IGNORED

Ross Barkley

i think he will be of the aaron lennon, andros townsend type, still playing in the league just for a lower side and making minor impact.

Lennon is a far better player than Townsend. Lennon played 266 games for spurs - average of 26 per season in his 10 years there.

Pochettino wants him at spurs to make him into a central midfielder !!.

What is he now then.

Attacking Midfielder I'd say. A central midfielder has all round play, Xabi Alonso is a prime example of a central midfielder, could tackle, pass and attack.

They want him as a long term replacement for Dembele who is already 30, thing is though with Ross due to his multiple leg breaks he is not too keen on tackling a lot of the time. I must admit it's an interesting concept and Poch would be a good manager to change his game as he seems like a proper coach

They want him as a long term replacement for Dembele who is already 30, thing is though with Ross due to his multiple leg breaks he is not too keen on tackling a lot of the time. I must admit it's an interesting concept and Poch would be a good manager to change his game as he seems like a proper coach

would be interesting indeed

he's be in the u23 after 20 min on the pitch. dembele has been rated by many players as the best all around player in the league. passing, big physical, can tackle, can score, great positional sense. ross has 2 maybe 3 of those (on a good day). he can't tackle (won't really) and positional sense defensively is not there. simply put he wouldn't do well defensively.

for me he's an ACM or forward, can pass, attack and score. doesnt offer anything on the defensive side of the game (which is a large part of the spurs press).

Edited by markjazzbassist

Me too but he wants out so let's hope a few clubs start a bidding war. Unfortunately he will be a squad player, on the games he will get I think he will just be trying too hard and make mistakes and the crowd will be right on his back. Dembele is a beast and a totally different player

I'm in the same school. Disappointed it has come to this with both party's.

I don't get this- we've offered him acontract- he wont sign it. What else can we do? I don't see how the club are to blame for this, he was played week in week out, his home town club, new stadium on the horizon, club buying players and on the up, Rooney back yet he wants a new challenge??

The lad want's to be the main man and he's spat his dummy big time because Koeman hasn't blown smoke up his arse constantly.

I don't get this- we've offered him acontract- he wont sign it. What else can we do? I don't see how the club are to blame for this, he was played week in week out, his home town club, new stadium on the horizon, club buying players and on the up, Rooney back yet he wants a new challenge??

The lad want's to be the main man and he's spat his dummy big time because Koeman hasn't blown smoke up his arse constantly.

spot on

We tried to keep Lukaku even after he said he wanted to go. I would have liked to have the same consideration for Ross.

I'm surprised you don't understand this to be honest Pad.

Haven't you ever wanted to leave your Job and told your boss?

Or have you ever been in a position of responsibility and someone has told you they want to leave?

It happens in everyday life, always. It's a common thing.

We tried to keep Lukaku even after he said he wanted to go. I would have liked to have the same consideration for Ross.

Or have you ever been in a position of responsibility and someone has told you they want to leave?

we did and offered him a new deal with far too much in wages (if you ask me). how was he not considered?

we did and offered him a new deal with far too much in wages (if you ask me). how was he not considered?

I keep hearing it but I still don't know any details. What I did see was us make it public that we were lent fighting to keep him.

I really honestly find it surprising that some of you failed to pick up on this? I mean come on, it shouldn't need explaining should it?

I get that some do t rate him and aren't that bothered, that's fine. But to miss the way we made it public that we as a club we're not going to fight to keep him.... that's ... well it's what it is I suppose.

Maybe I just see things different that's all. But please do me a favour?

When my opinion is questioned.... please don't get offended when I answer. Not saying you have been, just don't want my post to come accross the wrong way.

Is the existence of a new contract still in question? I thought that was definite. I feel like most of Koeman's comments about Ross were in response to very simple questions. People have said a lot about his treatment but I just interoperate the commentary as basic criticism.

Koeman had been asked about Barkley and Lukaku from the very beginning of his tenure. It's gotta be annoying. He just answers questions as they come to him and not only does he see what we do on match day, but he's there for training. Ross probably holds on to the ball for longer than he should in training too. That's just how he is.

I've never been able to witness the negativity thrown at him during matches but I have read level headed assessment of his ability on here and other platforms. I just think Ross is afraid of the work and the challenge of competition for his place. It's hard to suspect anything else when a player declares they'd like to leave without an actual deal in place to do so. The contract is there, with more money and greater responsibility; he just doesn't want to continue at Everton.

As always I have my own theory. I think Koeman has made it very uncomfortable for the lad. He probably feels as though his future doesn't lie here. A class act on his day.

And it remains important to realize that we've only ever heard Koeman's side of the story. Barkley has, quite rightly, stayed silent. He deserves a lot of credit for that and doesn't deserve having fans turning on him.

We have tried to keep him Shukes, we offered him a new contract. Barkleys situation is completely different. He's in the last year of his contract so if he doesn't sign now we lose him for nothing. We can't put a gun to his head and make him sign it, we can't tell him tough shit you're not being sold, alls we can do is offer him a good contract and see if he'll sign it.

The club have done this the right way- he wont sign then I'd sooner get £25 million for him to reinvest in the side than nothing at all.

I honestly don't get what we have done wrong in all this. If he had 2 or 3 years left then fair enough but he doesn't.

How much was he offered a week and how much do we want for him?

Haf, Koeman said the boy was offered a good contract and I believe him. Stop trying to defend the lad, he's shit on us from a great height. Even Arteta signed a new deal so we could get top £ for him. I've no issue with him wanting out, I'm fine with that (although I'm surprised by it) but he could sign and wait a season then move on and get his boyhood club a big fee.

If this was Lukaku you'd be wanting him sent to Guantanamo Bay for life- in my eyes, this is worse. At least Lukaku had no attachment to us, Barkley supports Everton but because he's kept his mouth shut he gets a free pass.

Absolute bollocks.

As always I have my own theory. I think Koeman has made it very uncomfortable for the lad. He probably feels as though his future doesn't lie here. A class act on his day.

You keep saying this but don't seem to be able to or want to explain why if he wanted him out so much- he played him week in week out.

Koeman has asked the lad to step up and fulfil his potential, to stop hiding behind the "he's still only young" tag and becoe a senior figure and show everyone what he's capable of and the lads been like a rabbit in headlights and ran away.

3 England managers played absolute dross over Barkley, they can't all be wrong.

Haf, Koeman said the boy was offered a good contract and I believe him. Stop trying to defend the lad, he's shit on us from a great height. Even Arteta signed a new deal so we could get top £ for him. I've no issue with him wanting out, I'm fine with that (although I'm surprised by it) but he could sign and wait a season then move on and get his boyhood club a big fee.

If this was Lukaku you'd be wanting him sent to Guantanamo Bay for life- in my eyes, this is worse. At least Lukaku had no attachment to us, Barkley supports Everton but because he's kept his mouth shut he gets a free pass.

Absolute bollocks.

this for me.

Still hope he signs though