoring opportunities?

But because his surrounding players didn't finish them off, so he didn't get assists to his name.... that makes it a bad season?

Not happy the way he has gone about this, but he didn't have a poor season.

Edit: it could have been key passes. But either warrant a good return don't they?

He hesitates too long on the ball so the quality of chance has diminished by the time the other player gets the ball. Davies first time passes were much more dangerous.

We only have to say a players being sold for the media to give the player the 'top team biased article'. Hold on Sky, we haven't sold him to a media favourite team yet!

He has created more chances, just not many good chances.