IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Thought Clyne had a very good game, Milner grafted as only Milner can. Kane had a first touch worse than Rom. Walcott can't use his pace when the opposition 'park the bus'. On balance, Ross deserved the MoM. Smalling had one of his better games for England (not difficult on past form).

Edited by johnh

Thought Clyne had a very good game, Milner grafted as only Milner can. Kane had a first touch worse than Rom. Walcott can't use his pace when the opposition 'park the bus'. On balance, Ross deserved the MoM.

The more I watch of Kane the more perplexed I am by him. He just looks shite, but pops up with goals.

Kane reminds me of Sheringham but has the physical attributes of shearer.

He will do well in the game, no question about it. He is going through the second season syndrome but I admire his mentality.

Barkley just needs a mentor, it is as simple as that. Hodgson doesn't like him, seen that from day one.

"Its not often that I really contest peoples choice for Man of the Match. There were one or two other candidates, but Im pleased Ross got it. We saw what he can do out there."

Churlish twat. Backhanded patronising compliment.

Why couldn't he just say, "Yes, Barkley had a wonderful game and deserved to be MotM." Would it really hurt that much?

Mind you, I was expecting, "His pass for the goal didn't make up for his stupid give-away in the first half that almost us a goal."

Wow. Your view on strikers fucking baffles me.

Not normally a million miles off. I try to ignore highlight reels and when people were going overboard about him last year I watched him a few times - very impressed and these were games when he didn't score.

Everyone gets a hardon over goals. Ok yeah it's the strikers currency, but you have to be able to see beyond that.

Kane is a very good player. Before we know it he's going to be the next Tom Cleverley - maligned for no real reason other than he is a successor for a golden generation player.

I like the fact that he's got bottle to show when things ain't rosy, he's worked hard to get where he is and you can tell - he's not a natural footballer but he's two footed, strong, conscientious worker and leads the line very well.

Edited by Hafnia

The football 365 article is just bullshit.

This lad needs protection from dick heads. His talent levels are ridiculous, too much is being made of decision making. His instinct is what will make him a match winner, before we know it he will be petrified to try a solo run or ambitious pass.

Loving Ross at the moment - such night and day from last season. I had some doubts last season of the hype surrounding his ability, but now I am starting to see just how good he can be - his potential is immense. I worry that he might "outgrow" Everton FC if he keeps performing as he is.

haha - predictable. He is almost trying to take claim for developing Barkley... RM has had the unenviable job of perervering with him through his bad patches where his confidence is not all there - this dinosaur is doing his best to undo it.

Wonder who Roy will vote for in the ballon dor next??? Theanswser will be someone who no one else will think of.

he reminds me of the footballing version of this article....

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2011/12/how-to-be-a-music-snob-the-art-of-being-pretentious/

haha - predictable. He is almost trying to take claim for developing Barkley... RM has had the unenviable job of perervering with him through his bad patches where his confidence is not all there - this dinosaur is doing his best to undo it.

This!

Martinez has been fantastic with him, especially in light of his poor form last year.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-ross-barkley-cant-defend-10258124

Enter the manager that didn't think he was good enough for Leeds..... "Ross Barkley can't defend".

Neither can Christiano Ronaldo... Nor could Glenn Hoddle,

James McCarthy can't beat 3 men and score from either foot from 30 Yards....

Just embarrassed that he had a top player and couldnt use him

Edited by Hafnia

Its symptomatic of the English game. A midfielder who has technical brilliance but isn't quite Bryan Robson (who I thought was over rated) and breaks his collar bone every tackle can't be picked.

Barkley will be this generations Glenn Hoddle.

The attacking midfield role is the role all players want to have because its playground football - but you have to be very good at it. The "work rate" comes from "showing for every ball" literally as soon as the defender is on the ball you are looking to the midfielder who is going to have it and make your move from there.

be under no illusions - this has all stemmed from the dinosaur Hodgson and his world cup treatment of Barkley. Its a disgrace.

Jealousy will detroy this lad. Any other player than Ross loses the ball and nothing is said - the second he does its on twitter and all sorts.

Hate it when that happens

Hate it when that happens

He is at serious risk of being bullied the way Cleverley was.

Deep down I think the media resent a player like him being at plucky Everton -

Martinez needs to come out in the way that SAF or Mourinho would and basically say "you don't deserve a player like him - you always moan about coming up short at championships because you can't create enough"

But it is a real problem with Ross to he fair.

Ross literally let's players walk pastille he is not there.

As Lukaku is a forward....should he be allowed the same grace?

In Barkleys position he needs to making it as difficult as possible for players to get past him when he isn't in charges the ball. This would make him twice the player.